1-24-16 - Donuts and Blackberries with Cream

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. I hope the storm has left and all of you are all right. Maybe just a good morning to stay in bed. I didn't want to get up this morning either, but not because of the weather. We are supposed to reach 70* today!

Kt, I didn't hear about it being a wolf moon, whatever that means. I just happened to be out on my porch with all the windows and saw it barely above the horizon, so I watched it for a while.

Wishing all a good day.

Good morning my friends! Hoping all of you in the path of Jonas are safe, warm & content.

Today it is predicted to be 75F, full sun with no clouds. Oh joy.

This Sunday is playoffs so after church the tv will be tuned into the Broncos and Cardinals games. Go Cards! We're long due for a big win. I am ordering pizza, wings, and have made homemade cookies too. Gotta love playoff days -- I am not coking all day long!

OC: sounds like a beautiful day in your parts.

Take care everyone and be vigilant. The roads are still covered in black ice in many areas. Thinking of you.

Afternoon everyone. It was sunny this morning until I got home after church.
I hope it's clear tonight so I can see the full moon.

I was watching a Friday show at dinner and the ad for Campbell's Soup had announcer
say Winter storm Jonas coming and get your soup. I wonder if their ads will do that
for all the winter storms.

Remember Downton Abbey night and tonight starts the small return of X-Files.

I hope everyone will have a safe and warm Sunday afternoon.

link about Full Wolf moon

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/full-wolf-moon-2016-what-it-means-where-watch-it-live-online-1539587

Good afternoon everyone. We had a very fine snow this morning, but the sun is shining now. The kitchen and bathroom are cleaned except the floors still need to be swept and washed.

Laundry is done, and dinner (beef roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, and broth) is in the crockpot. I'll also have green beans that I cooked and froze in the fall.

My brother-in-law's mother died Friday at noon. He was afraid that he'd get stuck up here because of Jonas so will come Monday (if his neighborhood gets plowed) from Pittsburgh to arrange her funeral. It will be towards the end of the week so hopefully my niece in Baltimore can get a flight.

My nephew's new wife is also stuck in New York City. Thankfully, the moving company told her they didn't feel safe starting out with her belongings on Friday. Everything is still in her apartment so she's ok for now.

Afternoon all. The visit with dad went as expected. I was supposed to take his computer to the shop but he wouldn't let me because he is going to take it to the place where he bought it and have the salesman fix it. The entire afternoon was one of him trying to prove he still could manage in the world, as it becomes increasingly obvious that he can't. Sigh.

At least the outside day is beautiful and I can read a book outside as the washing machine chugs away. Loved the pictures of the storm that were posted yesterday.

Go Cardinals and Broncos!!! Have a safe and warm Sunday

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous Sunday. It has been a pretty good day on my end. I went to bed really late last night and ended up sleeping in till close to 10:00 am. Then I had some yogurt for breakfast and did some cleaning around the house. I finished all I wanted to clean at around noon and then had some lunch. I had blueberry pancakes for lunch.

After lunch I read a book and then fell asleep. Right now I am awake and reading donuts and posting you all a message. I really love Sundays as this is the day I can relax and enjoy my favourite hobbies!

The weather today has been okay as it has been cloudy for most of the day and cold. I cannot complain as I see all those in the East Coast digging out from the "snowzilla" I cannot believe that I can see grass on the ground, in January. Really?!

I hope that all of you have a splendid Sunday.

Lovo's son, Frank, posted the following on her Facebook page a few minutes ago. I asked him if we should continue to mail to her regular address, and he said yes. Message me if you don't have it, and want to send her a card. I'd rather not post it here where the entire world can see it.
In the mean time, send up lots of prayers for her.

Shirley

"Hi all, this is Frank. I just wanted to give a quick update on mom. She went onto hospice care last Thursday, hopefully as a temporary measure to gain control of several afflictions that were giving her increasing discomfort. She was in high spirits on Friday, and she seems to be relatively stable at the moment. It may take a few weeks for her (us) to become accustomed to the hospice process, and to see how her health responds to the additional care. She probably won't do much facebook or texting in the near future, so don't fret if she doesn't respond to your correspondence. I'm sure she would appreciate cards. Please keep her in your prayers. I will pass along updates if anything changes."

Hi all........Another grey day, this one with some fog. It did something during the night as the roads are wet, the truck had thin ice on the windows. My car is now so filthy, will have to check the windshield wiper fluid as I have been using it a lot, with cars'/trucks kicking up the wet dirty junk all over it. This is when you have to stay about 3 or 5 car lengths behind any car in order to avoid more yuk.

So many people are so ill, and now lovo, that dear soul. I know she has really been having a rough time of it lately.
Looks like those who were nailed by the storm Jonas are now trying to dig out, get back to normal. I had to come home after church via a different way, and what do I pass.....yep, Jonas Road. Egads!!!

thanks for letting us know about lovo, rs.

hopefully, her son will read any notes we leave on her page.
I need to get a card mailed.

Good evening all,

Sunny but cold day, and we have nearly 2 feet of snow. Went to work this afternoon and stayed an extra hour. It wasn't busy until the last hour or so I was there. Gonna sleep early tonight after a bit of reading homework. Prayers to all who need it, especially RS and Lovo.

Have a nice day everyone.

Back