1-28-2018 - Donuts and Staying Home

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. Sunny and mild here today. I think it will get into the 60s*. Was a bit below freezing this morning. Poirot mentioned light at 6:30. I took note this morning. It was still dark here, only a faint sign of light on the distant horizon. It wasn't light enough to see to get around outside until nearly 7:30.

I decided to stay home today. Some unexpected business came up, which will require my attention, so I hope to make some progress on it today. Also, I'm trying to get mentally prepared for the cataract surgery on Wednesday. I've been wondering whether I should postpone, due to the cough and other symptoms I developed this past Wednesday. I haven't had any fever and it never developed into what I had expected. The cough has been aggravating, more of a throat tickle, and my throat never got really sore, lots of sniffling. The whole thing may just be allergies, with all this dry wind. I'm supposed to start my drops tomorrow.

I hope the day is going well for all of you.

It is a warm morning and very busy work day. Even staff here yesterday contracted the flu and are off sick now. Of course all it takes is an infected person to breathe on you. Medical staff cannot avoid people. My days/nights are turned around again from the change in shifts. Just hoping I sleep when I get home tonight.

OC: hope you finish your goals for the day and feel better too.

Thinking if you all and wishing you a great day.

Morning all.

I will be heading out to the store with the dead computer as soon as I finish cleaning up breakfast pots and pans. I want to be outside most of today as the weather is so not late January. I mean really, 81???

Noel - I hope you do get some sleep when you get off shift today.

OC - I hope the things you need to get done, get done without hassle. You might want to call your doctor to ask about surgery and the cough. Coughing when they are working on your eye might not be a good deal.

Peaceful Sunday to all.

Good afternoon......It is just breaking light around 6:30-6:45...Sunrise is around 7:30 or so, but it maybe it is the street lights (I am not used to those) that make it seem lighter. Really, tho, I look at the sky. There are only a few, and actually, the ones in the front of the house are all out, so that is what I judge by. Started flurrying snow around 8 a.m. Still doing so. Evidently there was some sort of icy rain last night, very light, but enough to make is slippery out there. Atop the soft snow, then it froze.

A friend brought an old desk of hers that she just no longer wanted, so I have more space where the computer sits, but it takes more room, and now I have some rearranging to do. But it has 3 small drawers, so that is a plus.

A beautiful day here. Sunny and close to 60. I washed rags this morning
and hung them out. After dinner, I did my favorite chore, raking (ha, ha)
The last time it rained, a lot of leaves came down the ditch and water is sitting.
I got most of the leaves out and also raked some in my backyard. I'm tired.
High on Monday will be below 40

Poirot, I'm glad you have a desk again.

OC, I would call the eye office and tell them your symptoms. They can
decide if it's safe for you to come in or not.

robin, I hope you were able to find a bargain for a new computer.

Noel, I hope you don't get sick again and sleep well later.

I hope everyone is having the best possible day you can.

Back