1/29/24 - Donuts and Puzzles

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
40 degrees and overcast, rain finally stopped, but clouds remain. Would not be surprised if it rains again.

I just learned that today is National Puzzle Day! This includes any and all puzzles, be they jigsaw, crossword, and the like.

I am "puzzled" as to how it is actually Monday again already!

Everyone have a great day!

1706547909956.jpeg

Good afternoon everyone. We've had so much rain that my old coal cellar was a swimming pool all weekend. Thank goodness it never came up into the basement proper so it never got over 6 inches deep. My 2 new pumps were still going when I left for work, but the water was reduced to about 1 inch deep. That just means that it was coming in a lot slower than it was being pumped out.

We had snow this morning, but it has changed back to rain with a wind chill in the 20sF. That's just ridiculous.

I love doing all sorts of puzzles, too.

Poirot, did your son set up the ROKU for you?

robinsnest, I'm glad you had a good time working at the skating event. Vinnie upset with the neighbors for playing with "his ball" made me laugh.

Good morning--barely still morning here. I guess this is the spot the sun likes for this week. Seems we're to get plenty of it, which is a welcome change. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Today holds similar promise. Still, I'm having trouble getting on track to do anything. I need to go to town for a couple of things. Maybe I'll make it today, maybe not. I slept late, then had French toast for breakfast. Had been thinking about it for a while and knew it would wipe me out and it did......

It's a beautiful day. It's sunny and close to 60 this afternoon. The sun came out yesterday afternoon and was in
the 50s. I'm staying in this afternoon. The sun will be out Tues and Wed too. I'll be outside tomorrow.

A busy morning at church. They're throwing a lot of stuff away that I can recycle. I stopped on the way home and
dumped part of it today. I worked in the church library too. It's been awhile since I had time to. I was so busy with
the sanctuary during the holidays. I'll be back next Monday and will work in library that day too. I can't work in
library on Tuesdays since it's used for meetings. I do a lot of type of puzzles. Time to do studying.

Wilde Woman, I'm puzzled too that's it's Monday.

rs, that's a lot of rain. I'm glad your pumps are working.

OC, I hope you have a restful afternoon if you don't go to town.

I hope everyone will have a cheery rest of the day.

Good morning early afternoon.....I broke down and purchased a good sized planter box with trellis to block someone special's view of the neighbors..... I wanted to get one last year but HB convinced me that someone special would get used to it. As I'm tired of the two of them arguing over who is making more noise, fingers crossed the planter box will win out.....
Tonight is an all High School Band concert.... grandson auditioned earlier in the school year and made 4th Tuba out of 8 spots, last year he was 6th tuba so he's moving up. That should be fun....
I have the HOUSE OPENED UP!!!! Okay so HB is cold but it is so great to have some fresh air coming through the house...... even if people continue to park in driveways and walk in their houses without permission......
RS I hope your pumps continue to work.....
WW I may just break out the puzzle I got at Christmas and put it together today....... thanks for the idea.....

Off to finish celebrating a wonderful Monday......

Actually, I do jigsaw puzzles on line.......(Jigsaw World). Same with the word * number puzzles. Occasionally I do the crossword in the Sunday paper. I like the Suduku puzzles on line...Wordle, Crossword, as well.
Sure is cloudy again, Going out with a friend for whatever you call a very late lunch or perhaps early dinner. LOL
My son says my TV is already hooked up for Roku......says just have to change setting on the remote. Fingers crossed.

No, have not......Since Days is now streaming......I have no idea how to get streaming on the TV........still watch on computer

You need to ask your son how to add channels to your TV now. Since he set it up, you should
be able to add Peacock to your TV.

You can watch Peacock with the Roku device. Maybe he can help figure out how to get it.

I love word searches. If you have a loved one who likes word searches and has poor vision.... go to Amazon and type in word search for visually impaired. I got some for my mom and she was so happy to be able to do them easily

Back