1/5/24 - Donuts and National Bird day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I might see lot of birds today since the white stuff is falling

273-1704389078.jpg

It's a winter wonderland outside now. I looked out at 5:30 and no snow. At 6, it was coming
down. I walked two times around today. The streets and sidewalks are covered. I walked in
the yards. The small school by me cancelled school before 7. On my last trip around, I heard
a bus behind me. It brought the grade school kids back from the big town. Which means
Fenix's mom will be home soon to take him out later.

I'm not sure the workers will put up the gutter screens today. One person is here now, but
the snow is heavier. It's suppose to end in two hours. I'll be inside the rest of day cleaning
and studying.

robin, let us know how it's going for you.

Take care all in the winter storm.

Update, Matt (my handyman and contractor for gutter company) is here. He's going to put
up the gutter screens in the snow. I told him he could come in and warm up when he
needs to. Hopefully, someone with the garage door company will come today too.

33 and sunny, but we due for a wintry mix late Saturday into Sunday. Coastal regions might be significant snow, but I believe, and hope, we just get an inch or two. If so, they predict it will turn to slush, which is treacherous to walk on. Will do all my errands early tomorrow and stay in Sunday.

Kat: Glad you are getting that work done. Stay safe at home, but if you need to venture outside, please be careful.

Wishing all a great day, and everyone getting bad weather, please be safe!

1704467185113.jpeg

Good morning.... at 3:30 when the Beast needed his really early or late night potty time it was raining..... at 7:45 when he next woke me it was a winter wonderland outside. It's still coming down. Per the weather guessers it will continue coming down all day.... HB left to take grandson to school and then a hair cut..... he should be home soon. We were not successful with finding a place to get a key for the car yesterday. We did discover the key has a chip in it so we need a chipped key
I'd love to see small birds here, all I've got are flying barking dogs, otherwise known as geese around me.....

Have a great Friday..... snowy or not......

The snow stopped at 9AM. The streets were dry by noon. There is no snow in my yard now. Fenix's
mom got home after 10. She was unsure of the roads since they were bad when she went to school.
Matt is almost done with his job and the garage door fixed. If the door doesn't close right again in
the future, I probably need a new motor.

robin, I hope the street crews are keeping the streets clear where you are.

Love the beautiful bird pictures!

Be safe, all of you with wintry weather. I'm so glad this one missed us. We had an inch of rain last night and it was partly cloudy and breezy today, a bit chilly but nowhere close to snowy. I was in the kitchen most of the day. Had to cook, despite having a migraine. Also had to haul my trash to the community dumpster.

Have a good night and a better tomorrow, everyone. Kat, I'm glad you got your projects done.
Wilde Woman, good plan, to get your errands done ahead of the weather.
Robin, sometimes I wish for more birds that are a little bit bigger than the daily titmice and occasional chickadees I'm seeing these days. I'm okay without geese though. I used to see some passing over seasonally but mostly now all I see flying over are Sandhill Cranes, which look a lot like geese when in the air. They hang out here throughout fall and winter, plucking green wheat out of the fields. A pest.

Back