10/1/21 - Donuts for a new month

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
Good morning and happy October to you all. I got lab results yesterday and have more questions than answers. I was really hoping that my current health problems were related to electrolyte imbalance. Nope. My electrolytes are just fine. Hmmm. I now need to make an appointment with a neurologist.

I had a nice rain yesterday afternoon. There was just enough rain to water things. I couldn't tell how much rain got
in the ditch last night since it was dark. The ditch is muddy and there's no standing water in it now. More rain
expected late today and tomorrow.

I'm catching up on my studies this morning before Sunday school lunch.

Lil0, sorry to hear you didn't the result you wanted from your blood work. I hope the next
set of tests will show something.

I hope everyone will try to have a fun day and wonderful weekend.

Last edited:
Good Morning Friends,
It's supposed to be another hot day here with high temps up into the mid 80's, the only good part about it, is that it won't be as humid as during the summer. We had a nice visit with my folks and my mom made a super yummy chicken casserole thing for dinner. My stepdad is doing remarkably well considering he had pretty major surgery 4 days ago. Nothing exciting happening today for us.

Lil0 - so sorry your test results are not what you were hoping for, praying that the doctors are able to figure it out
Kat - enjoy your lunch and your quiet study time.

Wishing you all a weekend full of blessings.

Good morning. It's overcast and still in the 60s* here!! With 100% humidity! Though it's not raining and hasn't since a little dab yesterday. We still have a chance until into tomorrow but it's looking more and more like we may not get any more. I'm thankful for what we had, and I had enough here at my house, around 3.5" so far, but most of my pastures are over closer to where my niece lives and she only got 1.5", which will help, but a little more would be nice too.

Lil0, I feel for you, having to go to a neurologist. It's stressful and tiring to have to go to different doctors searching for solutions. I hope he/she can get some helpful answers for you.

Kat, I still can't get over your neighbor watching you clean out his ditch. Maybe he has some kind of health problem and isn't able to do it? Anyway, it seems a good thing that there is no water standing in it after the rain.

Manda, sorry, I had to laugh a little when I read you are having a hot day--in the 80s*. That's what we're getting for cold fronts now. All of next week is supposed to be in the 80s* and sunny, with nights getting down to the 50s*. That sounds about perfect to me. But I know you're comfortable at lower temperatures so I hope you get them soon. It's good to hear your step-dad is doing so well. That chicken casserole sounds good. I need to cook some chicken today and can never think of ways to cook it that are super simple. Anything that gets out of the one-pan range is not simple to me. Lol, limitations.

OC, the man said he would clean it. Why tell two people if he wasn't going to? It would have
been better if he said he didn't want to. I hope you get more rain in your pastures.

OC - my mom's chicken thing was super simple, she chicken breasts cut in half, laid them in the bottom of her pan, topped each piece of chicken with a piece or 2 of sliced ham, then a slice of swiss cheese. On top you put croutons tossed with melted butter, (she used about 1 1/2 cups of croutons & 2 Tbsp of butter, for the 5 of us) then put cream of chicken soup over the top of it all and back. My mom adjusts the recipe depending upon how many people she's cooking for and she almost never uses the whole can of soup, she freezes the extra for the next batch.

I realize mid 80's probably seems cool to many of you, but for Wisconsin in October that's hot, 2 years ago we had 3 inches of snow on Halloween.

Good late afternoon.... I dashed off to work without stopping in here. Last day of work. So much fun stuff to do around the house. I did get the dusting done yesterday....it's been way too long since that was done on the top shelf..... there weren't even dust bunnies, but full blown dinosaurs.....all vanquished....

Lil0 I hope you get the answers you are looking for......
Manda 80 would be delightful...... but yes I do get how it's just too hot for parts of the country at this time of the year.....
kat why can't people just do what they say they are going to do?????? sheesh.....
OC I hope we both get some more rain.......

On to the evening.......

Well, I'd like to say this is the final straw but if I'm realistic, I know it isn't. Remember that only yesterday morning I dug a tiny twig and some fuzz out from under my car hood? So today after lunch, I drove down and rearranged my gates, them came back and parked the truck and decided I'd better check under my car hood, even though it seemed a little soon to be finding anything else. Oh my goodness!! I opened up the hood and not only was there a large, almost completed rats' nest but there was a big rat perched on top of it! :eek: Not a mouse, mind you, but a full-grown rat. He sat there staring at me for about 2 nano seconds, then scampered away. I don't know which one of us was the most shocked.

I left the hood open, went and scrounged around and found an old wire cage/trap, perfect for the size. It had been years since I'd used it so it took me some time to figure out how to set it. The tripper is rather ingenious and the trigger is delicate so I have no idea whether it will stay set long enough for the rat to go in or whether it will trip if he does go in. I went out to the cube cart and got a few cubes to put in it. I also set a bucket half full of water nearby (all right next to the car), as I once caught a rat that way--it got into the water and couldn't get out. When I got back to the car with the trap, I could hear the rat down under the engine bumping and banging around.

I would leave the hood open, since that is what some people do as a deterrent, except I know that raccoon is always messing around and I don't know if it would tear up wires, etc. There's also been a squirrel or two (not sure if one or two) scampering around the yard all day but I hope he's busy enough with the pecans to keep him distracted. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Even if my present trap works for this rat, there's no doubt others will quickly replace him. Thanks for listening. I imagine some of you are thinking, "Enough already!" But pouring out my frustration here seemed better than standing on the side of the hill and screaming. And Manda, for what it's worth, it's 77* right now and I was feeling pretty hot while out there fooling around with all that.

My afternoon rain is delayed again. It will probably rain for sure when I do my errands early in the morning.
It got so warm in house (the humidity) I had to turn on my A/C again.

OC, I would freak out if I saw a rat.

robin, I'm glad you could handle the dust dinosaurs
:)

Definitely am so glad we have a place to vent, cry, laugh, brag, chat, hug, & all the rest. God Bless you all. Thank you!
And me, was trying to call my doc office to get perhaps appt. with someone else, since my doc on vacation, my leg is hurtin'. Tylenol is not lasting as long for me, limping more, using can more, etc. Trouble sleeping. \
And now, just got a call from hubby, he has COVID. Doesn't know how, says they changed his room , his voice is so deep & raspy. Daughter says nurse told her this afternoon, he had a sore throat, and did test positive for Covid, but that he would stay in same room. This is not good.

Poirot, sorry to hear about your hubby getting Covid and your leg still hurting. I'll say some extra prayers for
both of you.

Back