10/11/2023 - Donuts and another warm day

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Wednesday to all....
We have one more day of warmth before cold weather comes. Some parts of Kansas are due for "flurries" not us yet thankfully.

If all goes well we will be off to a pumpkin patch tomorrow...

The news out of Israel keeps getting worse and worse. Prayers for DaysD and others.

Afternoon all. I hope everyone is well.

It's in the 80s this afternoon. I'll be outside tomorrow and Friday afternoons. Cooler this weekend.

The man who's putting baseboards back came today. He told me he can put the baseboards in the
areas that aren't getting a floor on early. I was going to suggest that to him, but it had be his decision.
He's starting a new business and I'm his first customer. He'll be here late tomorrow morning to start.
He'll put the bedroom base boards up after floor done. He's from Australia and has an accent. I found
out today he worked in construction there.

This week is high school reunion time for me. At church Mon, I saw a classmate. She works at church,
but I don't usually see her. Another classmate is taking BSF and she noticed me today.

robin, I hope you'll get to the pumpkin patch tomorrow.

I hope everyone will have pleasant rest of the day.

I went out today for the first time since I came home from the hospital a week ago. Had a followup doctor's visit. I did several errands while in town and held up better than I expected. I also got a Jalitos Ranch Burger at Dairy Queen and ate most of it. May not be healthy but getting food down me is a good thing right now. A strange thing.....I didn't completely lose my senses of taste and smell from Covid but they both have been greatly diminished, still are. One thing that surprises me is that I can't taste Jalapeno Peppers! They don't even taste hot to me. :eek: . I had noticed this all week when I eat my egg burrito for breakfast every morning. I always shake Green Tabasco brand Jalapeno "juice" or "sauce" into the burrito when I make it. I kept thinking I wasn't putting as much as usual so I kept adding until I finally realized I just can't taste it! Then today, the Jalitos burger is a hamburger with Mexican cheese, Ranch dressing, and breaded/fried slices of jalapeno peppers. Same thing--I couldn't taste them.

The HVAC guy is coming tomorrow to install my new unit outside. He's also going to clean my coils inside. The whole thing will take about five hours. I'm happy even though after reaching the 90s* tomorrow, we will be dropping to the 60s* and 70s* for the foreseeable future after that. I also have mixed feelings. My niece had to have her dearly beloved, constant companion of many years doggie put down. She took her remains and had them cremated and is to go back to the city to pick up the ashes tomorrow. I had hoped to go with her but I won't leave with the a/c man coming and I don't need to postpone it.

OC, I'm glad you were able to get to town. Sorry to hear about your niece's dog.

rf, good news about the rain.

Back