10/13/21 Donuts and wind

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was in the 70s and very windy when I walked this morning. I was happy I could walk since rain is on
the way. The rain is getting closer to me, but a lot of it might start moving north of me. Hopefully,
the tornado watch in Oklahoma won't come my way.

This morning, I'm going to Crystal Bridges again with the Ollie group. We're going to walk part of the
main exhibit and learn tidbits. My friend gave me an alternate driving route to get there so I won't
have to drive on the main highway. I'm a good driver, but too many others are not. Hopefully, the
heavy rain won't come until I'm home.

I hope everyone will the best day they can.

It's LAWN day at the HOA that I live near.... and it's scalp the lawn and resead so you can have pretty green grass in a freaking desert. Tomorrow we will be overrun with the big birds that will consume 80% of the grass seed put down. My little finches and such who eat in my yard will have to deal with them coming into the yard to eat from my seeders..... Not made at the birds but at the HOA. Birds do what birds do.

My sister made it home from Canada, but not without issue. She and her husband have had the Delta variant, both have been fully vaccinated and to leave Canada they didn't have a form signed by their doctor allowing travel. My sister pointed out that she traveled to Canada, so she can travel she had 3 pages of the form but needed yet another page that you can't get from the website directly you have to know to click somewhere to get this magic form. They then found a place where they could get same day tests at the airport so for a mortgage payment they got two tests, and were able to come home. My sister believes the woman she worked with at the counter reported her to TSA so my sister was pulled out for a "random" extra testing.
My son and his family got home late as 11:30 to the airport from their trip to Mexico. All had to go to work today.

Happy Wednesday to all....

We are low 80’s today. It feels nice actually. More rain starting tomorrow.

Not much going on this week but we will be meeting up with my mom and brothers this weekend for dinner - she’s camping nearby at the lake so S’mores for the win LOL.

That’s crazy about your sister Robin, glad they made it home.

Have fun Kat!

I just got home. It wasn't raining much on the way to Crystal Bridges, but I hit every red light. I kept feeling anxious that I would get there late. I was able to find a nice spot by the museum. After touring 30 minutes, you could hear the rain hit the roof. It rained a lot on the way home and it didn't seem as long on the way up. I passed an accident on the way back.

I checked the ditch coming in. I guess it hasn't rained as much here as where I was. No water running so far. It might rain off and on through Friday.

robin it seems rather crazy to reseed yards in the desert. I hope your not having too much pain today.

Kris, enjoy the S'mores this weekend.

Good Afternoon,
I'm seriously ready for a day off, but I'm just worn out from the past few weeks. I need to start scheduling random days off, just to use up my vacation time. Another busy work day, doctor appointment for Gena today. Yesterday's dentist appointment was a nightmare. Gena ended up having to have the nitrous oxide to get through the filling as she couldn't stop gagging for them to do the work, there's $103 out the window.

Kat - I'm glad you were able to go the the museum again, such a pain to hit every red light.
Robin - I've never understood why desert communities try to have green lawns, you'd think a yard full of succulents or something would be a better idea.
Kris - mmm, s'mores are the best,

I best get back to work, since I'm leaving early again to day. Have a terrific evening friends.

rs, I hope you are well. You haven't posted in awhile.

manda, I'm sorry to hear about Gena's dental appt. I know how it is to be a gagger. She might need
to hold something when she's at the dentist.

OH Manda that is just terrible..... I hope Gena is okay.... I so totally hate going to the dentist due to terrible things that happened as a child and as an adult that I put it off for way to long.... I find pre-drugs to help me followed by drugs at the office and then well post drugs..... and of course none of those are covered by insurance... actually I've never had dental insurance that covered much of anything.... cleanings twice a year the recommendation... my policy paid for only one. Need a filling $24 was all that was paid, no matter what was used. I stopped paying for the insurance because it was basically worthless.
My doctor's appointment was not what I expected. My right hip is gone. I'm waiting for the scheduler to contact me.....

Kat - Gena always brings her favorite stuffy to the dentist for comfort. My mom and I both have really sensitive gag reflexes, but the price of the laughing gas is ridiculous.

Robin - thankfully my dental insurance covers most things fillings, extractions, cleanings all at 100%, but nothing for the laughing gas, I wonder if a muscle relaxer would work equally well if given to her before. I can get 1 pill for a whole lot less money that the nitrous oxide.

Robin, ouch! No wonder you've been in such pain. I'm so sorry about your hip...... Are the birds that eat your grass seed sandhill cranes? They come here in the fall and eat the freshly planted seeds in the wheat fields. They come in great numbers and they look and sound like geese when flying over......What a nightmare for your sister.

Manda, I had no idea laughing gas would be so expensive. I've always wanted to try it, just for the "laugh." I've been to dentists all over the country and have never had one offer it or even mention it. I don't know whether they didn't have it or whether you have to request it. I hear a lot of people say they get it.

Kat, it sounds like your drive to and from the museum was a tedious one. I hope you enjoyed the museum while you were there.

Kris, I hope you have a good time when you meet with your mom and brothers. Not only have I never had laughing gas, I also have never had S'mores. I guess I've lived a sheltered life.

I've had a busy couple of days. Yesterday I had a real good visit with my friend. We met and ate at a tiny restaurant on a lake, called The Bait Store. They also sell bait and other related stuff. I'm not usually adventurous enough to try the "unknown" when it comes to eating, but I'd been hearing good things about them and it was much nicer on the inside than it looked from the outside, and the food was great, if you like small-town Texas cafe foods, such as chicken fried steak, fried catfish, a variety of burger options, and Mexican food.

Getting there was a challenge though. I woke up at 4:15 a.m. with an awful migraine. Finally got up around 6:00 and took a prescription pill and eventually got okay. Got dressed and brought my car around to the back steps before doing my makeup and hair. Even though I've been checking under the hood nearly everyday, I decided I should check before starting out on the long drive. Oh my goodness! I found the biggest rats' nest ever!! It was a rat palace and it was spread over about half of the engine area, made of pink fiberglass insulation, with lots of pecans from my tree out back, and some dried out orange peel and some of my hair that I had thrown out when I last gave myself a haircut. It took me about 30 minutes to deal with that, as I had to dig all that junk out from under and in between wires, hoses, etc.

Then I took a wrong road at one side of the lake and drove slowly through the winding path along the lake for the longest time, only to come out very near where I started! It was a pretty drive but I was sorry to keep my friend waiting.

This morning I had a welder come out and discuss building a carport for me. Not as good as a rodent-proof enclosed garage--if that is even a possibility, which I doubt--but it will allow me to park on a concrete slab in a better location, and I hope it will facilitate getting the old garage/shop cleaned out, which should help make the whole place less attractive to rodents, racoons and other varmints. The other day I watched the raccoon eating smushed grasshoppers from the front of my car. I do appreciate that but they make messes that I don't appreciate.

Last edited:
Back