10/14/2017 - Donuts and Rain

A

A. Guy

Good morning all! Slept in, a little, today; I hope everyone got some much-needed rest!

Did the flu-shot thing, yesterday; Rite-Aid was kind of busy. Got some kind of combination booster shot, too. That one included a whooping cough booster, thankfully!

You will likely think this sounds crazy, but the next stop was at the Salvation Army store, to conduct a soup spoon search. This was a bust, though in the past, they have had a mess of unmatched flatware. I am kind of fussy regarding spoons, particularly after a favorite was misplaced :rolleyes: years ago. It will probably be very difficult to top my current best one, but I still keep an eye out for them at yard sales. :)

I hope that all of you will have a very nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, thought it was gonna me a sunny morning here, as when ithe sun rose, was gorgeous, all golden skies, orangy streaks. But we are overcast, and tho the rain is not expected until tonight, looks like it will arrive much earlier.

Looks like you got the DPT shot booster, I got that a couple years ago when I got pneumonia shot. LOL, not just for kids anymore. Wish they had a bronchitis shot. LOL

Good morning everyone,

Crazy busy week, and this weekend won't be any less busy. Weather here switched from sunny and warm to rainy and fall-like. This weekend will be warm again, though, with highs in the 70s. Nights are getting much cooler, and the mosquitoes are dying off. The leaves are still mostly green, but slowly changing.

I'm going to do some of my homework today, and maybe hit the gym later this afternoon for a break. I'll probably have Sally out in the backyard for a bit later on as well.

Hope all of you have a nice weekend.

Happy Saturday Friends.

Just another hot, sunny, dry and dusty Saturday here mid-October. There is not a trace of Autumn weather and the scenery is always bland boring desert here. I spend as much time as possible looking at family photos posted of more familiar Autumnal patterns in the midwest & eastern half of US. Plus my sister and family photos of their gorgeous Italy excursions.

I awoke with a start for some reason at 3am. No matter how hard I tried I just could not go back to sleep. This week was emotionally draining at work, and watching the California fires and hearing the stories of those who died in their homes was heart breaking. I am ready for a quiet day of rest. And hopefully a morning nap.

Got some kind of combination booster shot, too.
A smart move on your part!

Wish they had a bronchitis shot
Yes so do I Poirot. Right now I wish there was any kind of medication that would help you heal more quickly and rest!

Hope all of you have a nice weekend
Yes and I wish the very same for you Days!

Take care everyone and let's make it the best day possible.:)

I'm up, Mr. Gus received his Heartgard pill so he is protected for another month. I'm packed with the exception of this computer. Now waiting till time to head to the airport to fly off to Sacramento. My aunt wants to go home. She doesn't understand why she can't go home. This has her unsettled and the dementia is acting up. She, as I guess most folks with this disease, is much happier in familiar settings. I've let my cousin know I'll be in Sacramento all week, if they need me to drive over and help.

A Guy - spoons, eh? My wedding pattern was an Oneida pattern Paul Revere. Of course the pattern it is no longer made and I now need replacement forks/spoons. Used to have 8 forks, and 16 spoons. Now I have fewer. I never thought to check Salvation Army locations. The entire Bi-Centennial bride thing was a bit much, but I survived. Even if the marriage didn't.

I work Monday and Tuesday, then off till Halloween. Yippee. I'll check back in when I get to Sacramento.

There are all kinds of replacements online. Just type in your brand and pattern and bingo! Don't know about prices....Sometimes better to just get new set, lol. But when a pattern is no longer made, guess the place to look is flea marts, Salvation Army stores, but really, on line there ARE places/companies

Noel, I had been unaware that a whooping cough vaccine existed. :rolleyes: I noticed it was posted on the Rite-Aid wall, and the rest is history! :) I hope I never have another "cold" like last Spring's; it was frightening.

Hoping for some cool weather for you!

Poirot, I hope that you will recover, very soon!

Good afternoon. I've needed to make a trip to Walmart, but have been putting it off for several days. I ran out of treats for Remmy and she isn't very happy about that, lol. I finally gave her oatmeal cookies a couple of times. Those taste even better, right? LOL

I had two Jehovah's Witnesses come by today. One was an elderly, frail man and the other was in his late 30s. I couldn't hear much of what they said with Remmy being all excited and barking, lol. I have a pretty good knowledge of The Bible, so I don't mind talking to them (from the other side of the door). Sometimes I do like messing with them by asking questions they can't answer, lol.

Take care everyone.

A pretty day here, but I'm staying in because of my cold. I'm taking medicine. I went
to bed early last night. Woke up at 2, but I went back to sleep.

A Guy, I hope you had luck at Salvation Army.

Noel, I hope you've had a restful day.

robin, enjoy your vacation.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and evening.

Just got done with a bunch of bookwork, that took me 3 times as long since I was constantly being interrupted by hubby's questions, comments, wanting help with this or that. Guarantee you it all did not put me in a good mood at all. Don't know why, but the "a" key is sticking, doesn't always show up, and this keyboard cannot be taken apart. He definitely became quite aware that I was frustrated and ticked off, but guess what? Did not faze him in the least. Cease and desist. Nope. Grrrrr.

He doesn't understand losing one's concentration, one's place, and having to repeat steps , blah, blah, get off the rant, Barb. LOL

Has not rained yet, but sure is chilly and windy, besides being grey and overcast.

Gosh, so many people have colds, major & minor, plus the bad bronchitis. A lady I know had it for over 6 weeks........Yikes. Hope those under the weather will be turning the corner and feeling a bit better every day.

Hi everyone. Just a quick check in. I put my porch panels up today, and cleaned the nasty mess the chipmunk made under and behind the glider. I'm filthy dirty and hungry. I'm off to the shower first. Then reheating leftover chili for dinner.

Prayers for all of our sick folks out there.

Prayers also for everyone in the fire areas.

Last edited:
I successfully landed in Sacramento. Got picked up on time. Everything good. Get to the house. Steak salad for a meal. Son goes to open a can of olives and slices his thumb. I wrap it and we eat. After the meal, the bandage has soaked through. Son does not listen me, to the just put another gauze on top, so he removed the gauze and the sucker started bleeding all over again. So off to the emergency room. 3-4 stitches later and we return home. And, oh yeah, a new tetanus shot too.

And now on to Sunday.

Robin, I can't keep up with all your trips! So sorry about your son's thumb. Made me think of when I had to take my son for stitches in his, when he was about 12. I hope your son's heals up smoothly and quickly.

Squirrel, nothing feels better than a shower, after a dirty job like that. I hope it wasn't as hot there as it was here today. If it was, you might not be eating chili.

Back