10/14/2023 - Donuts and Stubborn Raccoons

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
I know the solar eclipse is the event of the moment but I've had to go out three times in the past hour to chase off the mama raccoon and her kid. I keep telling them they can come late in the evening, after the birds and my one squirrel have had a chance to eat. Maybe they think it's evening already because of the eclipse.

I had forgotten about the eclipse, since I don't have any glasses for looking at it. Then about an hour ago I was puttering around in the house and noticed it was getting dark. Took a minute for it to dawn on me what was happening. I opened up all the curtains throughout my house and have enjoyed the "calmer" feeling without the usual bright glare of the sun. It's not very dark out but if it stayed like this all the time I wouldn't have to keep my curtains shut. I thought it was going to be darker than it is. I wonder if the animals notice the change.

Cloudy day in the 50s. It's going to be sunny next week and back in the 70s. No rain in forecast.

Matt's been here since 9:30. Thinks are going slower than expected. All the baseboards are up except in bedroom. He's
covering walls with stuff so there are no gabs. I guess it takes awhile for it to dry.

OC, I didn't know you could speak raccoon to make them behave :)

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Yet another miserable Saturday (they already forecast rain next Saturday, too), with heavy rain. 51 with slight wind now. I got soaked to/from pharmacy (even with umbrella) for Covid booster, but glad I got it over with.

OC: No doubt the raccoon were confused by the darkness.

Kat: So sad about Michael Caine, but he makes sense. Have enjoyed his performances over the years. Hope the project is completed soon.

Everyone enjoy your day, rain or shine.

1697308522541.jpeg

Rained yesterday, and again early this afternoon. Can't say I have seen any sunshine, sort of overcast. Heck, if O.C. hadn't mentioned it, I would not have thought at all of the eclipse, until the news tonight. Not even on our radio here, I mean nothing mentioned, so guessing did not affect up here. Tis 50, very windy, my blinds have all been drawn, as did not open them at all. Despite the rain, some construction crew is out working across the road.

Wrote this a couple hrs ago, and..........just noticed had not posted it. Sheesh.......

Matt just left. All areas done except bedroom. He put the double doors back in laundry area too. I need
to wash them off. The got filthy on the floor. I have to wait until tomorrow to clean bathroom. He said
baseboards are soft. He filled in gaps with putty and painted. He might go over insurance amount, but
that's fine.

Poirot, we've all done that with posts.

Wilde Woman, sorry you had to get in the rain. I hope you can stay in the rest of the weekend.

RS....My Flames are losing to your flightless irds at the moment and don't think they'll recover with 8 minutes left in the third period.

Back