10-16-2016 - Donuts & Insomnia

Noel

Reaction score
Good Morning.

Insomnia is ruling today and I am exhausted from lack of sleep. I spent the night streaming Star Trek Beyond for some much needed diversion. Just decided on a breakfast sandwich hoping that will allow me some protein energy until I can nap this afternoon. Sure hope all of you are sleeping soundly!

Take care and watch out for possums, carpenter ants, and any other critter entering your home!

Good morning all, It is so calm and still, it is rather eerie, as fog built up , rolled across the lake, then dissipated a bit. It is like some Sherlock Holmes movie, but actually, so still you can see tree reflections in the lake, which are lovely. Then further on is the fog. Weird how the fog gets thicker, moves so you cannot see anything, then rolls back a bit, then thickens again. Wish I could take a pic. No sun, tho there is pink tinges behind the fog, so am guessing eventually there may be sunshine, no fog.

Sorry no sleep for you, Noel...that is rough. Yesterday I woke up at 4:30, today I must have been catching up, it was 6:45. And now I have to rush to shower, etc. before church. Take care all.

Good morning everyone,

Was foggy and chilly this morning after I landed back in Philly, but to be 72F today, and the sun is already coming out. I had a fabulous time in CO, even though it was a short trip--the weather was beautiful! Fall colors abound, warm days and cool nights. We did a bit of a hike at this place called Garden of the Gods and also went to the Air Force Academy, otherwise just hung out and relaxed. But alas, I'm exhausted, and getting back home today was a pain because the train was out of service at the airport.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

Good morning. The full moon was bright and beautiful last night and early this morning, even through some clouds. I got up one time, in the middle of the night, and noticed such bright light coming through a kitchen window. I was a bit disappointed to discover I'd left the back porch light on and it wasn't just the moon, lol. I rarely turn the outside lights on. They interfere with my stargazing.

Take care everyone.

Good morning. Kt, I had a clear view of the beautiful moon last night, then again this morning as it was low in the west.

Noel, I feel for you. Insomnia is awful anytime but especially so when you have to get up and keep moving at the normal time.

Degrassi, I wondered when you were getting home. Glad the weather was nice and you had a good time.

Poirot, I love hearing about your lake and the effects of it. I never get to see anything like that, although, once in a while, when we have fog, I can see it heavy and white, hanging over the river, but it is about a mile away.

The only pests I'm battling right now are those blasted buzzards. Yesterday morning there were three of them, each trying to hog space on the very top of the antenna. Usually only two or one. I've been shooting BBs at them. Was so hopeful at that idea, but it doesn't faze them, even if I happen to hit them. They just squirm a little and don't move.

Morning all. The moon was indeed amazing last night. I tried to get a picture of it but was unable to get a clear one. I have a new camera and apparently need some more practice with it. Hunny bunny dropped the previous one and now the shutter doesn't work. :( So he got me a new camera and it has lots of bells and whistles. It promises to be so dang cool once I get the hang of it.

I'm a Dodger fan. I have a Cubs fan son. Last night the text messages were flying. And he got the last word. Will be a great set of games.

I think I'll hang around the house. Currently I'm providing a bed for Mr. Gus who is snoring away in my lap. I can do that for him, right?:)

Are the Cubs going to the playoffs?

Another busy day. I got outside to work in the flowerbed. Only a small area left to mulch.
I had to come in because it's so warm here. Yep, high humidity. I saw a small snake, but
gone too soon for a picture.

Sorry about your sleep Noel. I no longer watch TV in bed at nighttime because of my
health. That has helped my sleeping problem.

DaysD, I'm glad you had a good trip.

In the mornings, I check outside before letting my cat in or out. Just to be sure he's not
bringing a present or something outside.
I noticed bright light in driveway. There's the Hunter
Moon. I took a picture

Hunters moon 10-16.jpg

Been a lot of years since I visited Garden of the Gods, which was beautiful. But back then, it was just an area on a must see list if you were in Colorado Springs. No resort, no park, no nature center. LOL. Glad I got to see it before it was "enhanced". LOL.

This has really been an exciting season for the Cubs's fans. So many heartstopping moments, lol.......and then they win over 100 games......first time since they did it during the Great Depression...1935.

Kat, you are turning into a regular shutterbug. Thanks for the picture.

Robin, you are going to enjoy the new camera. I don't have a very fancy one, so it helps if I prop on something or use a tripod for night scenes. I hope you get some good pictures. The moon should be just as lovely tonight.

Good evening. This stomach virus going around here is no joke. Annabelle had it for a few days, Ava was out of school for a week and a half, and then I ended up with it. I did manage to make it through Annabelle's field trip on Friday because I was just thinking it was me being chilled from the weather and being outside. They had went to the nearby army base for Frontier Army Days, to learn the history of the base and see some demonstrations. So, we've been dealing with that and watching a lot of cartoons.

Hubby has been on night shift a lot this month covering another person's vacation time. He's off for a few days then goes back to work right as the girls start Fall Break on Wednesday. So he's taken them to the movies while I get some time alone to rest, to clean, to do whatever I want.

Ava has a field trip to a pumpkin patch tomorrow so I'll go along on that trip. I'll have to catch up on Donuts sometime this week. I hope everyone has been well.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a great day. Today has been an okay day. I woke up at around 9:00 am today and did some chores around the house. After I did a few, I sat and read a few magazine articles from two different magazines I have and did some of my colouring. Currently the picture I am colouring is going to divided into 4 sections and I have made my way to part 2. This one is going to take me a very long time as there is a lot of small shapes in the picture to colour but once it's done it is going to look amazing. Although time consuming I am going to make it very colourful.

Right now it is mainly cloudy and 48 F, quite a warm Autumn evening. This week is going to be the tale of two seasons, Summer in the first half, Autumn in the second. Mother Nature is mighty confused.

I cannot believe that it's Sunday night already. Right now I am watching some NHL hockey on television with my cat laying right beside me. This is surely life's little pleasures.

I hope that all of you have a super Sunday evening. Much happiness to each and everyone of you.

Back