10/17/19 - Donuts and Birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Lil0. Wishing you a wonderful day

bday-312.gif

Good morning everyone. Another cold, rainy, windy day here. YUCK!

I'm in the office working on referral follow ups. I also need to write a "success" article for the United Way. Unfortunately that means that I had to find a child with a severe vision problem. I have a few from this school year, but the parents don't want their children used in photos or stories. I don't blame them one bit because I wouldn't want my child exposed like that either.

I was sitting at my desk laughing a few minutes ago. I was looking on line for a cake for Lil0's birthday, and a lot of images popped up with her name on them. I saw one that had pretty red roses, and thought it would be perfect. When I clicked on the link in Google Images ....it led right to the Donuts thread where I posted that picture right here on the Spectator last year. :clap:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/10-17-18-donuts-birthday-cake.31773/

Last edited:
Oh I just love seeing all the cakes here. I'm not even that fond of eating cake but the ones that show up here are too pretty to eat anyway.

Lil0, here's wishing you a very happy and pleasant birthday. Hoping you are feeling well and free of stress today....and everyday.

Squirrel, I'm with you and the parents. I wouldn't want my child advertised in any way. That's funny, about the cake from last year.

Hi, rk. Hope you find a project that suits you.

It's going to be in the upper 80s* here today. Will get over 90* again in another day or two, then drop back down to 75*. We always have roller coaster temperatures this time of year. What we aren't having is rain, and things are getting pretty dry. A slight chance for Sunday night.

Good Late morning,
Gena wasn't feeling well at school today, so I left to pick her up and am now working from home, I guess it's a good thing Girl Scouts got rescheduled. Her visit last night went as well as can be expected, and I got them to help her review her spelling words, so that's a bonus for me to not have to do it after.

Thinking of you all, but no time to respond, lost an hour with the long drive from the new office and my computer acting up. So now I have to work later to make it up. :rolleyes:

Well good morning all of my Salem Spectatorites. It gives me great pleasure and is honour in sending Lil0 the warmest birthday wishes on behalf of the commonwealth, continental U.S. and of course my darling Corgi’s. I am about ready to go to bed soon however I couldn’t truly rest until I tweeted some important events that happened on your day of birth. It also gave me a break from all of this attention being bestowed upon my family that I brought my son and future King, Charles and his wife and future Queen Godzilla, ahem……I mean Carmella…… oh dear me, excuse me. What I mean to say is CRUELLA, to deliver the Queen’s speech in Parliament. Anyhoo, here’s some history for today’s date.

1244 The 6th Crusade ends when an Egyptian-Khwarismian force almost annihilates the Frankish army at Giza.

1529 Henry VIII of England strips Thomas Wolsey of his office for failing to secure an annulment of his marriage.

1691 Maine and Plymouth are incorporated in Massachusetts.

1777 British Major General John Burgoyne surrenders 50000 men at Saratoga, N.Y.

1815 Napoleon Bonaparte arrives at the island of St. Helena in the South Atlantic, where he has been banished by the Allies.

1863 General Ulysses S Grant is named overall Union Commander of the West.

1907 Guglielmo Marconi’s company begins the first commercial transatlantic wireless service between Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada and Clifedn, Ireland.

1936 Due to uprising ant-Semitism and anti-intellectualism in Hitler’s Germany, Albert Einstein immigrates to the United States. He makes his home in Princeton, N.J.

1939 “Mr Smith Goes to Washington” starring James Stewart and Jean Arthur is released.

1963 The Beatles record, “I Want to Hold Your Hand” at EMI in London.

Happy Birthday, mum!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the lovely cakes and birthday wishes. It was a good day. I just got home from dinner at my daughter's house. [She lives just down the road -- about 2 blocks. Falcon and I walked down in the rain. He was not amused.]
My birthday present to myself will be to attend a showing of the Downton Abbey movie this weekend. !!!!!!!!

Back