10-17-2016 - Donuts & Happy Birthday

Noel

Reaction score
Good Monday morning!

It's that time of year again: Halloween costumes, Halloween candy, and Halloween baked goodies for school parties. Our church holds a carnival on the actual night of Halloween so the children have a safe place to play and collect goodies. My baking list is too long already but since when do children run out of new ideas for cookies, cupcakes and candy?! :wink:

Wishing everyone a good start to their week. I am spending all my free moments looking for some sign of under 90F weather before the end of the month. Otherwise it is too hot to wear my sequined and embroidered Halloween tops.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, all ~

Well, the "really bad storm" that was scheduled to hit us on Saturday was not much different from any other of our many island windstorms. It did hit other areas of the Pacific Northwest harder. While Whidbey Island often makes the local area news as being one of the hardest hit, this time we were mentioned on one of the local TV stations as having escaped the brunt of the storm. :)

Still raining and breezy, but it looks like just typical Fall weather.

Wishing you all a pleasant week ahead.

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lilo!!!

Wishing you a beautiful birthday filled with much love, joy and great surprises.

applebirthdayvi-vi.gif

Lil0, I'm glad to hear you missed the worst of the storm. Here's wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Noel, I hope you get some cooler days in time to enjoy the Halloween activities.

We're supposed to get up to 94* here today. We've been running in the 80s* so that will feel hot. Gusty winds too. I wanted to do some things outside but I think I'll wait a day or so until the wind settles down and the temperature goes down a little. I'm already dragging from allergy pills. All I want to do is sleep.

Wishing a good day for all of you.

Oh, Hope your day is a fun one, Lil0....
images

Tis foggy this a.m. Had a lovely day yesterday, the fog burned off, sun came out, got up to 60, no wind, tho a small one eventually popped up. Then, last night, around 9 p.m., thunder started booming, lightning crackling, lost TV for a bit, but it came back. It would quiet down, then bingo, another siege. By midnight/1 a.m. we lost TV completely, and then lost power, tho since, the house was dark, was hard to tell when. Just know the clock on stove & microwave were off about an hour. Boy, the thunder would shake the house, the lightning crackle. Got about an inch of rain....am not sure if it is going to rain any more. Just was not expecting that last night.......Was too soon for Lil0's storm to have reached here, so no idea where it came from. Hmmm, maybe down from Muzza.....lolol.

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday Lil0!!!

Noel - good luck with the baking

OC - stay cool, 94*, yuck.

Barb - It was so warm here, that Gena went swimming in our pool yesterday (then we drained it so we can get it put away for the winter.)

Supposed to be warm again today, high of 74, about 20 degrees higher than normal, but cooling off the rest of the week. Supposed to get some wild storms this afternoon/evening. Although I rather hope not, as I have my monthly Girl Scout Leader meeting tonight. The office is in the country next to a nature preserve, so that makes me a little nervous if the weather is nasty.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

1 birthday cake.jpg

Happy Birthday Lil0!!!!!!!

Yes, even the weather people seem to tire of our 90+ weather. But at least nights have dropped below the 80's so I'll take that.

The wind and rain were pretty bad over the weekend in Sacramento, but the fence stood, which is good. I really don't want to put a new fence in during the winter. I really want to find the owner of the house and split the cost. But it's a rental, has always been a rental, and the owner is absent. All my other neighbors and I have worked on replacing the fence between our yards.

Happy Monday all.

I was so worried when I got up and saw Halloween in the topic. I thought I overslept :)

Yippee!!!!!!!!! The side flowerbed is finally all mulched. I knew I had to get it done this
morning, before the heat and humidity. Goldie and I went out early for our walk. It wasn't too
dark with the moon "glow". Then I cleaned house. Then outside. I took time and dug out a
lot of roots before I put the newspaper and mulch down. FYI, I'm wearing capri pants now.

Noel, good luck with your baking and don't overdo. You don't want to get sick again. They
have things at churches on Halloween around here too, but the kids still go out and trick or
treat. I won't have my light on past 7:30. It's a school night.

Lil0, I'm glad you missed out on the storm. That's a great birthday gift.

OC, I hope it cools down where you live to help with your allergies.

manda, I hope the storms won't arrive this evening until you're back at home.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

It is 85 outside and I have the heater on. But only because the landlord got a deal to check out the furnace/ac unit this early in the furnace season.

Good to know it will work, when and IF it is ever needed again.

I need to start making my Christmas cookies. But honestly, who wants to bake when it's this warm?

Good afternoon all,

Happy Birthday Lil0!!! Have a great day!

It's sunny and 80F here. What happened to fall? But yeah, this is my kind of weather! Some of the leaves are turning more orange/red/golden/purple. Probably in about two weeks we'll be at peak colors. I only had Spanish today, as my other class was canceled. Still, I have a lot of homework to do. On the bright side, I did get an 89 on my Spanish test, which I'm really glad about.

Hope everyone enjoys this nice day.

Great news about your test, DaysD

It's very windy here. I heard a big bang outside and saw my neighbor's trash cans fell over.
I didn't have time to put my shoes on because some of the recycled items were blowing down
the street. And I had to run down the street to get them. Now that would have made
a great video :)

Happy Birthday Lilo - Hope you have an awesome day!

We didn't get the weather they had predicted or "warned" us about all last week. That's a good thing but it sure puts a burden in your plans. My daughter was having all her professors over for a fall party and canceled it because of the warnings! It would have been a great day to have the party. Now try again next week.

We had a busy weekend. Yesterday we drove up to my folks grave and decorated it with fall colors and a few Halloween decorations in the morning and then met my daughter and family up at the pumpkin patch. Ember had a ball. We got lost several times in the maze but that's what makes it fun, right?! Came home around 4:00-ish and headed over to the neighbor boy's 3rd birthday party. We took Ember with us and she was just the best mannered child and everyone kept complimenting us. It makes you feel good.

Congrats on the 89 in Spanish DaysD - it's not easy.

Have a great day.

Well, now I finally know that I did in fact kill that rattlesnake that crawled under the wheelchair ramp after I shot him last week. Went out today and there is an awful stench coming from the ramp. I'm okay as long as the wind is out of the south, but I'm afraid if it turns from the north anytime soon, the smell will come inside the house. Now would be a great time for those buzzards to do what vultures are supposed to do! Surely they could reach under there and drag out the snake, right? I went out to fill the water pans for the wildlife a little while ago and saw SIX buzzards circling around the house overhead.

So, I am sitting here, and this squirrel suddenly pops up on the sill outside the window........hey, he was less than 2 feet from me, only the window between us, as he chomped merrily away on something. I thought it was a pine cone, it wasn't. He ate about half, then shoved the other half into the corner of the window, scampered off. I won't open the window, as it rained off and on, plus those nasty Japanese lady bugs are out there trying to get in anywhere, but I really wish I had one of your cameras to have taken that so closeup video. LOL by the way, it is thundering, lightning and raining again.

Back