10-19-2016 - Donuts & Kitty

Noel

Reaction score
Happy Wednesday morning fellow Salemites!

It is so warm here there is no dew on our rock yard or cactus. Dreaming of cooler days. Our kitty is finding many different types of bugs to catch and lay at my feet as gifts. Wonder why I am not hungry for breakfast yet?

Wishing each of you a lovely day.

Good Morning Friends

Noel, aren't you lucky? My kitty never leaves me bugs, she likes to eat those, although she likes to bring me other presents when she can find them. :)

Last night was restful. It was the only night this week I didn't have something else on the agenda, so I took advantage and just watched NCIS. Tonight is choir practice, and tomorrow is our Girl Scout meeting.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good morning everyone,

Just walked the dog. It's a sunny day outside and to be in the 80sF again, with a nighttime low of 65F. And I'm saying this as leaves are drifting off the trees in the wind...strange, but nice, weather.

Have my long day at school today, and then the debate afterwards. I won't have time to go to the gym, but maybe that's a good thing because I'm sore from yesterday.

Have a nice day, all.

Good morning. Degrassi, your weather is very similar to ours right now, but I think we're supposed to get cooler in the next couple of days. Maybe you can spend this evening resting your muscles while you watch the debate.

Manda, your schedule reminds me of my daughter's. I don't know how your generation fits in everything, especially after putting in a full day of work each day.

Noel, don't lose hope. Surely some cooler days are coming for you. Meantime, it's nice you can enjoy the early morning hours. That's what I like about our hot summers.

I have a curiosity. Except for vultures (and hummingbirds before they left), I have hardly seen any birds in weeks, really, months, but I fully expected to have plenty by now. October is usually when all the different kinds show up. Some stay, some just passing through. I've been putting out feed on the scaffolding, and there it remains, day after day. Even raccoons aren't coming for it! This is starting to feel eerie. I hardly ever see the rabbits anymore. Nothing but buzzards and an occasional snake or rat. Where are the birds?

Good morning. It's been very foggy the last two days. The moon had a halo around it and looked pretty, but I hope the clouds/fog go away before the Orionid meteor shower peaks tomorrow night.

I've been studying the carpenter ant hole, lol. They will get a fresh collection of wood shavings built up in the hole, then apparently shove it all out at one time. It's interesting how they can make such a nearly perfect round hole. My landlords must be out of town. Their phone is going to voice mail and the store has been closed. I'm still trying to figure out what to do if I use the bug bombs Poirot suggested. I'll have to take Sparky and Remmy somewhere for hours and I can't take them together. They must be separated from each other and other animals (like Baxter), lol. What a dilemma! Sparky will have to perch on his stand wherever he goes.

We may have a record high temperature today (according to weather.com).

Take care everyone.

OC, maybe the humble critters knew there was a rattlesnake stalking their food area, lol.

Where are the birds?
OC - The birds are still way up here. I saw several flocks of geese flying around yesterday, and the other birds that are usually gone by now are still lingering too. I guess they don't think it's cold enough to leave yet as we're having record high temperatures for October.

Hi everybody. I finally have an afternoon in the office, and the marathon child screening sessions are completed for now. Tomorrow starts my regular schedule of child and adult screenings.

Sending belated birthday wishes to Lois here. (I did manage to send them on time on Facebook.)

I actually stayed awake to watch tv last night. The new guy on NCIS is growing on me, but I wish the "Quinn" character was sent back to wherever she worked before. Also liking Bull more with each show.

My migratory birds are all still here, too, even though I've had the leaves mulched twice already.Usually they're long gone by the time that many leaves have fallen.

Oh my gosh, Fez grew up

Another busy morning at the school library. I'm done with the "Cs" in the fiction section.
I'm finding groups of books without their picture at times like the "Little Old Lady
who Ate". I didn't realize there were so many variations of it.

It's another warm day here. The rain is postponed until this evening now. Cooler Thurs.

Noel, be thankful your cat only brings bugs.

OC, I have to agree with everyone else the birds are elsewhere because of the
weather. I saw blue jays yesterday. I might put seed out soon. A cardinal was sitting
on the fence yesterday. Was he looking for the bird feeder?

manda, I'm glad you were able to get an evening with rest.

kt, good luck on the bug problem.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

The new guy on NCIS is growing on me, but I wish the "Quinn" character was sent back to wherever she worked before. Also liking Bull more with each show.

RS- I agree 100%. I'm really starting to like Torres, but Quinn could go away. I'd rather have the British guy on all the time. I'm also starting to like Bull more. I wasn't too excited about it after the first episode, but it's growing on me. I always have to record NCIS New Orleans, as I never manage to stay up that late, but love that one too. :)

We have sun today. I's extremely bright after all these cloudy dark days! Only getting to 50 today though but that's okay, at least we have the sun breaks. Rain again tomorrow.

Went to our daughter's for dinner last night and were going to do pumpkins but it got too late! She is having a fall party this Saturday. She has invited her professors and is letting Ember invite her class. They have a bounce house for the kids and will decorate pumpkins too!

When she emailed the teacher with to regards of getting the invitations to the kids, the teacher asked her why she would invite the whole class, 16 kids. Nicolle said I remember the kids in class who didn't get an invite and how sad they were. I'm trying to teach Ember to be nice to everyone! She has a little Russian girl who doesn't speak English and Nicolle told Ember to try and be nice and ask her to play and Ember said how? We chuckled but showed her how she can motion to her!

OC - funny you mentioned the birds! This weekend I said to my husband other than the crows, where did all the birds go? We have sparrows that are here into December usually and they are gone. It seemed so quite outside except for the dumb crows. We have geese by work and have only seen maybe 1 or 2 in the last couple of weeks.

Have a great day.

Interesting how several of you are also noticing things not being the same as usual with the birds. But hey, a couple of hours ago I saw a female cardinal and a titmouse on the scaffolding, eating the birdseed!

Shan, how nice that your Ember is being taught to be kind to all of her classmates. It's so sad when some get left out! I hope the party is a lot of fun for everyone!

Birds? Where are the birds you ask???? Well, the condo is FULL.

cactus bird.jpg

This morning I saw this fine fellow come out of his/her "apartment" and sit on the branch, while the hole above had a head pop out. On the arm to the right there is a hole that has a family living there too.

Sorry for being late. Really busy morning. Day doesn't end until 6:30 and then I'm supposed to go to bonsai. But I think I'll go home instead.

I tried to get here this morning to post the picture.

And Noel, we will cool down next week, into the lower 90's. Whoooo hooooo! Guess it does beat the mid 90's, but not by much.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Thanks for asking about the toe JS. My daughter was advised to soak and wrap it for a few weeks until seen again and that is going well.

I replied in this thread vs the previous as I have a couple of other things to post about and then off to bed early for me.

I caught the lizard today! He had a bit of fuzz caught in his mouth so I removed that and let him outside.

I have been extremely tired today, it is slightly concerning. I have already napped but know I will be out again as soon as the sun goes down.

My sister(s) tried to play me today but I am done being emotionally manipulated by them and told them to no longer contact me. I ran the situation by my mom (it concerned her and her husband passing on and who passes first and my sisters not appreciating her husband's role in my mom's life) and she has my back so that is that.

I hope each of you had a wonderful day and good night.

It got to the low 80s today. Higher than the forecast. I had to put the A/C on again.
Rain still in forecast. I hope it comes.

OC, I'm glad some birds came by to see you today. I've been hearing chickadees for awhile.
I plan to put seed out soon since it's supposed to be cooler.

YPG, sorry to hear about your day. I hope you get plenty of rest this evening.

Back