10/20/16 - Donuts & Sisters

Y

YPG

Good morning to you all.

I apologize for no personal replies yesterday as I usually try to acknowledge everyone but my sister drama had me very frustrated

They live on the West coast and I on the East and we have been texting in a group text for a long period of time. They text replies long after I have gone to sleep and I usually reply once I get up in the morning. Yesterday my middle sister asked us both to refrain from texting at 3, 4, 5 am as she has to sleep with her ringer on for emergencies and these text keep her from being able to sleep.

Okay, no problem, but I picked up on the fact that these would be my morning replied at 6 am or later, not my older sister's text as they live in the same time zone and she is definitely not up at those times but I was just like my bad, did not mean to bother you, will not happen again, which I thought was a reasonable reply.

Middle then starts texting me that I am not a bother and she did not realize that asking both (both in all caps) of us a favor would be a problem so I was like you can change your phone settings to not have that problem but okay, I am cool. Then she starts going off how I am being immature and it should not be an issue, blah blah blah.

I was just like whatever, thinking in my head that I just told her that I would refrain and there was also an easy fix to the problem of being disturbed by the wrong numbers at certain times. Then the oldest sister joins in texting about nobody is trying to hurt my feeling blah blah blah. I am like what the heck people, first we have been texting forever, second I already agreed and third I offered you a solution so I am cool on texting y'all, I am done with this conversation. Then they are like if you do not want to be sisters anymore blah blah blah so I quit replying.

I read over the text this morning and did not lose my temper until they both started patronizing me, which they have often done because my life is kind of crazy and they are kind of judgmental.

So that is that until I get an apology. No skin off my back, we have a 6 & 7 year age gap so I basically grew up without them anyway.

Off to do some things this morning, good day to you all.

Good Morning everyone.

Last night I watched yesterdays episode of Days instead of the final debate. I am counting the days until this verbal slugfest is over.

Our weather remains hot, full sun, few clouds and evening dusty winds. I had to dust off my wind chimes last evening. I love the soft sound of chimes early in the pre-dawn morning!

Take care and have a blessed day. It is so busy that I seldom have time noonish-afternoon to post but I read all your posts.

YPGL: stay strong!

Good morning everyone. I've been reading more about pest control for carpenter ants. I do like to research before tackling a project, being the scientist I am, lol. I looked on quite a few university entomology sites and extension service sites. One even said if you find a solution, patent it, lol. The most promising thing I found seems to be spreading diatomaceous earth around the house. These ants usually have a main colony in the woods and satellite colonies nearby. They transfer food and larva back and forth as the main nest gets larger. The diatomaceous earth they would have to walk through will dehydrate and kill them. Plus, this barrier is edible, in case I get hungry, lol!

Take care!

Morning all.

Yesterday I spent 2 hours out of my 8 hour day supporting clients. I am a support person. You call in, a ticket is made and someone (usually me) takes your ticket and answers your question. But yesterday I spent 5 hours in meetings. So I left fairly frustrated and the only person I tried to help I had to kick it to the Tech group because my understanding of MacBooks is extremely limited. But today is a new day and things will be better!!!!!

YPG, stay strong.

Noel, at least we aren't in Los Angeles where it will top 100 today. Yeah, I know, small victory for our side.

kt, interesting about the ants. We had them at our cabin. They honeycombed a load-bearing beam, over the course of a decade. It was a beautiful piece of art once we had it replaced. Sadly my dad burned it, instead of coating it with sealant and saving it.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Good Morning Everyone,

YPG- ugh family drama - good luck, it's tough.

Noel - I didn't watch the debate either. I was at choir practice for part of it and then we watched the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. :)

KT - wow that sounds like a brilliant way to get rid of the ants. Please share if it works.

Robin - I hope you have a great day today, with no meetings.

At our troop meeting tonight, we'll be celebrating Founders Day (the founder of Girl Scouts, Juliette Gordon Lowe, was born on Halloween). So we'll enjoy cupcakes, and we'll make bead bracelets, in remembrance of the pearl necklace Juliette sold to fund the very first Girl Scout Troop.

Have a wonderful day!!

Good morning. Robin, I hope today is better for you at work. Los Angeles over 100*? Yeah, things can always be worse.

YPG, I'm sorry about all the drama with your sisters. Family upsets are the worst!

Noel, I love wind chimes too. Haven't had any in decades. I rarely open windows or sit outside anymore anyway.

Kt, my niece is a big fan of diatomaceous earth. I don't know if she's used it for ants or not but I know she uses it for some pests. I hope it works for you. I have such an aversion to poisons, I almost won't use them at all.

Our high is to be 72* today. Big drop from the 90* it reached yesterday. Maybe it will help settle the wasps down. They've been swarming at the doors this week. We got 0.2" rain last night, with thunder and lightning and wind. The birdseed blew off the scaffolding so I put out a little more this morning. I saw three raccoons circling the yard just before sunup. I'm hoping they were just passing through but I doubt it.

Have a nice day, all.

A cooler day than yesterday. Since it was cloudy last night, in the 50s instead
of the 30s this morning. I'm glad since I had to walk Goldie early because I
went to school.

YPG, good luck with your sisters.

kt, sounds like you came up with your plan for the ants. I wouldn't spray the hole
where the ants. They might die inside the house.

robin, I hope your day is a better one.

manda, I hope the Girl scout meeting goes well.

OC, I hope the raccoons decided to move on.

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day.

Last edited:
YPG - sorry about the sister drama!

Noel - I hope your day slows down a bit!

KT - thanks for the research on the Diatomaceous Earth. I've never heard of it but will try anything to get rid of them. We have them outside around our redwood deck and have tried everything. They are huge!

RS - hope your day is better today!

Manda - Girl Scouts sound like fun tonight. You do such fun things.

OC - my, your weather really dropped! However, I would take your 72. :)

I hope you all have a great day.

Good afternoon everyone,

It's my day off, so I spent it walking the dog a bit before going to the gym. I do have a bit of homework I want to finish before How to Get Away with Murder comes on tonight. Beautiful day today--high of 76F, a nice breeze, partly cloudy.

I did watch the debate last night--more of the same old stuff.

Have a nice day, y'all.

Hi all, too hectic for me to relate all. Sorry for all the misunderstanding between you & your sisters, YPG. Somewhat of a turmoil between 3 of my kids. I guess e-mails, probably texting, too, just sometimes gives someone else the wrong "tone". I hear one side, then the other, can tell that is the case, but...everyone has their own take on things, I guess.

High today was 46. Sun out for just a bit this a.m., clouds moved in, overcast now, but no rain in forecast.

Had to get into town, finally got a new bath mat, as the old one was just coming apart for some reason. So...better than stepping on the bare floor. LOL. Really had to go looking around for various things, just hate when stores move things around. Yes, I know the why......but it is still annoying when you know what you want, where it is, and then, it isn't there. Takes up more time, which is what the stores want so you notice other things, but is frustrating when you don't have the time to squander.

Walked up and down 4 aisles of pet food just to find a pkg. of Purina Beggin strips for the doggies. Then did the same for men's work gloves. Grrrr. Hubby still not feeling well, in fact worse. I was going to make tacos for dinner, but instead am defrosting and having home made chicken soup.

I also checked the Raid Fumigator box instructions, and as I had remembered, it is at least 4 hours to be out of the house. We are hard pressed to put anything around the outside of the house because of our sons' dogs visiting, plus, the squirrels, birds, well, don't want to cause problems.

Gosh, I hate the idea of having to wear my winter jacket, but....hey, it is getting there, even if I did see some idiot guy in shorts today. LOL

Poirot, I'm sorry your husband is still not feeling well. Much as I love tacos, the chicken soup was no doubt a better option for him.

Kt, I had thought about how you must have to take extra care with pest control products because of Sparky. I hope the non-toxic product works.

Sounds like a lot of us found more interesting (or bearable) things than the debate to watch last night.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today was okay but I am not feeling 100% this evening. I had a headache for majority of the day, although the headache is going away now I still feel rather nauseous. I have been drinking ginger ale in hopes to curb this but it has not really helped. I think I might be overly tired as I have not been sleeping well the last couple of nights. I hope tonight will be different.

The weather has not been good either and that could be another reason why I feel under the weather. :sick: Right now it is raining and 42 F, an icky weather day here.

I hope that all of you have a terrific Thursday evening. Much happiness to each and everyone of you.

Back