10/24/16 - Donuts & a frosty morn

JS. you reminded me of how cold our church is...winter, summer, makes no difference. Even in summer, I wear a light blazer or something...(I can then take it off when I go out), but then the supermarkets are the same, and I usually go after church. Our choir members say how they freeze up there as the a/c blows directly on them. I have learned not to sit anywhere near them in church (they are in the floor)...but in winter, I think they must set the heat at 60. It is always chilly. LOL

Mandy, I sure hope those tenants leave peacefully, not causing a problem for you. They do have a couple weeks to find another place, so pray it all goes well.

Thanks Poirot, they've already had 35 days to find a new place (we originally asked them to leave on Sept 17th or 18th to be out for Oct 2nd), however I don't think they tried very hard. This time, there's an agreement on file with the court, with papers that will be available on Nov 8th for me to have them forcibly removed if I need to go that far. I really really hope we don't get that far. I suggested they try searching on Craigslist to find a place, with free internet access at the library (4 blocks from our house).

They also can try Social Services, which possibly knows of places to rent in cases like theirs??

Otherwise - motel? It really is not your problem, and I am thinking that if you soften, and let them "stay" an extra week or two, they just will never leave, and it would cost even more again to try and evict. Good luck, girl!

Noel, when I was growing up we made purses out of jeans.

manda, I hope your tenants leave when they are supposed to. Good luck.
I'm glad you had a fun weekend.

robin, I hope you got to play with your grandkids today.

rs, do you have to drive each day to the training or can you stay overnight
in a motel?

Hi DaysLady, how are things with you :)

Instead of telling you how my Monday went, I'm posting the link to my YouTube
site again so you can look at the videos.

I made the one with the side flowerbed last week after I finished mulching it. It's taken
a long time to get it to look nice. When I bought the house, the side bed wasn't finished.
When I started working on it, I found bags of dirt that never got touched. I had to throw
them away because weeds came up in them.

Anyway since I worked, I couldn't work in the side bed and for years the weeds
were over six feet tall except where the faucet is. The area with the flowers are I got
weeded and mulched last fall after I quit my job. I plant to plant more bulbs and
flowers before it gets cold.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xyK8q3e9rFDADCnWXmxBA/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Just now getting here. This morning was frustrating. Things didn't go as planned but it allowed me to go grocery shopping, which I hadn't done in a week and a half or so. I can't imagine what was going on, but the crowds at Wal-Mart were like the week of Christmas! I usually enjoy going there because our store is not crowded up in the middle of the day. Surely that many people didn't come pouring out on a Monday for Halloween?

Poirot, I am wary of driving these country roads this time of year too, with the deer on the move. I don't have your leaf problem but I was having trouble today with sun glare. At one point today, two cars ahead of me almost had me blinded. What I saw beside the road today were three dead hogs! That is a more common sight than deer that have been hit.

Kat, I see a lot of hard work in the mulch you put down but it will be worth it. You have done an amazing job around your house! I think I saw periwinkles. I used to plant them a long time ago. I love the pinwheels. Takes me back to memories of good times. I also like your happy pumpkin face and the friendly ghost, and of course the very busy butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

TOtherwise - motel? It really is not your problem, and I am thinking that if you soften, and let them "stay" an extra week or two, they just will never leave, and it would cost even more again to try and evict. Good luck, girl!
LOL Poirot. Now all I think of when I hear about motels is the experience you told us on Donuts yesterday!:sick::rotfl:

Kat - I'll be at the ritzy hotel for 2 nights.

I had to laugh when my vice president said it was too far to drive an hour each way for 3 days in a row. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I told her that would be easy for me since I've spent 4 to 6 hours round trip every work day to get to my schools this month. Plus I'd rather sleep in my own bed each night.

Things are fantastic, kat. Some exciting days ahead in the next few months for my family. I'm a little bit going crazy watching the countdown though. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, and ever since the day our first child was born, we have been planning a trip to Disney World.

We have been saving for years, and considering every detail. We have 2 kids now, 11 and 7 years old. And the countdown to Disney currently says "55 days to go"; 55!!!!!!!!! That's less than 2 months. My kids have NO CLUE. They won't find out until we arrive. (They think we are going to visit family and friends in Florida, and have no idea our surprise!)

Did I mention how excited and completely freaked out I am? It'll be over before I know it. I'm going to do everything in my power to cherish every single second of the best week ever.

How are things with you? I hope you are doing well. :)

Otherwise - motel? It really is not your problem, and I am thinking that if you soften, and let them "stay" an extra week or two, they just will never leave, and it would cost even more again to try and evict.

We have a few long-term motels they could rent. Although for all I care, they can rent of of those storage garages to live in for $50 a month. It really isn't my problem. I will not soften. If they are not gone I will get the writ from the judge and have them removed. I don't want to come across as cruel, but this is ridiculous.

DaysLady - oh, how fun a surprise trip to Disney World. I don't think I'd be able to keep all that excitement in.

Back