10/26/19 - Donuts & Dampness

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
Good morning. We had some rain during the night and it looks damp out there this morning. I think the plan is that we will have several dry days now. We'll see.
The neurologist I saw yesterday referred me for an EEG. She wonders if I am having seizures. Hmmm. I'm heading up to the local hospital this morning just to get some more lab work done. [Local clinic not open on the weekend.] I have an appointment with my primary provider at the local clinic on Monday and I am hoping the labs from today will be in her hands by the time we meet. I'm happy to be ruling out a number of possibilities, but sure do wish we could zero in on exactly what IS going on.
Visitors coming over the next several days. An ex coming tomorrow, and then my very good friend Lynne coming Tuesday for a few days. We will have SO MUCH to talk about and I always look forward to spending time with her.
Wishing you all a very good weekend.

Hi all. Work on a few things. Doing another plastic canvas box this time for my pastor. He said he would buy one from me if I made it black and with gold trim for this football team. (New Orleans Saints). I didn't think they made black or gold yarn. I also want to color some and finish the page m on too. The one thing I have a hard time coloring is houses/cabin because I never know what color to make them.

Lil0, thank you for reporting in with an update. I'd been wondering. It sure is frustrating to to to get to the bottom of medical issues sometimes. I imagine it has been physically and emotionally tiring for you so maybe your company will be a good distraction and best case, your good friend will be an encouragement for you.

Rk, I wouldn't know what color to make a cabin or a house either, but then I'm not good with crafts or decorating. It's good your pastor has nailed down the colors for you. It sounds like a fun project for you, and one he will appreciate. Enjoy!

I've spent the past two days hunkering down and doing nothing, while the dreary cold weather seemed all encompassing. Today is sunny and I'm still struggling to get up and do something. I'm already wanting to take a nap. I have an earache. Ibuprofen hasn't helped so far. It isn't excruciating but enough to make me want to crawl under the covers and hope it will go away. I think I'll go take a hot shower instead.

Good morning.......Amazingly, the sun is out another day. Ha. I have a few projects this a.m. Did a couple laundry loads yesterday, And try to clear off this desk AGAIN! lol.
So here is a tale, my younger son is up here, hunting. So he is headed out for one of the islands on the lake (yes, both deer and bear swim out to them, lol), forgot to put something in the boat, gets out, and the boat begins drifting off with the wind. So, despite the fact it was about 40°, since no other boats about.......he strips to his "birthday suit", wades in to chest high freezing water to retrieve it, bring it back! IDIOT! Yes, he is o.k. posts this on Facebook. At first I thought he was stranded or something. He was alone! Am still having a fit, happened yesterday.
Hmmm, I know there is black yarn...not sure about gold, but bright yellow???
As to coloring cabins.....you know, they usually are some shade of brown, tan. since they blend in with the forests. As to houses...I remember our house was brick half way up, then siding.....hubby painted it a pale yellow, with beige trim It really looked lovely. (ALL the houses on the block were brown with white trim. He had grown tired of it, lol - What was amazing is he is color blind, am thinking the guy at the paint store did the advising, tho hubby won't admit it.
Lil0.......how nice to be having company, especially an old dear friend (I miss mine). I do hope the docs are able to nail down what is causing your problems. And yes, the "ruling out" is tedious, time consuming, but necessary.

Guess what? It's raining. Hopefully, it will end by 4:00 today. I don't know if rained
last night, but at 5:45 AM Goldie and I went out since it wasn't raining. We only
got around 1 time since it started to sprinkle. Sun is suppose to be out tomorrow.
I hope so. Rain in forecast again on Tues.

I was glad I found parking space close to the door when I went out shopping this
morning.
The big library has an enclosed garage so you don't get wet there. I got
soaked at the small library when I left since it was raining harder.

Lil0, how long will it be before you can get an EGG? Enjoy your visitors this week.

rk, enjoy your time today working on the box and coloring.

Poirot, I'm glad your son was ok. It's good it wasn't colder outside.

OC, I hope you feel better soon.

Wishing everyone a relaxing afternoon and evening.

Good Saturday friends.

Here it is the usual total sunny sky [with streaks of dust], no wind, no clouds, but a nice temperature today [under 90F]. I will take it joyfully!

My tasks include laundry, some spot cleaning, and then some prepping for next week [meals, lunches, cookies, and Halloween]. I am still in a bit of a funk over the hospital changes but decided to compartmentalize and just not allow myself to think about that this weekend. Monday will come too soon anyway.

Lilo: so wonderful to have you post an update on your health status. I know it is a long procedure for an accurate diagnosis but that is essential for the proper medication and/or treatment to make one well. The EEG should be faxed to your primary physician early Monday morning if the fax is off on weekends. And yes, celebrate every possible diagnosis excluded because you know those systems are healthy now. Please enjoy every moment with your visitors -- especially your best friend Lynne -- because happiness also reduces blood pressure! And you deserve to treat yourself to some good hearty laughs while making some new memories.

RK: that is a lovely motivation to craft a new box for your Pastor. I have seen 'gold' -- somewhat mustard yellow colors of yarn before but don't know what is stocked in your local stores. As for coloring houses/cabins: I am one of those who always colored outside the lines with purple hair, green faces, etc. I never cared - and still don't -- what other people think of the colors I choose to decorate, wear, and color on anything. Poirot gave some insight on how the color yellow can brighten an otherwise dark wooded area.

OC: sure hope your ear heals, but it may be an infection or virus?? There is nothing wrong with taking a few days to just 'hunker down' and rest either. Hope your weather warms up a little if that brightens your day too. Maybe remembering hot the summer days were will make colder days enjoyable.

Poirot: oh, my your son is half f"and half courageous!"(,a saying if Hubs) As a mother every woman would be scared silly -- especially finding out after a post on Facebook. What Mom wants to learn after the world knows? So very glad he was safe!! Loved the idea of yuor cabin home being painted a lovely yellow against the dark trunks of a wooded area. Good luck with your chores -- they never end do they?

Kat: glad you & Goldie were able to walk a quick round this morning before the rain. Your area seems to get quite a lot of rain this time of year doesn't it? Fortunate you found a parking space close to the store entrance because being rain soaked is never a good feeling! Hope the remainder of your day is a good one and that you sleep wonderfully on your new mattress.

To all who follow: wishing you a great weekend!

Last edited:
Afternoon all..... up early this morning.... our bonsai friend who passed away recently had a reverse mortgage on her house.... the bank will be coming for the house next week.... so her Pastor who she left all of her bonsai materials too..... sent out an urgent plea for help to move her 400+ pots and 50 some odd trees out of the yard or the bank would be the owners... we couldn't get into the house to get the tools and wires she had for sale..... but maybe the Pastor will be able to work with the bank as it's not something that you can use in everyday but we can sell the items to make money for the club....My day with Step mom will be tomorrow..... yea!! yippee.....

Back