10/29/2021 - Donuts and Surgery Scheduled

It's an icky, dreary day here with clouds. The high today will be close to 50. It feels cooler
with the dampness.

I walked this morning. I only went around three times. I'm thinking about going out early
afternoon and rake leaves. This will depend how I feel like or if it rains.

No Sunday school lunch today. Tomorrow night will be our first Sunday school potluck since
the pandemic. Our last time was Feb 29 last year.

robin, prayers for a successful surgery and fast recovery.

I hope everyone has a good day and weekend.

Good afternoon. Still sunny and windy here but only gusting to 40 today, which is an improvement over 50 mph. It was 45* this morning, may reach 71*. I've been fighting migraines almost daily, for a while. I hope when this wind dies down it will alleviate some of that.

Robin, I'm sorry you have to go through the hip surgery but it seems hopeful you will be feeling a whole lot better, once that's healed. I'll be wishing the best for you and hoping it all goes smoothly. I was shocked at what small incisions they made to do my husband's replacements.

Kat, cloudy and damp is rather icky. Hope it clears up soon. Enjoy your potluck.

Kris, same to you on the cold and dreary.

65days, I guess Florida is the place to be right now! Enjoy!

I'm going to give in to a nap. I fought it all day yesterday and that didn't work so well.

Good afternoon everyone. Cold and rainy here. That's one heck of a huge rain system that's rotating counter clockwise over a great deal of the country. Looks like part of it will be over my area through Monday or Tuesday. We're already under flood warnings from all of the rain we've gotten this week.

robinsnest- saying extra prayers for your surgery. I'm glad they finally figured out what was causing your pain.

I'm too far south.... but just in case you have clear skies you Norther Tier states:
A large solar flare erupted Thursday and is set to reach Earth Saturday, which could result in a strong geomagnetic storm and cause the aurora borealis, or Northern Lights, to be visible across the US and Europe.
Capture1.jpg

OC when I worked for a Student Information Software Company we had a 3 week installation in Palmer, Alaska. One of the weekends the locals told us it would be a great weekend to see the lights. We all loaded into the SUV we had rented, there were 7 of us and we drove out of town to avoid light pollution..... as I don't drink, I got to drive home. It was a bust, everyone got cold and drunk. The next night 3 of us wanted to try again so we got in the smaller SUV and drove in a different direction out of town. We saw a perfect place to watch, an empty parking lot. So we made a right hand turn into the parking lot. Before I tell you more, two of the three of us were California girls and the other member of this party was a guy from St. Louis. WE turned into the parking lot getting caught up on the berm the snow plow created. We tried for an hour to unstick the car. Finally I ended up standing in the middle of the highway at 2 am flagging down cars for help. The only car that stopped told us to call a tow company. We had called the police who told us the same thing. We called a tow company and they guy wanted to know if we REALLY wanted to have him come tow the car out of the mess we were in. Ah, Yes that is preferable to freezing to death..... he said he'd come but for a large sum of money in cash, we had the cash if we pooled our funds. Oh yea, it was -23 and windy. While we waited for the tow truck the skies opened up and we had greens, reds, yellow bands, it was magical. We got home to the hotel, cold and tired but in total awe. If you have the ability to get to an area to see it is worth the trip. IT was magical.

Oh my goodness, Robin, I'm amazed at how many different kinds of jobs you've had, as well as your many adventures! It was awful to have to go through all that mess with the snow and the towing but after you were back to safety and warmth--and for the rest of your life, in memories--it was well worth it to get to see what you did!

Back