10-31-2016 - Donuts & Boo!

When we first moved into our neighborhood we would get over 200 kids. Now we get maybe 50! We live just over the freeway from the mall so most parents take their kids there now ,which is much safer. Last year we got a lot of older kids not dressed and really rude. Our neighbors had just brought their little boy over and these older kids come walking up, yelling obscenities and being rude. One kid says "hey you, want an elf?" and tosses this elf in the air.

Our neighbor said "hey that's ours, out of our yard!" The kid says "f you" and our neighbor (who is huge - 6'6", 300 lbs) grabs the kid, who drops the elf, and Joel lets him go. I was really nervous for what might happen after we went in. Luckily enough, they didn't come back. So we decided for now on we would stay out until 6 (when the younger ones come) and then take off and go some where. Sad that's how it has turned out.

Have a great day.

After buying what little candy I did, for half a dozen kids, I can't even wrap my mind around buying for 200 kids or even for 50, Shan. Sad what it has come to with the unruly kids though.

Wayne, great, fun picture! My husband's nephew got married in a kilt. Something for you to think about. :)

Muzz, :eek:. You scared me in a fun way!

Rocky, I can't believe how big your girls have gotten. Good picture!

Looks like a busy day for everyone. Have a safe and enjoyable evening, whether you stay home or go out!

Oh, I found out I had another cow out yesterday and fence torn down--three miles from the other episode. My niece's son-in-law noticed it when he was going home yesterday (he lives 90 miles away and was out to help her over the weekend) and he stopped to put the cow back and repaired the fence. Can you guess that I'm more than a little grateful?

Just home and so exhausted I have to keep moving so I stay awake. Prepping everyone, costumes ready, and off to church for Halloween festival.

Read your posts and love everyone's costumes, pictures and fun attitudes. Once home tonight, I will be going straight to bed. Hope your Halloween night is safe fun.

Back