10/6/23 - Donuts and Heavy Rain (Again)

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
Well, the forecast changed. We had very heavy rain this morning and into the afternoon. Right now, lighter rainfall. Tomorrow will be a nasty day, too. So much for the few days of sun we had.

Wishing all a great end of the week!

1696611698200.jpeg

Raining here as well, and a chilly 48° at noon. Brrrr.
Why do some trees have changed color completely , and dropped half their leaves, while others are just beginning to turn color? Weird. Yes, same kind of trees.
I am wearing short sleeved top, put on a very light sweater, but am gonna put on something warmer. Gosh, my hands are so cold, and I just shiver, tried some hot coffee, has not helped.
Glad the weekend is here. Hope you all enjoy it!

it was 83 here yesterday..... and 52 currently here.... and windy...... but then again Kansas is known for their wind..... we may get to freezing or close to it tonight... because of the wind too...

at work so this is short... more when I get home....

It was in the 50s this morning. It's going to be cooler tomorrow AM. It's sunny and in
the low 70s this afternoon.

I went out this morning and went to the gold place with more coins. I hope it's the last
of them. Next time, I'll be taking jewelry. I made a couple of more stops before coming
home. My neighbor is at school late today so I'll be taking Fenix out twice today.

Wilde Woman, I hope the streets won't flood like last week.

Poirot, I hope your hands warm up.

I hope everyone will have nice afternoon and fun weekend.

We got our heavy rains yesterday
Glad it cleared in time for the Gala that was fund raiser for Refuge for Women that helps victims of human trafficking
Tried to upload the picture of me at the Gala file was too large
Bummer I was dressed up. I showed my friends at the center they were i
mpressed
If someone knows how to change file size.....

Last edited:
rf, you might want to start a topic under "How do I" to figure out file size. More
people will see it and can help. And I'm sure doing it from a computer different
from a phone.

Here's link to the area to post a new topic https://www.salemspectator.com/forums/how-do-i.73/

Sexton, that's why I don't post pictures too. I bet you were stunning!

Kat, I'm glad your head is not still hurting. Wow, selling gold and coins! I've never done either. Sounds interesting.

Robin, I'm still thinking about you handling that boy with the meltdown. I wouldn't know what to do with him in today's world.

Poirot, our trees often turn colors and/or lose leaves at different times but here it usually is a matter of lack of moisture and excessive heat in late summer. This year was exceptionally bad. The best tree I have is a Chinese Pistachio. Some years it turns the most brilliant gold, it is breathtaking. But many years it's just blah. This year it started losing leaves about a month ago without any real change of color. Sadly, there are no reds around here. I think because of the alkaline soil.

Wilde Woman, OH NO, not more rain for you! Enjoy your weekend the best you can.

I think I already said I got 2.6" of rain night before last. We need about 3 or 4 rains like that in a row to make up for the deficit we've had over the past two years. This is what the weatherman said. I believe him because it doesn't look like the level in my tank (pond) came up much, if any. There are no puddles standing either. But the grass should grow some. I'm going to need the mower to come at least one more time. I think he's only had to come once this whole year.

I've had a lot going on. After that rain I discovered I must have a leak in the roof of my sunroom. The next morning there was a big wet stain on a bed out there. Did I tell that already? No idea how I'm going to get that fixed.
The other thing, my whole house a/c unit went out two days ago. The repairman came. The outside unit has to be replaced. I shouldn't have been shocked, since it is almost 24 years old, but this is a huge expense. They will get it next Wednesday and try to get out here to install it on Thursday. I'm thankful to have the mini split in the sunroom. I moved my sleeping out there. The rest of the house gets uncomfortably warm but how glad I am that it didn't happen when we were running 110* day after day!
Also I've been trying to catch up on laundry, bedding, etc.. I've called the plumber three times to come and fix where the washing machine drain backs water up into the a/c condensate pipe, causing water to run out in the central air cabinet. Only a small bowl fits under the leak so when I do a wash I have to watch for when it drains and stand in the kitchen and make sure I catch all the water that comes out in the a/c cabinet. At least I'm not sitting here getting bored!

Back