10-7-2016 - Donuts & OJ

Noel

Reaction score
Happy Friday my friends. Our weather for the next. 15 days is posted to be 97-99F with full sun. This is a mean Halloween trick for those of us waiting for Autumn.

Thanks for all your prayers and positive wishes for my health. The last round of antibacterial and antibiotic medications is finished and I am feeling so much better. This morning I am treating myself to some OJ because my stomach is quiet and pain free!

Wishing each of you a wonderful Friday. I apologize for being so far behind on your posts. My plan is to catch up this weekend. In the mean time I am thinking of all the foods I have missed and plan to treat myself this weekend!

Good early morning. I woke up at 3:30 to thunderstorms and a cool front. Noel, I wish I could share it with you. It is time for your steady hot temperatures to fade! I am so happy to see you are finally feeling better. A healthy appetite is a good sign. I hope you enjoy some tasty food without any ill effects today. While you are catching up on posts, I will be catching up on watching Days. I've been so busy this week I haven't had time to watch. Busy during the day, falling asleep in the evening, thanks to allergy pills, which were necessary in order for me to spend time outside in the wind among oceans of ragweeds, broomweeds, and just about any other kind of weed you can name.

I just turned the tv on with it muted. I see that poor news fellow is still standing out there in the wet wind in Florida. I see there are many without electricity but I think I will wait until later to get more details. I'm going to get back in bed and see if I can sleep any more before daylight.

Morning all.

A wet morning here. I kept watching the radar and there was break. So Goldie and I
went out before breakfast at 6
. I took the flashlight and umbrella. The umbrella
wasn't needed since it didn't rain. I guess we could have waited. I don't think it's going
to rain until after 8 now. The storms are out of the forecast since the temperatures
are dropping since last night.

One of the neighbors in the subdivision put out more Halloween decorations since yesterday.
One is a large inflatable cat. The head moves and eyes glow. Goldie kept looking at
it. The second time around she jumped. I tried to take her over, but she decided
she didn't want to get that close.

Prayers continue for everyone in the path of Matthew.

I hope everyone has a good Friday.

Good morning all. Rained like mad here during the night.....Lost TV for just a bit. Says we have almost an inch so far. Rained during night. My son & dogs are here, one is shedding like mad, ugh. lol. Son left his car windows open, did not realize it was going to rain. So, his heavier jackets & shirts (which he had not yet taken out) were all wet, & are currently in the dryer.

Kat, is Goldie on a leash? Am guessing so, good thing, Some of those Halloween yard decorations are really scary, plus some folks really put up huge displays, so can imagine how something "new" appearing would not set well with pets, or even scare them.

Morning Everyone,

Cooler and very windy this morning.

Gena has a sock hop at school tonight, so she and I will be attending. My head hurts just thinking about the loud music, but she's very excited so I will go and deal with the loudness. :)

We had a Girl Scout meeting last night. The girls worked towards their Courageous and Strong badges. So I had them all reach into bowls of mystery items and try to figure out what was in the bowl. I had fun trying to make it spooky (for Halloween). We had peeled grape "eye balls", wet gummy "worms", candy corn "teeth", and slimy rotini noodle "guts". They had a blast and did a great job and all got apples slices and caramel dip for a treat after.

Noel - so glad to hear you're all better.

Poirot & Kat - stay dry out there

OC - fall is the worst for allergies, I feel for you, mine have been miserable too lately.

Happy Friday!

Morning all.

I have a house guest coming this week. The bonsai club is having a workshop weekend and the couple who NORMALLY host the Sensei are out of town. They went to Albuquerque to attend the balloon festival. So we are having her stay will us. It's a whirlwind of cleaning, because remember, I said I wouldn't dust till October. Well, I didn't and now I have to.

And I have to get all the stuff put away from last weekend, the pictures, and work my normal work day. But it will be a great workshop so I'm really excited. I'll post pictures of my in progress and finished project if possible.

Noel - so good to see you on the board. Take it slow and get better.

We had the moon all night. And we should have sun all day today, and it should repeat again tomorrow.

Prayers for all in the path of Matthew. Sorry that the hurricane isn't like this meme:

huricane Matthew.JPG

Good morning, all. Just a quick pop in. I guess I have to bring in the water hoses and shut the water off for the winter today cause we are getting some of the S word at the moment. It won't stick but really???? I'm not ready for that yet.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good afternoon to all. The weather here is beautiful and calm has returned to the inside of the house after visits by painters and then by floor refinishers. The aging wall-to-wall carpet from the living room and upstairs hall is gone and the oak floors have been restored to their former glory. It's also a day of slowly recovering from the sudden exit of my beloved Mets from the baseball play-offs. In a recent episode, Chloe expressed her distaste for the poor Mets because they beat the Cubs in the playoffs last year. Now that she's fled to this area, she'd better keep her mouth shut (quite a trick for a Salemite) or find a bar that caters to Yankee fans.

Last edited:
Yes, Goldie is on leash. When I can, I'll video the yard with the cat.

I finally finished the non fiction books at the school library. All of them should
have a picture of their cover in the system now. I finished dusting area too. Next
week, I'll be working on the fiction books. The librarian was sick for two days
and the first thing I did this morning was find fairy tale books for the kindergarten
teachers. They teachers wanted different versions of stories.That was fun to do.

manda, enjoy the sock hop.

OC and Noel, I hope you're catching up on your sleep.

Well, Ava caught the same tummy bug than Annabelle had. She's been out of school all week with it and not really feeling much better. She's at the point she needs to eat but nothing sounds good and everything tastes weird and makes her stomach hurt. So we've been running to the dollar store for lots of different foods to try to get her to eat. She was dehydrated, so I took her to the doctor Tuesday. Basically after the doctor insisted on a urine sample and we got her to drink enough water to get her to go, she started throwing up her fluids. So to the ER we went. We basically just bought the most expensive cup of 7-Up we'll ever buy. We were not better off by the end of Tuesday than we were before the doctor's visit. It's been a long week. I'm hoping the weekend will be better.

Noel - so good to hear food sounds good. Here's hoping you get to eat this weekend.

OC - good luck with the nap. Hopefully your allergies will be better with the rain!

Kat - I bet Goldie was really surprised by the big cat. I've seen those and they are large!

Manda - the Girl Scout project sounds like fun! Good luck at the dance tonight.

Robinest - good luck with the cleaning. I love your Hurricane Matthew!

Muzzaman - the "S" word, no way! I feel so sorry for you

We have been watching the hurricane coverage and have seen a lot of damage, which is so sad. Cocoa Beach where we spent this last May is totaled! So sad. I just hope all the people got out while the getting was good.

Hello everyone. It's been a lovely day here, in contrast to other areas. I've had clear blue skies and a nice breeze. It should be good for meteor watching tonight, if it turns out to be a good show.

I had to pick up some dog food for my mother. She forgot to get some when she went to the store. I also took Baxter a nice, comfy pillow I'd bought for Remmy several months ago. Remmy wouldn't use it; wouldn't have anything to do with it, lol. She prefers her old, tattered blankie. Baxter was bouncing around on it like a trampoline, lol.

Take care and stay safe folks.

Good evening everyone,

We had clear skies and 76F today! Beautiful! I had a Spanish quiz this morning; I think it went pretty well. Afterwords, work. I'm a bit nervous at my job--I've made a few mistakes at the register (most weren't that big and they say "everyone makes mistakes", but I have high anxiety about it). I'm not going to quit, but I do hope I don't get fired.

So sad about the hurricane. I went to Cocoa Beach in December 2010 and thought it was a lovely place. Prayers for all affected.

Hope everyone has a nice night.

Back