11/10/23 - Donuts and friends

Jammers

Reaction score
Good morning Spectator family.

Just popping on here to say hi to everyone. Deb’s (Tropical Breeze) passing caught me by surprise even though I knew she had been fighting. You don’t realize how much of an impact this page makes on your life until you are tearing up over someone passing that you have never actually met. True friendships are made here. I miss my spectator family. Am going to try and pop in here more often.

Quick update. Piper is now 4! I have a grandson (from my younger daughter) named TJ that is 10 months. Still no proposal for either of my girls…love their guys but am still hoping someone pops the question soon. Husband is medically retired and hating it. I am still working and wishing I could be retired, lol.

Morning all we're still having fall temperatures and enjoying not putting dog boots on our dog for his walks yet.

I was supposed to becaway for work this week but cancelled due to being sick. Both Mike and I tested positive for Covid for the first time. It has knocked me on my backside hard but starting to see the fog lift outta my head. I haven't worked this week and glad I'm on holidays next week to recover from this, as I'm in Vancouver the 18th to 24th.

I usually go to the Remembrance Day ceremonies at Memorial Park every year to pin my poppy to a wreath but I'm going to have to forego it this year. For those wondering, we wear a poppy in the days leading up to Remembrance Day as a symbol of respect and Remembrance for all who have sacrificed in conflict. What I like about it is while remembering our own country's sacrifices and contributions made, the ceremony acknowledges sacrifices made from other nations.

Have a good Friday evrryone.

Jammers thanks for popping in..... hope you are able to make it a habit.
late last night HB received a message from his daughter, she and his grandson had returned home after a rehearsal and let the dogs out. One of their 4 dogs had been sick, the dogs charged out, only 3 returned the other one had died out in the yard..... this was a young dog, she wasn't terribly fond of Vinnie but tolerated him if he'd allow her the ball every now and then.... So many questions... She will be calling her Vet today she didn't feel like she needed to be disturbed at 11pm.....

Muzz I hope you and Mike take time and recover without lingering after effects..... I'm trying to convince a small independent minded dog that boots are a good thing.... before the snow and ice arrive.... but it's a hard sale....

It's Friday..... I hope the day goes well for everyone....

It's sunny today. It was in the 40s when I walked this morning.

Today I was going to try again to get a Covid shot. The pharmacy by me is out
and I'm not driving around to get one. Maybe I can get one at Walgreens on
the way home from shopping if the wait isn't long.

No outside time for me today. I'll work on cleaning.

Jammers, thanks for popping in today.

Muzz, I hope you and Mike feel better soon. The US uses poppies for war vets too.

robin, sorry to hear about the dog. I hope they can find out why so the other dogs won't get sick.

I hope everyone will try to have a joyful day.

Raining for a change, 52 grey degrees. But since it is Friday, my mood is better, and it's fine.

Jammers - Welcome back, we missed you! What you said about this board's family is so true. It's not just about the show, it's about connections all around the world. Thank you for your updates and congrats on all the good stuff. One day you will have the freedom to hang with your hubby, and he won't dislike retirement anymore!

Muzzaman - Wishing you and Mike a speedy recovery.

Robin - So sorry about HB's daughter's dog. She must have had an underlying medical condition.

Kat - Good luck getting the Covid shot.

Wishing all a wonderful Friday!

1699637135725.jpeg

OMG. The "crew" just showed up to help my son-in-law move the decking material up to the roof of the garden shed. Two adult males, 4 boys -- including an exchange student from Spain, and 1 little girl about 4 years old. The boys looked to be about 5th or 6th graders. The little girl came into the house to visit with me and Falcon while the guys did the heavy lifting.
I will have to find out later where he found this crew!!!
:hug:

Lil0, did you take pictures of the crew? I hope we can see the end result. Is the deck going to be off
your house or by the shed?

Sorry, I didn't get pictures of them. It all happened so fast, and I was busy being host to a very active, adorable little girl. I will definitely get pictures of the project though. The shed is attached to the end of my house. The roof is a flat roof that will become the deck for the tiny studio apartment that I will create in my attic. The steps will go up to the roof/deck, and entry to the studio will be from that deck.

Lil0, you're making a lot of improvements. Do you know who's going to live in the apartment? This way,
they won't bother you going in and out.

Good afternoon everyone. This was a medical day for me. I only received 1 injection, but was sent to a different part of the building for tests. Plus I'm scheduled for more fasting bloodwork.

I need to go to the Legion tonight to work bar bingo. Can't wait for high school football to be over so the regular workers return. All of their grandsons play on their school teams, and all of the schools are in the playoffs.

Thank you, Jammers, for coming up with Deb's Spectator user name last night. As you said, this really hit hard. She was just told in the beginning of August that she was cancer free. It must've come back suddenly after that. She hadn't posted on Facebook since September 8th.

Lil0, your shed and deck are now progressing nicely.

Well, took Boomer to thr groomer today fo a bath and to get the hair trimmed around his eyes. With his eye issues, the hair irritates them.
It's rainy and Chilly today. I may have to run the electric heater tonight. Ha e to remember to turn off the AC so it doesn't compete with the heater again and trip the breaker

Old Cowgirl basically just the hair around his eyes and muzzle and bottom--poop gets stuck on the hair

Chilly all day....ran the electric heater for a bit......warmed up the trailer at bedtime had to turn electric blanket down

Boomer's heated beds one my bed. He left the his bed and is at the foot of thebed

Back