11-11-2016 - Donuts & Veterans Day

Newt - your story brought tears to my eyes. Your husband was a true hero and I thank you for his service. Congrats on your solid marriage for 60 years. Bless you on this day we honor those who serve to defend and protect us.

KT/Kat - Thanks for the star viewing primer.

YPG, thank you for your service!

I loved reading all of the heart warming stories. I have often wished I had asked my dad more about his time in the Navy during WWII. He didn't talk about it much. Maybe it was because nobody asked him.

IamRed, congratulations on getting your pictures. I hope they turned out to your liking.

Did you find it? I found a game. I need to go back and see if I can find the correct app.

Reactions: YPG
Kat I did not find it in Amazon apps. There is SkyEye but it sounds too advanced for me. My schedule is full today so Monday another search is required. Hope you find a good one.

@OC....I don't think your dad was any different than many of the men returning from the war. They did not talk about it, wanted to put it behind them, go on with their lives, get back to "normal" - get a job, marry their sweethearts, raise a family, etc. I know that most of the men in my far flung family were the same as your dad.

Back