11/14/21 - Donuts & Snow!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, yes, it came and it has not quit yet. Last night, the ground & trees were snow covered......Thought it over. Nope, was so dark this a.m. could not tell that it was STILL snowing. And the daylight finally broke thru (was up very early) and yep.......lookin' like a Christmas card out there. Those huge pines are all flocked, looking so pretty, bushes and shrubs all shrouded in white, the pampas grass huddled down under a mound of snow.......
It looks like someone made a quick pass down the street in front with the plow, but it is coming down so much....no idea about the main highways. Needless to say, I think I will be attending church on TV....Brrrrr.

Finally stopped, so next will be the sun trying to come out, and probably snow chunks dropping off the tree branches. Hoping you all have a lovely, restful day. NO work, (says the person thinking of doing laundry. Not looking forward to the winter boots...and yes, I have pulled them out of their corner hiding place. LOL

It's sunny this morning, but it will be cloudy later.

I vacuumed this morning. I'll be raking this afternoon.

Poirot, I hope you won't have to go out in the bad weather.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening.

Oh Poirot - that doesn’t sound fun at all. Snow can be pretty to look at but I’m not a fan of it long term. Stay warm.

It’s 61 here today, with a small chance of rain later - but I don’t think I’ll be seeing any of it.

Not much going on here today, mostly the usual weekend chores.

Heavy snow falling here, too. We're to get 1 to 2inches of accumulation today. I had a few bags of groceries to donate to a food drive today, but not going out. The roads are already bad here. Can't figure out why this food drive was for only 2 hours. Maybe I'm better off taking everything to one ( Fill the Truck) at a car dealership that runs all week.

Haven't done much so far. Made dinner, and watching my Steelers football. Not much hope for today even though playing the last place Detroit Lions with our quarterback out with COVID.

Last edited:
Not looking forward to the winter boots
but they don't wear winter boots in Salem...... they wear these cute little spike heal bootlets......

NO snow here, no rain, no clouds.... just sun....... the hope is the cold front due later in the week will remove all chances of 90° days for the year..... Friday it's supposed to be in the low 70's or parka weather....... LOL

My son's dog Theo has gone to sleep away camp for the next 3 weeks...... he is growing so big that it is a good idea that they get help training him so he isn't some huge goofy dog with no manners..... as opposed to my small goofy dog with know manners.....

Peaceful Sunday to all....

Hello. Sorry for those of you with cold, snowy weather, except for those of you who like it. It was another nice day here, sunny and 40s* low to upper 60s* high. A bit breezy but not bad. Robin, I know what you mean about parkas at 70*. That's only a slight exaggeration for me.

I slept for 7 hours last night, then after lunch today I slept hard for over 2 1/2 hours. Didn't get up until 4:30. I'm still groggy. Will probably start waking up around bedtime. I had an extra busy week and was worn out. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I'd just forget about day and night and instead, go to sleep any time I feel like it. I don't think it would be good but I'm tempted to try it. I guess that's sort of what I did today.

Back