11/23/20 - Donuts and fog

Poirot - he'd find my Instagram page dreadfully dull, I have maybe 5 pictures, 1 of my cat, 2 of the Girl Scout troop (both from a distance and you can't see anyone's face), 2 of a painted rock I found, and 1 of myself as part of a fundraiser for Feeding America. I'm mainly on there so I can monitor Gena's posts.

Robin - Vinnie is soooo stinkin cute

hi everyone....got a call this a.m., hubby is not doing well, doctor said looking for a nursing home is definitely on the back burner. He is changing meds for the pneumonia.

Did some laundry, gathered together the medical items recently purchased as whatever happens, they said, he would not be able to return home. Right now, in garage. Barely used. Got bathrooms cleaned. Was supposed to snow, but tho gloomy and overcast today, did not, tho around 2, it rained some. Heck, maybe it was snow that quickly melted as was 36°.

Love the pic of Vinnie.

Got annoyed with Direct TV, as they will be raising rates again in Jan. so, got an offer from Dish......decided to switch. My son used to install them as part of the electronic wonders the company did (door alarms, motion detectors, etc. etc. ) so he is arranging it. Hey, they are giving me a $300 paid Master card, LOLOL......

Good deal on the Master Card, Poirot! I hope Dish works out better for you. Thank you for the update on your husband's condition. I hope there will be some improvement in the pneumonia with the new meds.

Wind was blowing out of the southeast all day, switched to the north tonight. Cloudy, with the moon peeking through once in a while. With the clouds and wind, it looks like a spooky Halloween night. It's 68* right now (got to 82* today) and will drop to 41* later tonight.

Oh, my gosh, Nanahl, God bless you, so much going on at once in your family. And you are the "go to" for all!!

The Dish tech will be here Saturday, & I guess the minute he leaves, I call Direct to cancel. And guess what? I will be getting a "Hopper", which is the DVR recorder, so I finally will be able to record shows I miss. (hate when there are just 2 things I want to watch, both at same time. LOL)

Our church also has a mask mandate, and distancing.....tho I still stay away. They closed it completely for several months, then went to the partial fill. Services are broadcast on radio, but 6 a.m. is just not a good time for most folks.

Poirot ~ I predict that as soon as you cancel the Direct service they will offer you a 'GREAT DEAL'. They bugged me for quite a while after I canceled. I vowed I would NEVER go back to them if they couldn't treat their long term loyal customers better than that. [New customers get the best deal.]
Holding you and your hubby in my heart.

Poirot, let me know how you like the Hopper. I don't know how many times I've been round and round with Dish over that. For the past several years, every time I've had to have them do anything, they have come at me from every angle to try to get me to get it but I haven't wanted it. I hardly watch any movies, and my old receiver already will record two channels at the same time but if it ever goes out and can't be fixed, I'll have to get the Hopper because they no longer provide new ones without it, if you want to record at all. When I got the hookup out in my guest house I got one that doesn't record because my only other option was the Hopper. I'm so happy for you to finally be able to record!

That's how I keep my mum's DirecTv bill low. Whenever her rates go up, I call (pretending to be her) and say I'm canceling my service. Suddenly they're willing to play ball for a better rate.
My son did that for a while, and it worked.......but then, finally, after several times, it just did not. He switched at that point. I have been with Direct for 25 years, and yep, they give the goodies, and freebies to new customers, ignore the loyals.

Back