11/26/23 - Donuts and wind

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's cloudy and in the 30s this morning. The wind is 14 mph and it feels like low 20s outside.
I took my walk later than usual. I had leggings under my jeans and wore my ski mask.

Today I'm making potatoes to go with turkey leftovers. I'll freeze two or three meals of turkey
dinners today. Tomorrow I'll be making another dish with turkey meat to freeze.

Great seeing Poirot on the board this morning.

I hope everyone is resting for the work week tomorrow.

Good morning.... beautiful blue sky today..... it was 19° when I first took Vinnie out to potty today.... after he did his business, I could tell he wasn't happy. changed slippers and into the garage for the shovel, I cleared a 3x3 patch of snow for him and ah relief...... Vinnie did zoomies in the backyard which is impressive considering he avoided the snow...... The local zoo is closed today... too much snow! Now, I know it's a bit much for me, but the zoo is closed because of the snow.... 8 inches in most areas..... kinda impressive....

Poirot rest and take care of yourself.....

Heard from my sister this morning....she's been feeling crummy since her kids left..... they called her to let her know they tested positive for COVID, so she tested.... yep she's positive too.... now she's working on finding someone to take care of her mother in law as her MIL has 3 doctors appointments this week and she can't take her..... not to mention she was also exposed to the kids and could have COVID too..... Guess the oldest son is going to have to step up.....

Good Sunday to all.....

Poirot, I haven't been elsewhere on this board but I just now saw your post on Facebook and had to come here and tell you how relieved and thankful I am to know you are at home and doing better. My heart soared when I saw how your son had been with you and taken care of your needs. I so hope you will soon be completely healed. God bless!

Robin, all that snow must be a shock for Vinnie. It will take some getting used to for both of you. I'm sorry to hear about the Covid making it's way through your sister's family. It seems it's going to keep spreading its nastiness throughout our society indefinitely, regardless of what anybody does.

Kat, I haven't been on my computer or tv enough this past week to even keep up with weather reports or anything else but your weather sounds like what it's been doing here. The wind has been so cold (part of yesterday and all day today) I can't bear being outside. Have had to bundle up and zip in and out as quick as I could today. Enjoy all your turkey dinners. Good idea to make them up for later.

Youngest son and his family were here all week with their home on wheels. The kids stayed in my house with me most of the time. I loved having them, and since the parents rarely ever get a break, it was nice for them to have a bit of quiet time, even though son was working most of the time except for Thursday. They left shortly after noon today.

Daughter, my firstborn, came alone on Friday and left today shortly before noon. Her two kids are grown and had to work, and her husband had to take care of some things at home. She spent a considerable amount of her time here grading papers, and still had a lot more to do when she got home.

Oldest son and family came on Friday and left yesterday. His two girls play well with my younger son's two younger boys so they had a good time, inside and out, while the weather was still pretty.

Things are eerily quiet and still here now. The entire house looks like some giant picked it up and shook it briskly and set it back down. It will probably take me at least a week to get all the bedding washed. But I've made a good start on it, thanks in part to youngest son's family. My niece and I had planned to take my work truck to the Ford dealer this afternoon and leave it for repairs (rather than getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to take it). So since son's family was passing through that town on their way to their next stop they agreed to drop it off. They looked like a caravan pulling out of here with daughter-in-law pulling the big camper, son driving their car, and 18 yr. old grandson following with my truck.

All the commotion last week was intensified by the fact we were in the middle of moving cows and getting them in place for the cowboy to come and work them, which he did on Friday. But the young boys enjoyed riding along and watching, while the older boy helped with driving, opening gates, etc. It was a good week.

OC, I'm glad your family was able to help with taking your truck to the repair shop. One less trip for you and your niece.
Get some rest after your busy week.

robin, I hope your family gets well soon after Covid. It would be interesting to know how bad it is since it's not longer reported
like a couple of years ago. I hope the snow melts soon.

Back