11/29/21 - Donuts and sunshine

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another sunny day. It's nice seeing the sun during this time of year, but my area needs rain. We haven't gotten
the fall rain we usually get.

Since it's a cool morning, Im walking after 10. Then I'll take care of the neighbor's dog before lunch. It was nice
not having to take care of him all last week. Hopefully, I can cut down the dead flowers before the trash truck.
If not, I can cut them down later.

I hope everyone has a sparkly day.

sparkle-leave-a-sparkle-wherever-you-go.gif

Good morning.....I was coming to start this....only I would be saying Donuts & snow.......lol. Yep, 6 a.m. dry streets......7:30 , getting light and there is very light snow on sidewalks, street, driveway. Doesn't show on grass. No idea if still snowing, as not light enough to tell.
Yesterday, was watching Hallmark, and in the lst movie (gal with amnesia trying to find out who she is) the couple sees a lost dog, has a collar, which leads them hopefully to his home. And who opens the door but Alison Sweeney! LOL. She thanks them, gives them a reward, box of cookies (or donuts) she makes in her bakery. (She has done a series of Hannah Swenson mysteries on Hallmark, in which she owns a bakery). Not even a 2 minute scene. LOL. At end, a 5 second glimpse of her & the dog.
The following movie, another amnesiac is in the hospital, and her doc.......Jackee Harry. A much different Jackee than we are used to seeing. Very calm, quiet. good at advice giving. (that was 2019 movie)
Well, tis a bit lighter now, & is still lightly snowing. A bit windy as well. Yuk.

Morning..... the BEAST if full of himself this morning..... oy..... we watched the Lady Gaga/Tony Bennett special last night. Gaga's costume changes were interesting..... I saw her years ago, back stage wasn't able to get close to her even with my back stage pass. Don't hold it against her.
PT today and then trip to Costco to get batteries and my glasses adjusted. exciting......
80° here today...... only 10° above normal........

Happy Monday....

Good morning everyone. We've received snow, snow, and more snow since Saturday early evening. There were a few power outages, and a heck of a lot of accidents. I swear people have forgotten how to drive in the white stuff since last April.

I've been crazy busy since I walked in the door at work at 6:50 this morning. My immediate boss is still out, and now being tested for COVID. Going back through my planner, I've only seen her in person 7 days since the middle of August. However, her dang phone calls drive me crazy. What should've been a short simple phone call this morning ended up being over 45 minutes long. She even called last week while I was off asking if I'd give up 1 of my vacation days Christmas week to cover the phones while the receptionist is off. Um...NO! That means I'd lose the day if I don't take it off.

Shoot...now being called in for a 4th meeting since 7:00. Why can't they leave me alone so I can eat lunch and read here?!?!?!

Had to go out, drop off something, and then over to WalMart. Gotta say, did not see ANYTHING that was a "CYBER MONDAY" sale item. LOL. Yep, everything I saw was just regular pricing. I purposely stayed away from crowds over the weekend. Guess I missed out. (Tho news says Black Friday was not the $$$$ they were hoping for. Nor their efforts to extend it over Sat. Sun. Snow stopped, and that dusting melted, making streets & parking rather icy. So happy I wore snow boots, and guarantee you, walked slowly & carefully.
Sounds like Squirrelly got the snow we were supposed to get over the weekend. Remember I wondered where it went....now I know!

Good morning.
Poirot, I was going to comment on that bit part played by Alison Sweeney too. That was a surprise. I noticed that she was listed in the credits and kept wondering when she was going to show up. LOL
Sunshine here today so I will try to get a couple of outside chores taken care of.
Wishing all a good day.

Last edited:
It's 70 degrees and sunny outside. I should be outside mowing but I just can't get up the energy to do it. Just finished decorating and now have to put everything else away. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. I love it when it's done, but very tired. I have choir and chimes tonight. I enjoy it usually but just so tired. All gifts (except one that won't get here until February!) are wrapped and put away. I'm ready for Christmas but my body isn't. I just had a minute to check in but not it's "back to the grindstone!"

Good afternoon/evening. I finally went outside, after staying in for a couple of days. Carried off food scraps. Refrigerator was packed with junk. Went to mailbox. Made a few trips out to the guest house. Found more laundry out there but it will have to wait. I'm still puttering slowly in the house, mostly with laundry.

I don't often watch Hallmark movies (or any other movies, for that matter) but last week a couple of the grandkids wanted to watch something. Their family doesn't have regular tv and they only watch things selectively, by other means. So I found a Hallmark movie about a fireman and a cat. I watched some of it with them, then they watched the one that followed, about kittens.

Robin, I almost caught you today. It got to at least 78* here, last time I looked. Beautiful sunny day, nothing like last week. Supposed to continue for a few days.

I've seen the fireman & cAT one, which I really liked. The kittens one is new this season, have not seen it yet....

Good to hear from ya, Mandy...Figured ins. comp. must be busy, as I sure have not heard from the ones I have been waiting to hear from. LOL

Hey, Hallmark has a fav movie of mine on tonight , 7 p.m. central.....with Fonzie! LOL. Called The Most Wonderful time of the Year... Probably have seen it 3 or 4 times now. There is also A Country Christmas on, plus Christmas Duet (about a country singer). Greg Vaughan is in one of them.

Gotta say, did not see ANYTHING that was a "CYBER MONDAY" sale item. LOL. Yep, everything I saw was just regular pricing.

Cyber Monday is just that...online only sales. The lower prices aren't in the stores.

Yep, I got the snow. With what is coming tonight, it'll be about 10 inches of the white stuff since Saturday morning. A lot of it evaporated when the sun came out yesterday.

rs, I'm glad you got snow. Good for you putting your foot down when they wanted you to
work on your vacation day.

robin, I hope you get a cool down soon.

OC, the movie you're thinking of is "The Nine Lives of Christmas". It's from 2014. I found at my
library and will check out one day. I don't have Hallmark channel, but I can check out the movies
after they get on DVD.

manda, I hope you're feeling better.

As far as cool downs go not in the 7 day forecast... 80's all week.

Answering another question... sadly not yet sleeping in a bed.... PT told me today that I can't abandon the pink monster yet...... maybe the 15th of this month when I get an x-ray and see the doctor again.... provided I can find him.... the office moves Thursday and When I asked where the new office is no one knows and the signs weren't up as of Friday of last week. I'll make sure to drive through the new location this coming Friday to see if I can find them. They are moving to a very UPSCALE Hoity Toity location.... so fingers crossed.....

Back