11/30/2020 - Donuts and It's Dark Out

Thanks for starting the thread, Robin. I hope your first day back to work goes well. Is your knee okay now?

I'm hoping to go to town to take care of an errand today. Kinda waiting to see if my niece wants to go with me or if she'll go separately. She always has to pick up feed for her various animals, which makes it complicated for us to go together because of vehicles and timing. But it is nice to have some company on the 80 mile (round trip) drive.

It's 28* this morning but sunny, so will get up to 52* later. Still too much of a north breeze for my comfort.

It's sunny and in the 20s still this morning. I'm going to walk between 9:30
and 10. I washed clothes and did vacuuming this morning. The slow
cooker is on with the spaghetti sauce, turkey meat and pasta. I'll be
freezing it when it's done.

robin, I got up when you did. I hope your first day back goes well.

OC, I hope you're able to get to town today.

Wishing everyone a quiet day.

Good morning everyone. Cold with monsoon rain today. It'll be turning to snow tonight.

The local weather gurus are calling for 5 to 7 inches of snow during the day Tuesday. We've already been put in a code red weather alert. People are being told to stay home tomorrow since the roads will be treacherous. Getting as much of my monthly state reporting / billing done today in case I can't get out of my driveway.

robinsnest - Have a good first day back. Hopefully you won't have to deal with any irate parents.

OC - I can't even think about an 80 mile round trip to run errands. I drive much more than that for some of my schools, but at least it is on work time with the agency providing the vehicle.

kat - You've sure been busy this morning. I bet your house smells good with your yummy food cooking.

Up at 6, but up a few times during the night, too. 24° here, grey, overcast, tho the forecast is for sunny! But now after 9 and so far, no sign of it. Flurried a bit yesterday, not much. Doesn't seem to be as windy. Have a couple errands also, but fortunately, town is now very close by. Yep, was dark at 6, barely getting a bit light at 7. I think the sun rises around 7:30 or so. There are various things in the house I try to take care of, but am always distracted by something else I need to do, and it goes on and on. LOL

Good Morning -- its almost December!!

Robin: best wishes on your first day of work! Enjoy the dark mornings because in less than 3 months the hot sun will rise by 4:30am again.

OC: hope your errand is successful and some small delight awaits you as you travel.

Kat: enjoy your walk. Your spaghetti with turkey sounds tasty! Enjoy!

RS: good idea to finish your report as much as possible before blizzard storms! I hope it isn't as cold/snowy as predicted but just enough to feel like the love & kindness of Christmas are only 3 weeks away!

Poirot: hope your errands run smoothly and you end today feeling you accomplished a great deal!

My day will be more cleaning, some battery shopping, and then family time. Wishing all who follow a great last day of November as we welcome the month of Christmas tomorrow!

Hi everyone!

robin, hope your first day of work is going well.

OC, hope your errands go well today.

kat, hope it warmed up a little for your walk.

rs, good luck with getting all your paperwork done and be safe with your impending snow storm.

Poirot, good luck with your never ending list.

Noel, hope you are able to relax and enjoy your family time.

Today's high is 73. Tomorrows is 48. Welcome to Virginia kids! Wait...you didn't ask for two seasons in 24 hours...too bad :rotfl:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Lunch break...... as in all jobs the first day is boring........ I had to start today and had to start at 7am because the phones were going to be ringing off the lines.... so far I've answered the phone 3 times.

The district has moved from in person to home due to the uptick in cases. Parents have until the end of NEXT week to determine if they want to have the "connect" option, which is teacher lead online instruction or the "online" which is independent learning option..... BUT they haven't told the office how we are to handle these parent choices.... and if they go to "online" and in February schools open up can they bounce back to the schools... 90% of the staff is working from home..... I'm hopeful for a more active afternoon..

Knee is still a useless limb.... gives out hurts to walk..... generally a pain in the ... you know where.

The bathroom is MILES from where the office is too.

Back to learn how to use a Mac.

Too funny, weak sun comes out at 3 p.m. Just in time for the skies to begin to darken for evening. Did not get out at all, did a bit of laundry. Got out a couple of poinsettia baskets......the extent of my very slow decorating. Like O.C. , with no family, no one around any more, hubby in hospital (nursing home now), just not in any kind of festive mood. Plus, the way these places are built, one cannot see any thing from the street, only small door window faces it. All the windows face a large grassy area mostly.....with nothing behind us, except.......well, the back of Walmart is a ways off, but can see it. LOL

Well, Thanksgiving is over and we had a wonderful time. I don't see the boys every day but they check in somehow several times a week and are "on call" most of the time. I put out an "APB" when we need someone (per text) and the first one available comes. Their wives are the same way. Blessed with a wonderful family. Our town only has 2060 people so it's not long to anywhere. Any major shopping is a 60 mile trip. After we ate, the kids brought down about 10 totes of inside decorations and put the tree up.

My husband (age 86) helped me decorate most of Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Today he vacuumed the house while I did some computer stuff. We had therapy today and hope to finish the tree this evening. I plan to put the finishing touches to it all tomorrow. Of course, this is all between tutoring sessions.

My body is telling me I am too old to do everything I'm doing (77 in Jan). But I have to decorate! So glad I have this site to vent. It seems all of us have our problems and need the support from each other. You are all Godsends to me. Thank you so much.

Afternoon Everyone,

I'm having a busy day at work and we still have a lot of people who took vacation time for the holiday. We had a nice Thanksgiving with my mom, and now that my sister is staying at my aunt's house, they stopped over to say hello. They didn't stay too long and wore masks the whole time to make sure the house stays germ free, but I was so happy to see her up and walking after her surgery.

Sorry I can't chat longer, so much work to do.

I got back from town at 3:00, felt like I'd been gone for a week! My niece went a different direction today so I went alone. Funny that we hardly ever see each other, except during winter when we feed cows together twice a week, but we talk on the phone every day or so to keep a check on each other.

Nana, I was glad to see your update about your granddaughter's tests in another thread. I'd been wondering about it. You are indeed blessed to have your family living nearby and so willing to help out. Happy Christmas decorating!

Manda, I'd been wondering about your sister too. What a joy it must have been for you to see her!

Robin, I'm so sorry your knee is a mess. It sounds like you don't have any reason to think anything can be done about it?

I guess the hoarding has reached here now. At Walmart I did find some packages of Bounty paper towels, with 6 of the big rolls in it . But no Charmin toilet paper and only scattered packages of some other brands. I don't need that for a while so I skipped on them. I didn't need the Bounty yet either but am trying to stay stocked up on it by buying one package at a time when there is plenty of it.

Poirot, it made me sad to think of you looking out your back windows and seeing the back of Walmart, and no view out the front either. But in one way, having a Walmart near enough to see it from my house would seem like a dream come true.

IamRed, your changing weather in Virginia sounds about like Texas!

Noel, how is your husband doing?

Squirrel, stay safe in that storm. Hope you don't lose power.

Kat, I hope it warmed up a bit for your walk. It still felt cold to me all day, even though it finally did make it to 52*. Will be in the 20s* again tonight. Seems like similar to your weather.

red, your weather is like mine and OC. Temps go up and down depending
on what day it is.

OC, it was in the 30s when I finally took my walk. There was a slight breeze,
but not as bad as it was last week.

manda, I'm glad you saw your sister. Did she ever get her test results?

nanahl, you and husband stay busy. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and your family
helped out with decorating. I don't decorate much since I got divorced. It's not the same
when I was a kid. I gave away most of my decorations last year. I may put out my
grandma's ceramic tree this year.

rs, I hope you can stay home tomorrow if you get that much snow. Have you noticed
a change in the wildlife by your home after you had trees taken down or trimmed?

robin, I'm glad your day wasn't too busy. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

Poirot, I hope you won't get too much winter weather.

PV.JPG
I am at the red circle and the only running water is at the X above the word Google..... We are in "portables" at the North end. Why they didn't put the restrooms at the other end is beyond me.

OC, I'm trying to keep my knee until I can have a total knee replacement. I had a partial and the other side is colapsing in on itself. But elective surgery is not something I'm willing to do at this moment. Not something that will take a bed from someone who really needs it and the nursing staff.

Kat I hope tomorrow is busy enough to keep me from going nuts. They have a guy come in two hours a day to do the filing and other make work, so, I can't even do that. I need access to the student information system, so I'm hoping it comes through tomorrow, so I can refresh my memory on how that works and then I can print out transcripts, add and or drop students. Not that we have a list of students yet to be added or dropped, but when we do I'll know what I need to do.

robin, you need to get one of those rolling devices. I see people with them where
one knee is up and it's easier for walking.
I don't know how much one would cost
or if you could rent one.

my guide doesn't pre-empt at all......Maybe just local????

This was a last minute change. They were going to have the game Tuesday night.

The game is at 3:40 eastern time on Wednesday unless it gets postponed again.

Original date: Thanksgiving night
2nd date: Sunday night
3rd date: Tuesday night

That dang game has been postponed too many times already due to so many of the Baltimore Ravens having COVID-19. Most of the memes going around among Steeler fans have a saying about not wanting to catch that "Rat Bird Virus" during the game. Others are about the Ravens catching it on purpose because they don't want to play the Steelers again.

Last edited:
Thanks, rs. I figured out later maybe Eastern time because both times on the
east coast.

So game will be 3:40 Eastern time and 12:40 Pacific time. Some viewers might
not see Days at the regular time.

Are the Baltimore Ravens new? I don't think I ever heard of them before.

Back