11/5/23 - Donuts and Turkey Bingo

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Yes, Turkey Bingo. The Catholic churches here (except for mine) have turkey bingo before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Along with winning money, you also win a coupon for a turkey from one of the local grocery stores. Most people donate the coupons to a food pantry or to a Methodist church's holiday dinner for people with nowhere to go for dinner.
Even though I can't stand bingo, I always go to this at my friend's church. It is right next door to where my work used to be. Must pick up Cindy in a few minutes. She's the bingo lover.

Last edited:
When my oldest started high school I started working bingo, it was a school fund raiser. It raised money for the football team. I thought it was to raise funds for all clubs and sports. Anyway, I finished working bingo when my youngest graduated, 6 years.... I ended up calling bingo one night a week, sometimes two.... After I finished working bingo, I went to play with friends one night.... I was terrible at it.... I was always 4 calls away from a bingo....(it takes 5 to make a bingo) Also by the time I finished, 50% of the money went to football the other 50% went to clubs and other activities.... so I did good.

I got a lot of driving around town yesterday and I hope I got everything I need to finish the Thanksgiving decorations up.
My grandson called using his dad's phone as I was driving. Shall we say he had a great Halloween. He's 7.

I got all of my clocks changed except my car, that is a task for later this afternoon.....

Good Sunday to all...

LOL, I left for church a lot earlier than usual, as I figured I could change my car clock in the parking lot there, as I figured it would take me some time to figure it out. So I get there, and check the clock, no instructions anywhere...then suddenly realize it already is showing the correct time. Guess it did it automatically! Yayyyy.

And this led me to wonder,,,,,,,What happens with all these "automatic" time changing clocks IF we stay on standard time and don't change time?

It's spring time where I live. It's partly cloudy and in the 70s today. It's going to be in the 70s
through Wed. I'll be outside doing stuff.

It was nice this morning when I went on my walk. It wasn't dark at 7 and in the 50s. I'm going to try
to get earlier to walk tomorrow since I have a busy day at church. I need to get back outside and
cut down more dead flowers.

rs, I hope you enjoyed Bingo today.

robin, I'm glad your grandson had a nice Halloween.

Poirot, I'm glad your car clock fixed the time by itself. My clock in the car is easy. It has two buttons. One for
hour and other for minute. Easy-peasy.

I hope everyone has a relaxing and restful afternoon and evening.

Hi everyone!

rs, I’ve never heard of Turkey Bingo before.

robin, 7 is a great age for trick-or-treating. Glad your grandson had fun.

Poirot, or what if they change the dates for the time change again like they did in 2007.

kat, glad you had a sunnier walk this morning.

rf, hope your Sunday is going great.

I changed the clock on the stove and microwave this morning. My husband did the clock on our kitchen wall because he’s 6’1” and I’m 5’5” :rotfl:

The husband and I went to Walmart, Wawa, Lowe’s, and Food Lion around 10 this morning and every where but Wawa was nuts.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

It's been a good day.
I was actually able to sing at church today. A lot of the old hymns can bring tears because my Mom loved them so much. Stopped on the way home after church to get a pizza. Had some money left on y gift card. I order all of my Domino pizza from the app

Good evening. Late yesterday I got a note from my son saying he was coming last night. Poor guy, he has a busy family and his life is not his own. He got bounced around for a couple of days and so did I, but it didn't really matter for me, since I wasn't doing anything anyway. He got here around 10:00 p.m. and we stayed up late talking. The time change worked in our favor though. I couldn't believe it when he woke me up before 7:00 this morning to say goodbye. He had already hooked up his boat trailer and had his truck running and ready to go.

I wrote this hours ago and thought I'd sent it. Kept getting phone calls so I was distracted.

I like the old hymns too, Sexton. Pizza sounds good.

Back