12-14-2016 - Donuts and Birthday Cake

K

ktspirit

Happy Birthday DrBakerFan! I hope your day is great!

birthday-cake-law.jpg

Good morning and welcome to Canada AM where today's show is dedicated to @DrBakerFan. Yes, that guy who has become famous for his witty remarks on spoilers about Days of our Lives, it's that guy who played a part in nicknaming Carrie Brady, Princess Hag, it's that guy who loves to dish about Days and keeps us entertained. It's a thrill to have him on our show let alone in winter time during this STUPID COLD SPELL!!! My apologies, it's just that the weather is getting to me this winter. At any rate, lets give our special guest a big round of applause and start this day for DrBaker Fan!!!

Have a great birthday, Doc!!

Happy Birthday, DrBakerFan!! I agree with Muzz. I appreciate your humor and all of your comments. These are some of the most unique birthday cakes yet. I love starting the day seeing them. Thanks to all of you who contribute the cakes and colorful wishes.

I feel like I started my day at about 2:15 a.m., since that's when I woke up. But I stayed in bed and managed to doze until 6:00. I forgot to look at the temperature when I got up. The sun is up and bright now and it's 27*, so I guess it was colder before daylight. While tossing and turning in the wee hours, I looked out for stars but the moon was too bright for any to show. I sure enjoyed that orange moon last evening though!

I don't have my day planned out. I have a doctor's appointment at 3:30. Wish my mechanic would call me so I'd know whether I could work in getting the truck shocks fixed.

Wishing all of you a good Wednesday!

Happy Birthday DrBakerFan!

Last day of "work" for me for the week. I'll be busy sewing and what not for the remainder of the week, which quote frankly is more challenging than my job. But it's work of love, so it's all good.

I watched NCIS last night. Must say Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) was an absolute hoot.

OC - hope you can get the truck fixed while you're in town today.

Have a wonderful day!!

LOL, you all are a real hoot this morning. Happy, Happy birthday DBF...Hope you have a really fun day, and don't get bogged down with the nasty weather that is either headed your way, or already there. I am going to try and scoot to town this a.m. for a ton of errands, since the day is to get progressively worse with winds kicking up, and temps dropping, etc. etc. The winds have already started so, take care all. Double brrrrr. I am with Muzza on the winter.

JS - I'm making memory pillows and bears out of my mother-in-law's favorite tops. I should have started a long time ago (she passed in March), but life gets in the way sometimes. Since I had vacation to use or lose before the end of the year, I figured I use it to sew. Pillows for the adults and bears or the kids. My best friend is planning to come over after she gets out of work each day to help me stuff and hand sew the stuffing hole. :)

Good for you for crocheting, knitting, and cross-stitching. I love those too (except knitting, I don't know how). I just never seem to have time.

Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday DrBakerFan!!! Hope it's a blast, and filled with your great sense of humor!

Cold here today too but sunny. Last night some areas got snow/rain mixed, but none came here. That's quite alright with me. I have personal training later in the afternoon, and then will probably just relax. I'm not too stressed about the Spanish test. I'll study for it tomorrow, but I think I know most of the material we'll be quizzed on.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

Happy Birthday Dr.BakerFan.
cupcakes.JPG

I hope you have a great day.

Manda - that sounds like a wonderful idea. I marvel at the talent on this board. I can staple and duct tape clothing mishaps back together. But to create something from scratch is not a going concern for me.

Busy busy day and a long evening. I'm thinking of taking my dad's old wheel chair, that's how bad my knee is today. Took some powerful pain killers last night. They didn't help with the pain or the sleep. I was able to whine my way into to seeing him tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

Many thanks to those who sent birthday wishes. They and the creative cakes are much appreciated. Thanks to JS for passing along greetings from the famous Dr. Baker himself and the Smith Island raccoons and Forest Preserve bear. Finally, kudos to Muzzaman for posting the images of the constitutional law and evidence treatises, which cover two subjects that Bo Brady and many of the other members of the Salem P.D. either choose to ignore or know nothing about.

Another gloomy day here. The high close to 40, low tonight, very low.
We might get winter stuff this weekend. I hope not.

I got my Christmas present today. My son sent me a blue ray/DVD player.
You can also stream off the internet. Too bad no one here lives close
by to help me set it up.

Muzzaman, I always thought DrBakerFan was a female.

OC, I hope you found a way to get to hospital to get your xray.

robin, I hope your knee feels better.

manda, try to enjoy some of your time off the rest of the week.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon and evening.

Happy Birthday DrBakerfan! Hope it's a good one!

It's another cold one here. -4 when I got up and it has climbed all the way to 5! Can you imagine how 32 is going to feel like 70??

Tomorrow Ember has her first Christmas musical at school so we will leave work early and go watch. I can't even imagine her doing this. Just 6 months ago she was so shy she wouldn't even look at the clerk in the grocery store.

Good luck to all having to venture out in the cold. Stay safe.

Hi all, has taken me quite a while to warm up again. I should have stopped for gas, but that wind was causing the windchill to feel like 20 below. The sun is out, the temp climbed to 6 here, and after having to push the cart to my car, unload it, and go put it in the cart rack, I just did not want to get out of the car again. I did have to stop by the accountant's office to drop off a file, and that was bad enough. I did not get to the other store, or get gas, and probably forgot a few things at WalMart the way it was. Dang weather. Road was not bad. I was really bundled up, but the wind plays havoc with that. :)

@kat.....Muzza was referring to himself when he said "he".

Dr. BakerFan......what a wonderful array of different cakes and gifts. Just really enjoy your special day. think before dinner, I am gonna toast you & your birthday with a glass of wine. Cheers!

Thanks, Poriot. I read what Muzzaman wrote twice and got confused.

fixed another mistake. it must be Monday again.

Last edited:
Back