12-16-2016 - Donuts & Ribbons

I'm glad all my fiancé and I need is our Driver's License and $30. At least Virginia makes that simple. Other things they're a little weird on though.

Glad you found your divorce decree Wayne. My fiancé and I have only known each other a year and we're getting married in May. We would elope but it would kill our mothers and his grandmas. Our dads wouldn't care.

It's warmed up to 31 degrees. It should get colder than that for the rest of the day. We have a heat wave coming tomorrow:rotfl:

8 pillows sewn, 3 are stuffed, but not closed, 6 more pillows to make and 2 teddy bears. Definitely not going to finish today, but we're getting there. My friend is going to cut the bears out at home this weekend. It's taking a little longer than anticipated because most of the fabric is so stretchy we have to attach interfacing, which slows down the process significantly.

Wayne - I'm so happy that you're happy, and you're right, it makes no sense to put things off when you know you've found the right person. :)

Looks like it's been busy in here today. I didn't get a chance to check in this morning. Went and got a haircut, then had to do a bunch of shopping in Wal-Mart. I usually don't mind Wal-Mart, but it was tiring today. Crowded, yes. Driving that truck is tiring for me too. I also got a few things in another grocery store. As I started home I realized I'd forgotten to get a gift card in Wal-Mart, and I had intended to stop at a couple of shops to get a gift certificates. But I was too tired to go back and it was past time for me to get home.

Can you believe it got up to 81* here today? As I was leaving the house this morning there was a big rattlesnake coiled up next to the back steps! Enjoying the warm sunshine. It went into a frenzy when it saw me. I wasn't inclined to grab that one so I came inside for my gun but the snake was gone when I got back out there. No doubt it went back under the landing. Ugh! By tomorrow night we will be in the low teens! Hope I can finish getting things prepared before noon, when it will start dropping.

Now I'm going to read your posts for the day.

Shan: how joyful to read your Christmas spirit is blooming. What yummy gifts your cookies, bars and fudge will make for others. Playing Elf is such fun! Hope your Christmas party on Saturday is cheerful fun.:clap:

Days: congrats on completing your papers, classes and exams. Hope this weekend you share in some traditional Christmas activities. Enjoy.

Red: Enjoy your winter heatwave. Hope your wedding plans are smoothly progressing as you share Christmas cheer.

Amanda: you accomplished so much in the few hours between your posts. Love what you are doing for others.

OC: there is nothing cheerful about hiding rattler. Getting your gun was a smart move when you are seeing several around your home. Also glad you treated yourself to a haircut. We women feel so much better when we get a new style or update.

Wishing all of you a great evening.:wink:

Back