12/17/20 - Donuts and Snow

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, & I knew she was gonna need a "get away time". Her husband's daughter, husband, & 3 kids from Texas have been there since last week, on their way to North Carolina for the holidays. So much for stay home orders. Anyway, called in afternoon, & she had just had lunch with her daughter (who lives in another town) so did manage to get away for some time to herself. The family was supposed to leave today, but changed their minds, and won't leave til Sat. Hard to believe they staying 9 days, then will be back after the New Year on their way home.

Cold here, only 15 this a.m. Radio says sunshine.....we will see. heck, sun has not even risen yet. Then, of course, they tell us how many more seconds of daylight we are still losing every day. LOL

Good morning....Amazon brought a box the other day..... last night my daughter in law sent a text saying we should open it before Christmas... are you sure... YES was the reply.... They got us a super fantastic telescope!!!!! we are going to put it together and use it to watch the sky this coming Monday/Tuesday to see the Christmas Star!!! It even has an attachment thingy for cameras. If I can figure that out I'll try to snap a picture.....

Vinnie typical toddler loved the box......

One more day of work... after today's mind numbing 8 hours......

We were at freezing this morning.... but expected to warm up to the mid 60's later today and 70's by the weekend and beyond.... so that is good. I just want to open my window for the night air but 32 is a bit chilly for night air..... I don't even want to think about 15 thank you very much.

Happy Thursday

Had 2 telescopes when living out at lake......no idea what happened to either one, but neither is here. Guess this is what happens when others help pack, dispose, donate, toss, move you. !

LOL, one can tell I don't get into newer films, as I had to go look up and see who Chris Hemsworth is. Ha. Now THERE'S a hunk, for sure.

Good Morning Friends! Sending Christmas wishes your way!

Wifi is sketchy here because it has been cloudy this morning -- at least that's the excuse my provider used to explain it all away. I was promised the wifi would resume as soon as the sun reappeared from behind the clouds. Ho-ho-ho!

Kat: I love all Christmas trees that nearly touch the sky and are lit up beautifully!

Poirot: great news about your daughter & family. Hope your pre-holidays are going well too!

Robin: a telescope is perfect for the star extravaganza coming up! Enjoy!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday. Take time to reflect on Christmas and treat yourself to some R&R amidst the business of celebrating the season with family & friends. Hugs!

This morning, it was in the 20s. I decided to walk at 9 and the sun had been out for awhile.
I didn't realize until I went out it was warmer than the forecast said it would be. The walk
was so nice with sun and no wind. I went around extra since I didn't get out yesterday.

This morning, I got the last of the out of town cards in the mailbox. I still have a few
in town cards to mail.

robin, that was great. I think we all know who you want to send you a greeting.
Enjoy your gift.

Poirot, I hope you won't have to get out in the cold weather.

Noel, I hope you'll get wifi working better.

Wishing everyone a sunny day.

They have started the vaccines at work. Haven't received my time slot yet - I may be next week but whatever, I will get it so hopefully no symptoms that will keep me home. Won't be good for my schedule that is packed. Not sure how fast they are doing it.

Been super tired at night - fell asleep in my chair the other nite and woke up at 10:30. LOL. Went to bed then.

It was cold her today - 28 when I left for work - frost on ground and all. in the 50s now and sunny.

Have a great day all!

Afternoon Everyone,

Amazingly Gena had an ok visit last night. She was bored as The Masked Singer started after I picked her up, but at least she was happy about dinner, which was corn dogs and French fries. It's another crazy busy day at work.

Robin - stay warm and enjoy your new telescope, how fun

Dachie - I hope you can get your appointment soon.

Poirot - glad you daughter had a nice birthday

Kat - good for you for still doing cards, I haven't the past few years, I never think of it until it's too late.

Noel - that sounds like a lame excuse for poor wifi service.

OC - I'm glad you're having a nice visit with your son.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Good evening everyone. Still in the 20s here. I got about 8 inches of snow from the storm with more coming down now. Thank goodness I didn't get 42 inches like the eastern side of the state got hammered with.

My driveway got plowed around 8:30 this morning so I was able to make it to our department lunch at work.

While there, I ended up redoing all of the state links to our reporting databases in all of our department computers. Some state IT person thought it was a good idea to migrate everything to new servers with new login IDs and passwords at the beginning of the holidays. Caseworkers across the state are working through next Tuesday. How the heck were they supposed to enter all of their data that is due by Tuesday night if they can't get to the proper site?!?! At least the ones at our office are now able to do their work.

Came home to make 3 cookie sheets of pretzels with melted Hershey's kisses and M&Ms plus pretzels with melted Rollos.

Amanda, thank goodness Gena's aunt didn't take out her nasty attitude on Gena. Just keep on protecting your cub, Mama Bear, and stand your ground.

Red: What is your job? Work with the state? I would love to know the various jobs we all have. (if that is allowed on the site) Interesting snippets make me curious.

Robin: I would love to see the star through a telescope! What a gift!

Mandy: At least a little bit of "not so bitter" is good news about visit

Dachsie: Sleeping in the chair before going to bed is a requirement in our house!

Have a great day everyone

Back