12-2-2017 - Donuts and Car Repair

A

A. Guy

New battery in today, hopefully. It turned out to be a tortuous process to buy, and carry it home, yesterday. It weighs 47+ pounds. I will have an assistant, this afternoon. :)

This is the day of the Christmas tree-decorating home invasion, that has become a recent tradition (is that a contradiction in terms?) I have resolved to remain calm! :drunk:

Have a peaceful day, everyone! :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, A. Guy, hope it works as intended!

Sorry I've been absent for a couple of days. Had to take the husband the the ER for some personal issues. He was admitted and I thought he was going to be there for only one night but yesterday morning the doctor said another day or two, so we'll see. Husband is not happy to be there. He was in a great mood when I got there early yesterday morning because he thought he was going home. When he realized that wasn't the case, the mood changed. The nurse accosted me first thing and said he needs someone to be with him ALL the time. She asked if I had anyone who could help and take turns with me. No, no one. Our son and family are off on a camping trip somewhere in east Texas, and there is no one else I'd ask. Husband must have kept them busy through the night. He tries to get out of bed, which would surely not end well. He pulls off clothes, pulls things out, etc. I thought to myself but didn't say it, they'll just have to sedate him for the night, if he can't be managed any other way. They do have an alarm on the bed set to go off when he tries to get up, but it wouldn't be hard for him to make a try and fall before they could get there.

I've been battling sinus for a week now. Went to the doctor on Monday. It wasn't an infection at that point but he gave me a prescription to hang onto, in case it got worse. It's probably there now but I don't like to take antibiotics unless I absolutely have to, and after enduring it for a week already, I may just ride it out. It's the first one I've had in 20 years but I remember how long they hang on.

I haven't had time to read the posts yet but I will when the dust settles here. I hope everyone is well and things are going okay for all of you. I'll check back when I can.

Good morning, all. Hope that new battery solves the problem, Guy.

OC, I sympathize, my hubby was to ER and hospital this past summer, horrible patient. Was not there even 36 hrs, calls me 8 a.m. to come get him. I protested, nurse got on phone, said he wants to leave, they cannot keep him. I arrive, evidently he did the same thing, pulled out his IV, mind you, it was cuz he did not like having to take the metal stand with him into the bathroom, which was 2 steps from his bed. Anyway, his room was a very long way from the exit door, and ......he had to walk it. !!! No wheel chair, which I thought was hospital rule. I am sure it is, no matter how good you feel. But I am guessing he was just so hard to handle.

Is your husband in ICU? I am guessing his doctor has to make the decision about sedation, if necessary.

It is hard when patients get so agitated, and there no longer are private duty nurses available.
(Hubby was feeling bad a month or so later, told me that he probably has to go to hospital again. I told him he would be lucky if they let him in after the way he acted last time. He has not mentioned it again.)

I do hope they are able to help your husband with whatever his issues are. YOU need some rest as well.
I think I am coming down with another cold, been coughing a great deal the last couple days. Seems I just had the bout of bronchitis, sure hope this is not going to be another one.

OC ~ Do you have a long term care plan? Does it provide in-home care? I know that with my plan the first option is in-home care for as long as that is feasible. Then assisted living, then nursing home, etc. They start with the most "home-like" option as it is also the least expensive. It sounds like it just isn't possible for you to provide 24 hour care. Could you at least get someone for several hours each day so that you can tend to your own needs?

I feel for you. What a bind to be in.

A local friend here had to make the decision to place her husband in a full care facility because she could no longer provide the level of care he needed. She visits him every day, takes him to lunch, takes him to the pool, etc., but she is now able to get a full night's sleep and tend to her own needs too.
I wish you well.

Morning all, and those to come.

Good luck AGuy. I hope the battery works. And good luck with the tree invasion.

OC - I love how hospitals want you to take care of the person left with them. I understand that nurses are understaffed and over-worked, but he is there to get better. I'm guessing you didn't drop him off for "daycare". May everything work out for you and your sinuses get better sooner rather than later.

Today is stepmom errand run day. Going to start the day with a good breakfast then head off into the unseasonable warmth even for this part of the world.

Happy Saturday all.

Good Morning,

It is a sunlit bright sunny day. What else is new? But there are a few clouds in the sky, the sun is further south this time of year which reduces glare coming in from the windows. Small joys but they are all that is available now. It should be 79F today according to the "weatherologist" who has been wrong every day this week.

Today, for me, is a relaxing day. I have a 'should've' list but think I am opting for a quiet Saturday. The chores will be there during my busy week. Last night all the candles, wreaths, trees were lit and the house had that "Christmasy time of feeling" John Williams wrote to music. It was a peaceful joy!

AGuy: sorry the heavy trek with the battery but glad to know you have an 'assistant' today! Christmas home invasion is a perfect title for family decorating. I may borrow it going forward and think a little fun chaos amidst the calm is perfect timing. Enjoy!

OC: please take some time to rest yourself today!! That is the best thing you can do for your husband to be certain you are healthy while he is hospitalized [and can visit]. My personal feelings aside, about a nurse opting for sedation, the doctor ordered that so he could rest and to stop nurses complaints. Part of nursing is relating to the patient and calming their fears. Anyone over 65 is much less patient with hospitalized procedures and often becomes confused about day, time, etc. Sure wish some of us lived close to you so we could bring you meals, sit with you, and give you a break now and then. Praying for you both and hoping tomorrow is a better day!!

Poirot: wishing you a peaceful enjoyable weekend. Hope your day does not include paperwork, unpacking or disposing of unwanted items but a day to read, watch movies, and enjoy life a little more. Thinking of you!

Lil0: Thanks for sharing your experiences from a personal point of view. I opted to keep my parents at home, and they thrived for years under family care. Whatever options OC has available it is good she has close friends who can share the wisdom of experience.

Robin:
I love how hospitals want you to take care of the person left with them. I understand that nurses are understaffed and over-worked, but he is there to get better. I'm guessing you didn't drop him off for "daycare".

Absolutely the truth! It is true hospitals are understaffed, but the first priority of a nurse is patient care, not convenience!

Hope your sunny day is one that is very enjoyable and yet restful!

Take care everyone and hope your Saturday is a wonderful one to remember in the future.

A beautiful day here. Sunny and close to 70. As soon as I'm done posting,
outside I go.

OC, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope you have someone to talk
to, to discuss your husband's medical care. It's going to be a difficult decision,
but it should be helpful for both of you. I hope you're feeling better from
your sinus infection.

robin, I hope you had a good day with step mom.

Noel, I hope you got to relax most of the day.

I hope everyone has the good rest of day.

Good afternoon. Watch for the rising moon tonight and especially tomorrow night. It will be a supermoon.

My head has been reeling trying to figure out what to do. I went over to my landlord's home yesterday to pay my rent. He told me the potential buyer of this property has set up a meeting to do the paperwork and set the sale in motion. Apparently the buyer wants to establish a church here. My landlord did offer his truck and trailer to help me move, but if I have to store everything, then I'll still have to move again. My Jehovah's Witnesses "friends", who keep showing up, also offered to help and prayed with me. I thought that was sweet (they are a married couple), but I'm not sure that's a good idea, lol. God will provide.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay day. I went out this morning with my family to get some groceries. We ended up getting quite a bit as we are preparing for Christmas. We only ended up going to a few stores but it ended up taking the entire morning because we spent a great deal of time in each store.

We also went to grab some lunch to bring home with us. I ended up picking up some tomato basil soup and a turkey club panini, both were absolutely delicious. After lunch, I took a nap as I do have a headache but it did not get any better. I did take some medication for it so I am hoping it starts to work because if not this will ruin my evening. I also wanted to do some Christmas decorating around the house today but only ended up getting a little bit done. My headache is really bothering me. :sick:

The weather has been really nice today. Right now it is sunny and 41 F, a mild December day here.

Wishing all of you a super Saturday. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

I have a feeling that OC is at the hospital all day today, so hope we will hear from her at some point, either this evening or tomorrow a.m.
Tomorrow will be the last of our milder weather, been around 40 all week during the day, sun comes out, goes away, etc. But Ol man winter has been standing on the side, biding his time, after giving us a taste of his goodies earlier in November. Now he is returning next week, really will have to be bundling up.

KT: yes, God will provide for you. You can't have too many prayers in my book. Hope you relax and enjoy every day as you walk this new path. Enjoy tonight.

McSweetie: hope the medication reduces your pain and the headache stops. Glad you had family time Christmas shopping. Rest up and heal my friend.

Thinking if my friends this evening:

Manda, hoping Gena is feeling strong and healthy today. And that you enjoyed a fun and relaxing evening last night at your work Christmas party.

Red: hoping your husband has recovered from that virus and you both are having a fun holiday weekend.

Squirrel: also hoping your weekend is fun, relaxing and enjoyable. Plus your weather is the type you live in December.

Thanks wishing everyone a great holiday weekend.

Evening all.

Busy day with stepmom. Got a lot done. Then after dropping her off, went Christmas shopping as I needed just a few more things, mainly however, I have to get a box in the mail to England on Monday for my niece. She isn't going to be able to make it home this year, so I sent some cookies and small things.

It was nice and warm today so all the shopping with stepmom was done in warmth.

On to Sunday and cookie baking.

As night falls and my home is glowing with candle lights and the magical Christmas lights on wreaths & garlands, I am filled with joy and peace. It was a quiet and restful day that I remain grateful for this holiday. Now all we need here is cold temps to make it perfect. Tomorrow is church and writing Christmas cards.

KT, I hope the home sale does not go through! There's a fair chance that the potential buyer is one of those "all hat, and no cattle" folks. I have met a few of them.

Back