12-24-17 - Donuts & Christmas Eve

Good afternoon, Snowing here, and cold. Our church had regular Sunday services at regular times, but this afternoon will be Christmas services, one at 4 p.m. and another at 10 p.m. (supposedly the "midnight mass"). Then there will be more tomorrow, but if one goes to the ones today, no need tomorrow.........when it will be below zero.

Hope all the little ones will be happy with Santa, and the big ones as well. LOL Joyous Noel, Peace to you all.

Today is a day of remembrance and glory to my Lord & Savior Jesus Christmas. God came near and still reaches out to every heart all year long. Memories of beloved family members & friends who brightened my Christmas Past. Gratitude for the blessings of my Christmas Present. And Hope for my Christmas Future.

May the God of Light & Love fill your hearts & homes with his glorious Love, Hope, Peace & Joy this Christmas!

2017nativity.jpg

I hope everyone is having a good Christmas Eve.

It's very cold here. It hasn't gotten above freezing today.
No church for me today because no early service. I'll be
going to my friend's church later.

I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Here are a few pics of our drive.

The tv show Riverdale is shot where my in laws live so we took our nieces and nephew to the Pops Tate Diner. At least the diner where it filmed until the crew made a replica.

Attachments

• Resized_20171222_102004_119.jpeg
    Resized_20171222_102004_119.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 10
  • Resized_20171222_142806_2198.jpeg
    Resized_20171222_142806_2198.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Resized_20171222_142822_1466.jpeg
    Resized_20171222_142822_1466.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Resized_20171222_093955_3500.jpeg
    Resized_20171222_093955_3500.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for posting. It's very pretty and the roads are clear. That's how
winter weather should be

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day. I have been prepping a lot today as Christmas is tomorrow. :love: I have a few more things to do before I am completely set so I am almost there.

Wishing all of you a happy and magical holiday season! Sending each one of you so much happiness now and for always!

Hi all, back from church......it was soooo packed, could not find a parking place, until finally someone pulled out of one just as I was making another cruise thru the street and lot. Barely got inside as it was just starting. In addtion, about an hour before I was to leave home, it began to snow, actually like a blizzard. Y ou could not hardly see, wind was blowing. thankfully it was a snow squall, as only lasted about 40 min, stopped as I was getting ready to put on the boots, etc. Gosh, it was jammed. Want to laugh? I had on a red blazer, so had a red scarf on my jacket and wore a red hat. As we were leaving, the man next to me asked me if I was a red hatter. I laughed, used to be, he said he knew it was a big thing, his wife's aunt was one. Yeah, big thing for about 15 years, but not any more.

Muzza, I cannot believe how clear your roads were, the pics are beautiful, you sure had to enjoy the scenery for that long drive.

Gotta tell ya, when it began to snow today, all I could think of was a Hallmark movie, where it always snows on Christmas for the characters. (we already had a couple feet on the ground, but....it was snowing. Still is, but lightly now.

Lots of family stuff for many of you, so enjoy, enjoy. And for the rest of us....Well, I plan on watching It's A Wonderful Life but then I am torn about watching Last Tango in Halifax (PBS) Merry Christmas my friends.

Good evening. Nothing really new here to report. More of the same. I just wanted to stop in and wish all of you a wonderful Christmas.

Muzz, I can't stand being in the mountains, am not much attracted to mountain scenery, but I have to admit, those pictures are beautiful--so long as I don't have to be there in person!

Merry Christmas, everyone !

I got my Christmas present a little early...my fever finally broke this afternoon. Yep, pneumonia again. Still feeling weak, but at least I feel like eating now. My cousin said she'll come to pick me up tomorrow for Christmas at her house in Ohio since she doesn't want me to drive on the icy/snowy roads while not up to par. Her hubby already told her to do it, and that he'd be ok by himself for the hour.

Lil0 - My cousin is very happy to have snow in Sequim for Christmas Eve! Enjoy your evening with your family.

robinsnest - Have a great time with your family in Santa Monica. I loved seeing the Promenade all decorated up for Christmas. I also told my brother that we need to go back to Cafe Crepe during my next visit. YUM!

Muzza - WOW! What beautiful country!! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Poirot - Stay safe in that weather. I feel bad that I did Mass for shut-ins on tv today, but couldn't chance being in the crowd today. Watched Midnight Mass from the Vatican live online in case I can't stay awake to watch the taped one on tv here at midnight.

Noel - Thank you for the beautiful photo. I hope your kids have a wonderful Christmas. Did they put out treats for Santa?

kat - I'm glad you spent Christmas Eve with your friend at her church.

hjnewt - I'm sure Harry is watching over you and smiling as you watch the snow fall.

A. Guy - enjoy your company.

EricMsweetie - I'm sure you're more prepared than you think, and everything will be great.

OC - This Christmas marks so many changes for you. Sending prayers that your husband has an easy/ier time adjusting to his new caregivers and routine.

OC: Christmas Prayers and angels watching over you this Christmas!

Squirrel: relieved your fever broke but praying the pneumonia quickly heals. And yes treats are ready for Santa, reindeer and Baby Jesus.

Blessings all.

rs, I wondered if you had pneumonia again. I'm glad your fever broke. How long
a trip is it to your cousin's? I hope the roads will be ok.

We just need to hear from kt now.

I hope everyone has a restful sleep.

Back