12-25-16 - Donuts & Merry Christmas

Poirot, what a blessing to see the adorable young Julian growing up and doing what kids do!

Glad to see all of you stopping in and sharing Christmas greetings and updates. The roaring wind was out of the south, but has now turned from the north and has died down some, and it is only 67*, down from 71*. Cows are being moved from across the road. They haven't been over here in 1 1/2 yr. so I have to get used to them being around the house. Sure wish I had a fence around the yard.

I am no fan of raccoons, but that Horton Cabin one is pretty cute!

Merry Christmas one and all.

The kids have wandered off to the beach for the annual Christmas day swim. We've (the sane adults) have cautioned against it as the rain tends to bring icky stuff into the storm drains and then into the ocean. So we shall see. The quiet around the house is delightful.

Called stepmom this morning. She was all weepy and sad. Next year we will make sure she is here with the insanity, and to $*&) with her family.

Happy Birthday A Guy!!!

Peace and Joy to all.

LOL, that bear looks exactly like one that sat on our beach one day, only ours had 3 cubs with her. LOL

Thanks for the nice comments about Julian.......I usually put a pic with him in the Chapel, but...well, I just loved his Christmas Pajamas, and the big grin. Just an FYI, but he has to use a straw himself, he cannot seem to just drink from a glass or cup. And you can see his right hand clenched as usual. He will be getting a sibling come February, so...no idea how mom will manage as he still has to have therapy 3 times a week, plus what she does with him at home.

Our Christmas dinner is over, am stuffed. LOL. It began sleeting, as the temp finally began to move upwards. Was 28 all day, then went to 30. is 31 currently, ice is on windshields (my nearby son was here, only an hour, and it is now getting dangerous. They are saying on radio, icy rain, ice, and then all rain, as temps will continue to go up. Yes, staying in definitely. Not even thinking of going out tomorrow. Wish my scanner still worked.

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes! You are valued friends.

Had a lot of commotion here on Christmas Eve, 17 people in the house. 9 of us on Christmas Day. Will be loafing for a few days! :) Merry Christmas to all!

Back