12/25/20 - Donuts and Christmas

manda, I hope Gena feels better soon. How did her visit with her aunt and dad go?
Gena is better this morning. I think she's sensitive to lactose and we had a lot of dairy yesterday. Her visit Wednesday was disappointing. They had pizza for dinner, but the reactions to the presents she picked out for her aunt & dad were not what she was hoping for. Thankfully she liked the gifts they got her, but the rest of the visit was spent watching Fuller House on Netflix.

Manda, my son and his family have lactose intolerance, along with some other food intolerances. His had gotten especially bad, to the point that he could hardly eat anything. Much to his surprise, and mine too, he has found some measure of relief by taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (with the "mother") mixed with a little bit of water before he eats. It hasn't been a complete cure but has been of some help. I'd read about vinegar being good for things like that but I'd never taken it seriously. Neither had he but I think he was at the point he felt he had nothing to lose by trying it. I'm just throwing that out there, not making any claims or bets on it.

OC, doesn't he avoid lactose...or just use lactose free foods? Sorry, I just see them in the store, my dad's wife was lactose intolerant, but when she was young, she had to just avoid a lot of foods. I remember her saying once she only ate plain chicken & baked potato. LOL all the time. Once, at my house, they came for dinner, she could not/would not eat anything...so had to make her a peanut butter & jelly sandwich!!

Yes, Poirot, he does avoid lactose, which isn't easy. He can't even tolerate it in small amounts, like milk used in baking, etc. But like your dad's wife, there are many other foods that are problematic too. When they come here they prepare their own food in their camper and often each one is eating something different. No way somebody else can cook for a family like that. They have a hard enough time doing it themselves.

Merry Belated Christmas to all! Both Christmas Eve services went well. Made a few mistakes, but...

For those of you who don't have camera, etc on computer for Zoom: My brother told me about an external device and I bought it. About $50 but all I have to do when he lets me (or anyone one lets me know), is plug into tower and it is a camera and mike together. Small but very effective. I just put the device on the desk when using it. My brother lives in Colorado so being able to Zoom is fun.

Muzz: So sorry for your family's loss. I still have family with Covid but they are recovering. The last one should be out of hospital by Friday. He was on a ventilator but now breathing on his own.

Have a wonderful rest of the day to all of you.

Back