12/29/2021 - Donuts and Don't dress like Salemites

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So taking the BEAST outside to potty at 3 in the morning with open toed shoes (crocks) and a light sweater when the weather is 23 is so VERY NOT pleasant..... I'd take Vinnie to Salem but they don't allow personal pets..... but what I'd have given for a John Black leather jacket last night.....

I don't have real winter clothing but I do have shoes/boots and layers.... but I just didn't' want to fully dress to go out this morning..... Beast is working it out how to be an apartment dog.... I"m sure once he has been here a couple of days the 10pm outside trip will last till we wake in the morning....

it doesn't help that Hunny Bunny isn't able to get around as easily as he wishes.... but he is getting better.....

may get snow for NYE here..... day time temps are in the high 40's to 50's nights are numbers that I don't recognize.... :) but I'm sure Poirot is familiar with them....as are others of you.....

Happy whatever day it is......

It's cloudy with some rain. The high only in the 50s. I went out for my walk when I saw a break. I got two times
around before it started to sprinkle. It's going to be in the 60s tomorrow and Friday before the cold front Sat.

This afternoon, my women friends are coming to play games. We'll be wearing masks again. One friend
saw family Sat. One adult isn't vaccinated and he won't let his kids get vaccinated either.

robin, I hope you took socks to wear with your crocks :) I hope you didn't have pain getting out so early.

I hope everyone has a decent day.

It's 80 here with storms and a cold front on the way. It's going to be bad weather for the next few days.

If I went out (during any season) dressed like our Salemites, my mother would rise from her grave and shove me back in the house. She wouldn't let me out looking like a floozy!

Beautiful sunny morning here, tho I have been awake since 4:30! Which is pitch dark. A cozy 5 above it was, dropping down to 1 above, don't know if it will continue to drop or maybe go up a few degrees. We definitely are going into a deep deep freeze, as Fri & Sat nites, will be 13 below zero, & 21 below zero. Egads!
Robin, my Houston raised granddaughter now lives in Kansas City, Am sure she feels about the same as you about now. Hope you waved in O.C.'s direction, as you drove thru northern Texas, you probably were not too far from her area. ???
Reconciled my checking account, (changed banks back in Aug., but was Nov. before I actually l closed out the joint account. So many medical bills this year......Gonna be so much fun doing taxes.....NOT!

Off to do some decluttering, and reorganizing. I have bad habit of getting distracted into doing something else, as I go to file something away, and think, I need to get rid of a few of these old files in the file cabinet........and so it goes........lol

Enjoy your day, and warmer temps.......

Forgot to mention....glad Robin is more aware of colder weather, despite not having winter wear, than our Salemites, who live in midwest, but don't seem to own winter clothing. LOL
Watched a Hallmark movie last night, and was seriously laughing. Oh, the folks had winter coats, jackets on, as they walked in the snow, but nothing on their heads, around their necks, coats open at the top. No gloves. Snow wasn't melting so had to be cold. Yep, hardy folks, for sure.

Good afternoon. In the low 30s here with a drizzly freezing rain. There were 2 inches of beautiful white snow when I went to bed last night. Woke up this morning to find the rain causing the drab gray and brown to be back.

Left early to pick up Cindy , and go to Sam's Club over in Ohio. She's still without a car so couldn't shop while I was in quarantine.

For once we took our time going up an down the aisles to see what was new. Then went to the Aldi near there before going back to Cindy's to unload. My Trax was packed !
I still have tissues,napkins and cleaning supplies sitting in my livingroom that I need to put away upstairs.

robinsnest- Brrr! You had to have been freezing when Vinnie went out in the middle of the night.

kat - My worst weather is coming up from your way now.

Operagirl - My Italian mom had a fit over the way the women and teen girls dressed on Days. She even went on about teenage Julie's tight sweaters back in the late 60s.

Poirot - I don't envy you one little bit with all of your paperwork. It was bad enough when my mom passed away, but you have double that with everything for your husband and son.

Last edited:
rs, how is Cindy and her family doing after the accident? I hope she'll be able to get a car soon.

Hi all! - Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I was in AZ from the 15-26th. I got home Sunday night and have been slammed at work. I am really tired too. I think not having any down time after my trip is getting to me.

So glad the possession story seems to be over. Now I can watch it again. Altho am not really happy about Lucas being the kidnapper. I guess Chad caught him today and is going to help him frame EJ - I think that is what Kate figures out in the spoilers. Anyway, Ron is a horrible writer so will see how long the show will last. It was good to see Missy Reeves!

Will try to post more now that I should be able to watch more.

Poirot, I turned on my tv and found Murder on the Orient Express going at 7:30. I watched the remainder of it, off and on.

I got home from Dallas around dark. Daughter brought me to my Wal-Mart town and Niece drove the 40 miles there to meet us. Had a good time but glad to be home. I'm washing up all my clothes, took a shower and ate, and now I'm trying to stay away until bedtime.

A highway patrolman stopped us as we turned off the state highway and onto the farm-to-market pavement--5 miles from my house. We hadn't met another vehicle for many miles, we were talking, catching up on everything, so my niece didn't slow down as much as she should have before we got to the turn off. We were very nice and friendly to the officer, as he was to us. He just gave a warning, for which we were grateful!

Going to get cold here too, on Saturday night, in the single digits. This, after reaching 91* only a few days ago. My son-in-law had their a/c going the whole time I was there. My daughter and granddaughter were wearing shorts.

Glad you got back safely.....lol. I could barely recognize the various famous actors in their retro make up, etc. Richard was the victim. I preferred the Poirot series on PBS several years back...he did not yell like Albert Finney did so much in this one.
Glad you had a nice visit with your family.....and how great of your niece to drive that far to drive you back, so daughter would not have so far. Robin is undoubtably freezing in KansAs, is 1 below zero here now. gonna get worse. Glad Dachsie is back safe, This Arctic cold front is going way down south as well, our weatherman said. Sounds like it from what Kat says & Robin got into.

Back