12-7-2016 - Donuts & Frosty

Noel

Reaction score
The weather here is 70 today but should be mid-70s this week. My friend wants me to teach her how to make "a Frosty" so up north we are headed. I tried to explain to her that desert dirt makes dust that doesn't stick. Then a lesson on how to make a pumpkin pie.

Super busy fun day and week. Take care and stay blessed my friends.

Good morning, Salemites!! Brrrrrrr........we are in a cold spell big time right now. Cold walk to the train this morning but I bundled up very warmly. Currently the temperature in Calgary is -22*C (-7.6*F), FEELS like -33*C (-27*F) with wind chill. Ski hills are closed for the day and workers who work outside are being advised to take lots of breaks, stay hydrated and not to be exposed for too long. Likely many will not work today. I guess we're making up for the lack of cold weather last year.

Have fun making your pie and frosties. Are Frosties like slurpees or slush puppies?

Good morning my friends, talk of Frosty......tis a brisk 18° right now, (16 in town) tis lightly snowing again, and the the think sheet of ice stretches out double the size it was yesterday. The wind is blowing some of the snow off the trunks and bare branches of the birches & maples, and occasionally a gust will send a cloud off the roof. Yep, am staying in again today, I sure hope everything is plowed when I have to go out tomorrow. (dr. appt).

Going to return the tablet, I just cannot get it to hook up to Spectator, or Facebook, and while there ARE lots of free things to watch, I guess, just isn't working for me, at least this one. I am suddenly on sites that I don't want to be on, unable to delete, just won't let me. Heck, I cannot even erase/delete the info on me. Even going to the Amazon site online had no help.

Take care all, stay warm, stay safe.

Good morning. I'm curious about the frosty too. Glad you are having such fun with your friend, Noel. I'm sure you will satisfy our curiosity when you have the time.

Poirot, too bad about the tablet. So many people use them now but I know it would just be one more frustration for me. It's interesting how you can watch the ice spread over the lake, little by little each day. I guess we'll be seeing more ducks here soon.

Muzz, just reading about you walking to the train in those temperatures took my breath away! I'm sitting here inside, with my thermostat turned on 77*, with a warm laptop on my lap, and I'm wearing a nylon, fiber-filled jacket--zipped up!

Oh yeah, and it is 31* outside, with no wind. Tomorrow it will be brutal though (for here), with a front arriving.

This morning at dawn I was cooking bacon out on my deck. (Can't live with the smell inside the house). There was frost on the ground. A little deer appeared just outside the yard. I felt sorry for it, all alone and cold. It stopped and looked toward me for a long while, then ran off a little ways and stopped and looked at me again. Then another dash and one final look back before disappearing.

Good Morning,

Boy, it sure got cold last night, I think it was 7* this morning but feels like -4* with the wind chill. Of course my tire pressure light was on this morning, but we were running late, so I'll have to stop after work. I also forgot to make sure Gena's library books were in her back pack, so we'll have the same books to read this week. Some days I just can't win. Today seems to be one of those days.

Poirot - stay warm up in the cold and snow. Our snow all melted. Gena's keeps asking Santa to send more so she can build a snowman. Sorry your tablet is a dud.

OC - deer are such fun animals to watch. Hope your truck isn't too expensive to fix.

JS - now I want a Frosty, that looks delicious.

Noel - I do hope you were talking about making a snowman.

Muzz - Brrrr. stay warm, don't want you to turn into this guy
upload_2016-12-7_8-48-19.png

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning all.

So today when I dropped Mr, Gus off at the pet resort, it was Snow Day where the resort trucks in a couple of tons of snow and lets the dogs play in it. Mr. Gus, being French and all, does not play in the snow, as his feet get wet, and well, that just can't happen. And because of his bad back, he is on rest, so he can't play outside with the other dogs anyway. But boy, were the two Saint Bernards having a fun time rolling and prancing in the snow!!!

They also have Santa there for the morning and Mr. Gus had his picture taken with Santa, or will have his picture taken.

Now to work and trying to remain sane. Have a meeting tonight AND have to pack and be ready to go tomorrow morning. Eeek.

Glad it's warm enough here to do outside things.

Good morning everyone!

Sunny and 51 here which I guess feels like summer compared to what some of you are having.

A frosty sounds good.

Enjoy your time with your friend Noel.

Hope your day improves manda.

Sounds like Mr. Gus will have a fun day robin. Too bad he doesn't like the snow.

Muzza, those temperatures would make me cry.

Poirot, it's too bad your tablet didn't work out for you.

OC, whenever I see one deer it's usually accompanied by the rest of it's herd here. We have so many deer running around my neighborhood that I'm sometimes worried the coyotes will start coming around.

It's my day off so it's laundry and cleaning for me then dinner with my fiance and his parents.

Have a wonderful day and stay warm everyone!

Hi everyone. Sneaking online so don't tell my boss.

Thank you to everyone for worrying about me. I'm sorry for giving you a scare. I had horrible reactions to Thursday's new drug, and was back at the doctor's on Friday for an injection to combat those. Then ended up at the ER early Sunday evening due to major problems from Friday's injection.
Friend Jim did NOT know any of this was going on. His girlfriend and I decided that he shouldn't be told since he had another stroke last week. She took me to the ER, but told him we were going out for some girl time. Then she checked on me at home Monday. I was back at work yesterday, but had to take it slow and easy. Finally starting to feel half way decent (my normal) again even though still fighting the pneumonia.

Good morning all. I've stayed busy and mostly off the computer the last month or so. Logging on here on my phone always is a big hassle and prefer coming here on the big screen of my desktop computer. The girls have been busy. They've already had their holiday musical at school and we're gearing up for their class holiday parties next week. Peppermint the Elf is back in our house and up to her usual activities.

We have our first big cold snap coming tonight, so I've just finished giving all the pigs fresh hay and topping off their water tanks and doing all the big chores while the wind is calm and not blustery out of the north. Annabelle will have two show pigs this year.

OC, I saw deer one morning a few weeks ago. I was able to sneak out back with my camera and get some good pictures. I ended up going around the backside of our pond and using the trees around there as cover to get closer.

Oh Squirrel, what an awful time you've been having! I don't know how you get up out of things like that and go to work. I'm glad you are beginning to feel some improvement. Please keep going in that direction! I'm so sorry about your friend Jim having another stroke.

IamRed, we usually see several deer together too, especially when driving down the highway. When one comes over the fence and across the highway, there are sure to be more to follow. I hope you don't get coyotes. I like having them here but they can be menacing to pets, and maybe cause other problems in populated areas. Have a good time at dinner.

Robin, I'm completely fascinated with your pet resort. So many things in the world that I don't even know exist! What a fun place for doggies! I can just imagine Mr. Gus turning his nose up at the snow. Just as well he doesn't like it though. It would be a shame if he really wanted to play in it but couldn't because of his back.

Muzz, :rotfl:, I'm not a snuggler but I would make you a nice warm "nest," like the one I always have made up for myself.

Manda, do you think cold weather can make the tire pressure light come on? Last winter I had mine come on a couple of times and then later it was off. I wondered if the cold weather did it.

Rocky, it's great to see you. Glad all of you are okay and just busy. You must have a special technique for not alerting the deer. Usually, the minute I open my door to go out, they bolt, no matter how careful I try to be. The one this morning didn't.

OC - I know for a fact that the cold weather affects tire pressure. But seeing as it will most likely stay cold being in Wisconsin and it being December, I'm better off just adding more air at this point. The last thing I need to is have to change a tire in the snow. Not that I haven't done it before, but the ice and road slush make it messy and exhausting.

Nice to hear from you Rocks, have fun with Peppermint and the holiday parties.

Brrrrrr. Lot's of us in deep freeze this morning. Cold and sunny here.

'Tis Pearl Harbor Day. I was 1 year old when Pearl Harbor was bombed. We lived in Vancouver, BC, so the war was already very real for us, but the bombing of Pearl Harbor brought it that much closer for all of us on the West Coast. Vancouver seemed like a very vulnerable place, so Mom took me and my brother to Saskatchewan to stay with her parents there until it seemed safer to be out West. Dad was employed by the military -- fixing broken parts of planes and other military equipment.

It's 35, but felt colder when Goldie and I had our walk. Something was spitting on
my face. It's going to be colder tomorrow,

rs, glad to see you post. I'm sorry the medicine hurt you. Prayers for you and Jim.

manda, sorry Gena left her books behind. The kids at the school understand when
book are done back in the backpack. Lots of kids forget to do that. Just remember no
liquid in the backpack. Several books this year got soaked.

Muzzaman, you have to come here first :)

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

It's really bitter cold today also. We're gearing up for the big snow storm coming tonight and Thursday & Friday. Maybe with the snow it will warm up some??

So glad you checked in RS, but sorry you're still feeling bad.

Poirot - so glad you don't have to go out and about. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for your trip into town.

OC - I love to watch the deer when they come around. They are so beautiful.

I was also thinking a Frosty from Wendy's when Noel mentioned making a Frosty.

Have a good day

Thanks for confirming about the air in tires and cold weather, Manda. You are wise to be safe rather than sorry.

Kat, I bet you and Goldie will make your walk quick tomorrow! Sounds like it will be a cold day all over.

Lil0, I loved hearing about your family's experience during the war, and how Pearl Harbor impacted your lives. So many lives were changed at that time. My dad was in the Navy but not until later into the war. Today I've seen a few of the men who lived through Pearl Harbor interviewed on tv. It is remarkable how much they are still emotionally stirred when they speak of it, after all these years. Some things leave a permanent imprint in our very being.

Shan, it's funny to think of how snow could warm things up. Just like clouds. Our coldest nighttime temperatures come after the clouds clear out.

My niece just came and checked the antifreeze in my vehicles. Car was ok. Good truck probably ok but she added a little. I have an older truck, which hadn't been used in a few years. My son has worked on it bit by bit over the past year and finally got it running but it had to be jumped each time. Son-in-law went and got a battery and installed it over Thanksgiving. It needed antifreeze. It's a pretty beat-up old thing but can be used as a backup on the place, and the teenage grandkids can use it to bounce around in the pastures when they are here.

Hello everyone. Nothing much going on here. It's been a little cool (high of 63* is cold to me, lol). Tomorrow night is supposed to dip to 33*.

Heck, I cannot even erase/delete the info on me. Even going to the Amazon site online had no help.

I don't know anything about tablets, but is there a factory reset you can do before you send it back? They will probably refurbish it anyway, so your information wouldn't be on there.

Oh, there was a "factory reset" line that I pressed over a dozen times. Short, long, nothing happened. I was really ticked, but especially that there was no written manual that came with it. I guess they thought anyone who bought one would be very familiar with whatever.........Stupid. Do they make a book called "tablets for Dummies? LOLOLOL

Good evening y'all,
RS, hope you and your friend get better soon. Sorry to hear about y'alls issues. :hug:

Rained last night and this morning, and only got to 50F today. Last night was super fun..let's just say, I was the life of the party. LOL. Today I had my oral quiz in Spanish, and got 100%. It's a big part of my grade, so I'm very relieved and happy. Also got back some papers from my class yesterday and got Bs, which I guess is fine, though not what I'd hoped for. But I'll take it.

A day of remembrance for Pearl Harbor for sure. Lil0, I'm so glad you shared your story. I guess the closest thing younger generations have to that is 9/11. I hope one day there can be less fighting and hate in this world.

Have a good night, everyone.

Back