2-10-18 - Donuts and Birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, YPG. I hope you have a great day with your daughters.

640x480delicious-birthday-cake-on-table-close-up.jpg

Thank you very much! Nice to come to one of the first sites I check and get such lovely greetings.

Unfortunately I can not see your pic katmouse, just a generic thumbnail icon.

Today will be a day of rain & Rock Band with youngest daughter, where I get to play lots of Linkin Park & Foo Fighters because it is my day. That is what youngest daughter says is my birthday present and that works great for me (though I will not dominate and we like a lot of the same other songs so will be reasonable to her lol).

Oldest daughter is coming home for an orthodontist appt on Tuesday and we will do a lunch for celebrating before she heads back to school for end of day class. She offered to stay but her being responsible and going to class is a great present for me, makes me proud.

Business partner/family friend who brings dinner every Tuesday for the us says he has a surprise for me, so that will be dinner & whatever. He brings the girls get fast food we otherwise do not eat when he stops by to pay me (I run his online presence) and we always watch Jeopardy together every week.

Supposed to celebrate with my Aquarius friend that we usually celebrate our birthdays together (only two days apart) on Wed (had too many appts so had to cancel reg celebration this year and first day I had clear for next week) and maybe some other people will come by, like a little daytime get together while youngest daughter is at school. We just hang out, no drinking, listen to music and gab.

I had asked ex to take the day off and he had the nerve to say he does not know yet. Yeah remember that business partner/family friend I mentioned earlier? That is who he works for and is just being difficult so boss will probably come by instead and make ex work lol.

So for breakfast, youngest daughter is making the best homemade hash with yellow potatoes, red, green and orange peppers (we can call them stoplight peppers), yellow onion, fresh garlic, bacon and various spices.

Dinner will be juicy (indoor) grilled burgers with some bacon saved from breakfast, more onions, and cheese for youngest daughter on hosted buns. youngest daughter is cooking that too. I usually do the cleaning up but younger daughter says not today but I will not let her do all the work because we always talk about teamwork.

The chiropractor did seem to help, did I mention that? Got some migraine relief. Can also sit more comfortably. Then the next day I went to the civilian neuro (referred by VA) and find out I have a pinched nerve so makes sense. So they sent their findings & me back to the VA, ugh.

Kicked the hornets nest at the VA again yesterday by retiring my issues to the higher ups. Will fill y'all in later/another day because breakfast is served.

Best wishes and lots of sunshine to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday, YPG!

I'm having trouble saving a cake picture while Windows is downloading an update. :cry:

YPG, I feel so bad about the problems you're having with the VA.

For those who remember our dear Lovo, this is also her birthday. I bet she's dancing around in heaven, and eating her special birthday cake.

My friend Jim called this morning about his latest with the Erie Va. His wife received a call Tuesday that they needed to see him urgently yesterday. It turned out that his counselor got the approval to redo Jim's first floor bathroom as handicap accessible. (He and his wife had no idea that anyone had even applied for it. ) He had to go through various physical tests to see if there was a change in how high he can lift his right leg since his January appointment with the VA stroke doctor (he still can't move it at all), how much movement in his right arm, etc. The VA is having someone come in Monday to do the measurements for a walk in tub with seat that slides in from outside, lower vanity/sink, lower towel rods, add safety bars, etc.

We had good supper last night. Not everyone could come since we changed
the day. No game last night. Our classmate told us about her experiences
in China. She won't have another break until July when she comes home.
Since this is a new school, she's going back in August and come back
in Sept to help with setting up the younger students (age 3 & 4) curriculum.

When I came home last night, the forecast changed to show bad weather
in the AM. I told myself to wake at 5 so I could get a head start in shopping,
but forecast changed again over night. The chance of freezing rain now is
late tonight. I guess I find out in the AM if church is cancelled or not.

rs, great news for your friend Jim.

YPG, I'm glad you're having a good birthday and you got some headache
relief the other day.

Poirot, thanks for the funny video.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of today.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been a pretty good day. I went out today to do some grocery shopping and got home fairly early despite going go various stores and having to contend with snow. I relaxed and did a few chores before lunch. After lunch, I took a nap and did a few more chores and right now I am relaxing before I go back to getting things done before dinner. I really have not done as much as I would like today. I am procrastinating.

The weather has been so snowy this weekend. We gave gotten quite a bit of snow the last two days. I feel like the dinosaur that Poirot posted.

Wishing all of you a splendid Saturday! Sending so much happiness to each one of you.

YPG: Wishing you a Happy Birthday! I hope that you are having a magical day.

Good evening and Happy Birthday to YPG!

It's rainy here too but not as chilly as it has been. Hopefully we get an early spring this year. I had a good winter break: relaxing and full of reading, although I wish it were longer.

My classes started on January 16th, and so far my favorite one is Social Movements. I'd heard from the previous cohort that it was a boring class with two terrible professors from another school.

Seems they fired them and hired the sociology department head from Arcadia to teach the class, and it's much better. I also have Conflict Transformation (a requirement, which I don't care for), A Case in Conflict (a requirement that travels to Northern Ireland to study The Troubles), and Youth Development & Democracy in Sierra Leone, which travels to that country in May. So this semester will be amazing with trips and such. My internship with the Middle East Forum's Islamist Watch is also keeping me busy, but giving me some good experience.

RS, I remember Lovo, and miss her. At times I think of her and other members of the site who have since passed on. I just found out today that one of my favorite teachers from my days at LaSalle University passed away in November from heart failure. He was 86, but I was still so sad to hear it.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Days DG.....yesterday, Wheel of Fortune was celebrating Philadelphia, and as I watched, I thought of you, hoping you have visited all the wonderful historical sites in your city. Or at least some of them.

They have been doing various cities, did chicago early in the week, San Francisco, Boston, others, been fun, as at the end they do something about a special food or restaurant from the city, and then visit a few landmarks, talking of why they are revered.

Good evening. Degrassi, I enjoyed reading your updates. Your upcoming schedule is a big WOW! Have fun.

YPG, I hope your birthday has been even better than expected. It sounded full of good plans.

Sweetie, nice to hear from you. You're going to turn into a snow bird!

Kat, it was interesting hearing about your classmate being in China. Sounds like you're having quite a challenge with your activities due to the changing weather. Be safe!

I was thinking about Lovo this morning too.

I spent the afternoon at the nursing home. Husband is still groggy from pain pills. His ribs are still sore. Also, now he has that rattling cough again, like a couple of weeks ago. No fever or head congestion this time, so far, but the cough sounds a little worse.

My big calves got hauled out this morning. That should help the cows get into better shape. It's been a rough winter for them.

Thank you all! Yesterday was nice.

Youngest daughter tricked me. She told me she was cooking dinner and doing chores, so to just relax and just watch Live PD (love that show, like updated Cops, A&E, Fri & Sat). She said I was banned from half of the house (this is easy because every room has two entrances) and did do chores (even though we always split everything up into things we each do not mind doing) though I tried to tell her we could just do things today.

Then bam, a cake! She made it when cooking dinner and chilled it in the big freezer till she could decorate. The cake was absolutely delicious.

She even made the vanilla icing between layers from scratch because I had liked it when she made some before but all store bought chocolate on the outside, My favorite. She then decorated it with icing hearts and icing candles.Tried to post a pics but have to resize it and phone is on the fritz and barely functioning (replacement arrives Monday).

All the food was delicious. Good day over all.

edited to write out texting abbreviation - JS

Back