2-15-2016 - Donuts and Sunny Skies

Hey everyone,

Snowing a tad bit outside. They say we can get 3-5 inches, but not sure if that'll happen. It is 32F, so we'll see. I'm skipping the gym today--just too tired this morning, and I have a long day at school. Really looking forward to spring break already, but have quite a bit of work before then.

Hope y'all have a good one.

Good morning folks. We had snow overnight, wonder if the plow will grace us with it's presence, doubt it. Still grey, overcast, but NOT below zero. That is a plus.

OC...you had 1/15 for your date, cannot blame you, unexpected people so early in the a.m. Hope all went well. I think it is time, past time, for me to get dressed. LOL

Good morning everyone. I feel a tad better, and have a little bit more energy today. Thank goodness I have today off as a paid holiday because I'm still slow moving.

Heavy wet snow is coming down now with another major storm to move in after 8:00 tonight.

My friend came over this morning asking me to print things from her thumb drive since I've been too sick to install her new printer that we ordered last weekend. She tried installing it herself then uninstalled it, and royally messed up her laptop. (How the heck did she mess up a plug and play printer?!?!) Then called me to tell her how to fix it over the phone, but she couldn't tell me what she did or what she clicked on. GRRRR (It sounds like she uninstalled the USB ports on her computer since her wireless mouse is no longer working.) Some people should never be allowed to touch a computer.

OC - I hope you have an answer soon for a safe easy way to move your husband between his chair and wheelchair.

Daysd- Be careful on the way to school. The snow is causing a lot of accidents across the state.

Poirot - Sending good vibes that your drive / lane gets plowed today.

YPG - Have a nice relaxing day.

Last edited:
Morning all.

RS, I totally agree with you on the some people should never be allowed near electronics. My dad being one of them. He has a Mac Book. I am a PC person. He does not understand that they do not operate the same way and that I can't fix his issues. I'm more than willing to take him and the computer to an Apple store and PAY to have it fixed, but, aaahhhh.

I went out and purchased a new couch yesterday. For the past 2 years we've been getting "rid" of the the existing couch. Or should I say, we've been talking about getting rid of it. I've called people to come take it away. All appointments have been cancelled for one reason or another. It's a sectional couch and half of it is in storage so we need to get the parts. But the parts are in the back of the storage unit.

Today I go to get the couch. My room isn't big enough for both pieces of furniture. But what to do? I have company coming all the month of March for Spring Training and the old couch is just horrible to sit on, sleep on, be on.

My Valentine beans are HUGE and have been transplanted outside. I hope our freaky warm weather doesn't crisp them before they can toughen up.

Happy Presidents Day to all.

Robin, A new couch! I could use one of those.

I am one of those people who shouldn't be allowed to touch electronics, when it comes to fixing them or installing things.

Squirrel, any improvement when sick is welcome! Glad you are a bit better.

YPG, enjoy your day!

Poirot, thanks for fixing the date for me. I was up in the night, helping the husband get to the bathroom. But if it hadn't been that, it would be something else. My mind has been so mushy lately. Taxes keep calling my name. I have piles of papers. Sigh.....

Degrassi, no doubt you needed a break from something. You are going at quite a pace these days. Have a good day!

My niece and her grandson just came over and brought us our dinner (lunch). She grills out a lot. So sweet of her! That was a nice surprise! I'm going to go eat now.

prezday.jpg

Good Morning!

It's already hot, sunny with a high near 90F predicted. People are wearing t-shirts, shorts and flip flops in February! How I envy all of you the cold, snow and windy days. Oh, well.

OC: nothing like a surprise visitor before breakfast. Actually just relieved you are finally getting some help with your hubby. You both deserve it! Wishing you a lovely afternoon & evening.

DAYS: your schedule is always so busy that you deserve a day off from exercising once in a while. Enjoy.

POIROT: glad your temps are not below freezing. Sounds like a perfect 'jammies' day to me.

YPG: enjoy your quiet holiday and have some fun!

SQUIRREL: I am one of those people who should never touch new electronics. Every time I get a new laptop I need a new printer and every time I try to install it I get the message stating a new driver is needed. After that it is chaos. Your friend is blessed to have you help her sort it all out.

ROBIN: enjoy your new couch today. And enjoy working in the garden as it is definitely warm enough.

Blessings everyone!

Afternoon everyone. It's a either party cloudy or partly sunny here.

I can usually do electronic stuff. I stop myself if I get too frustrated.

rs, I hope you'll better for the start of your work week tomorrow.

OC, enjoy your dinner with your family.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon.

Hello. Take care of yourself, RS. I'm glad you're off today to recuperate a bit more. About those who shouldn't touch electronics, I can be sitting right there with my mother and she does nothing I tell her to do. Who knows what keys she hits or what she clicks on, lol.

It might be nice today, since it's 70*, but it's overcast with a wind advisory, thunderstorm warnings and a tornado watch. Not much fun outside. I'm going to watch a movie.

Take care, folks!

Robin, can a MacBook be used as a PC? Printers are the absolute worst to install! I think a lot of people buy another printer in lieu of replacing the ink cartridges. My method of dealing with a computer problem is to worry it like a dog on a bone until it mysteriously starts working again. And by then, I've forgotten how I did it. :(

Well, I can't escape drama, lol. Remmy had been out recently, but was insistent about going out again. I understand now. Smoke was billowing from the other side of the field that is next to my house. I walked around the fence to see where the fire was and eventually ran into my landlord. Neither of us could get our cell phones to work. When I dialed 911, it sounded like 20 or 30 numbers being dialed and wouldn't go through. I cannot believe someone would build a fire with the wind we have today. The firetruck just left after two firemen asked me if I knew who lived in that house. The man who owned it died last year, so I don't have a clue. They said no one would answer the door, though there were several vehicles there. Oh, well, it's under control now. At least I got to see some handsome firemen (Lovo), lol.

Busy weekend but a good one. We had our granddaughter Saturday evening and really enjoyed her so much. She will only stay the night with us so I feel honored. When it was time for bed, I crawled into bed with her and she wanted to know where Papa was. She goes out into the living room and asked him to come to bed.

We are all laying there and she says, "Is it morning yet?" This goes on for awhile and she sits up. Rick asked her why she wasn't laying down and she says "well, I think I will just sit up until it's morning." So I said well you want to go out to Papa's chair and wait until morning, sure. I start rocking her real slow and she says "is it morning yet?" No, but I bet if we count to 90, by the time we get there it will be morning. So we both count (whispering) and by 6 she was out like light. Sunday night we both agreed it was so quiet and how much we missed her.

Stay warm for you that are so cold and snowy.

Hope you are better in the morning, RS

Shannon

Couch has been picked up from the store and brought home (edited for clarification). Old couch now blocking the fireplace. But at 90 degrees, I don't think I'll need a fire for a few days. New couch is in and looks nice. Now I have to figure out what to do with the new chair that came with it. At least I didn't get the love seat. That was even bigger.

So, taxes are done and FedEx'd off. Couch picked up and placed. Plants tended. It's been a day.

Last edited:
O.K. Robin.....color me confused......if old couch picked up......why is it blocking your fireplace. I thought you meant that someone was picking it up & taking it away to get rid of it????

Well, every time I make an appointment to have the OLD couch picked up and removed, someone cancels those appointments, as it is too much work. Actually, I guess it was a passive aggressive move on my part getting the new furniture before the old had been dealt with.

Actually, I'll take bets that the old couch is still sitting there next year. The old couch is a sleeper so it's heavy as all get out. It was in the house when we moved in. It didn't fit in the landlord's new house. Part of me figures we could just leave it when we leave. LOL

Back