2/16/24 - Donuts & Burnt Toast

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
It's a beautiful sunny day, currently holding at 37 degrees. The wintry mix will rear its ugly head this evening and run into tomorrow morning. Just when most of the snow from the other day has melted. Isn't that always the way?

I was so engrossed in my work earlier today, that I forgot to check on my rye toast, and it ended up a bit burnt. It was edible, though. Waste not, want not. That will teach me to pay attention to the toaster oven.

Wishing everyone a great day and long holiday weekend for those who are off on Monday for Presidents' Day.

1708098128955.jpeg

Good Morning... HB has the day off from driving as the high school is having an inservice day..... and Monday is a school holiday so he gets a long weekend....
As reported late yesterday the working for Hoopfest was slow and boring and LOUD.... the half time show was a bunch of elementary school basketball players so they practiced right behind me..... I lived in fear of a stray ball hitting the back of my head..... that didn't happen my chair yes but body no.... and I got dinner too!! I go back tonight for another shift.... Maybe the finals of the tournament will bring a bigger crowd?

We have the potential for a "wintery mix" to arrive tonight or tomorrow or it will just be grey and cooler.... I'm voting for grey and cooler....

Happy Friday to all....

Sprinkling rain....just enough to make everyhing soggy. Cold front blowing in. The enp will drop to the 30s Sunay. Grrrrŕ

As Wilde Woman and robinsnest have both stated the "white death", as my cousin calls it, is heading my way tonight through tomorrow morning. A trace - 2", which can mean anything around here.

Local schools closed today due to sickness. There were over 125 out including staff. That doesn't sound like a lot but when there are only 3 schools it is (500-600 students maybe?). Also closed Monday for Presidents Day so maybe a 4 day weekend will help with the sickness. Still scheduled to get out the middle of May.

Enjoy your day.

tis a toasty 10° this a.m. cloudy, of course, tho supposed to clear. BRRRRR. Going with a friend for a fish dinner......Ahhh, Lent gives the perfect excuse with the meatless Fridays...........
However, just hope we get parking close by. Still snow covered here, of course, and icy spots, so don't want to have to walk far. The restaurant is on Main St., so.........will be busy area. Take care........enjoy the start to the weekend

A cloudy day here. It was in the 50s when I walked this morning. It's in the 40s now. Saturday high in the 30s.
There was rain in the forecast, but so far just sprinkles.

I went to church today since there were services on Wed. I got it straightened up for Sunday. I'll be
doing studies this afternoon.

Wilde Woman, sorry about the burnt toast.

robin, I hope the winter mix comes after you come home from the tournament.

Poirot, enjoy your fish dinner.

I hope everyone will have a good afternoon.

Good afternoon. A cold front hit at mid-morning. Not real low temps (50* now, 30* tonight) but feels cold with the north wind and will be colder tomorrow. My g-nephew is here again this afternoon to cut a little more and haul off branches.

The hoof prints mystery out front is solved. My niece drove down to my well to turn on the heat lamp this morning and found a big, horned cow all alone. Very different from my Red Angus cows, which are nowhere near this pasture anyway. This stray belongs to a neighbor. He'll have to figure out how to get her home. He's a cowboy and his wife is a cowgirl so either one of them is more than capable.

I have to get busy and make sandwiches to take to the church in the morning for the family of the 95 year old lady who passed.

Back