2/17/18 - Donuts and Hungry?

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Help yourselves, plates at the start of the table........

52c800f31ba7db7ae3846a1b36fb3b74.jpg

cloudy, cold and overcast here, and snow in the forecast. The big question is the "when" as they forecast for today, then tomorrow, then back to today......lol

Bookwork today.......take care all, got to go get dressed now.......

Oh yummy. I'll have some waffles and bacon, and oh oh oh oh, is that watermelon? Yes, some of that too. Thank you for breakfast, Poirot.

That round shiny thing is back in the sky where it belongs today. No more rain till maybe Monday, which is good, we have lots of work to do in the yard.

Stepmom has a wedding to go to so I have a Saturday off!!!!! It just transfers to Monday. But there will be no banking on Monday, or post office, but still have to take her shopping and such.

And before I go, I'll snag one of those breakfast breads. Yummy.

Yawn. Wow! breakfast is made for me?! Whoppee!! I'm gonna start loading up my plate with bacon, eggs, and fruit! What a gracious hostess you are Poirot to think of us before you are even dressed.:clap:

Yes, Mr. Sun is glaring at me now much to Robin's delight. It was so wonderful to have clouds and sprinkles this past week, off and on, that I am almost happy to see him again. Maybe Monday.:huh:

Manda: enjoy your birthday weekend with Gena!

OC: we think and pray for you daily. Hoping your hot spot starts to work soon. You are missed!

Squirrel: watch out for those signs!

KT: hope your day is going great!

AGuy: been to the buffet lately? Look at the feast Poirot prepared for us this morning.

A quiet usual Saturday at our house. Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Hubby finally went outside, and guess what. Got rid of his old, junky, rusty pickup truck, that cost over $2000 in repairs last year, and came home with a Dodge Journey, which he now is having fits about because of all the new fangled electronics, dials, push buttons, etc. But...his choice and decision, I have no sympathy, especially when I see that he had to have the dealer put down the second row seats, so he could all his crappy garbage junk in the back. Yes, the man who doesn't ever throw anything away. Grrrrr.

Noel.....I read something absolutely terrible, and they won't give any information as to the WHAT EXACTLY, but several preemie babies in a hospital in Madison were reported having injuries, investigation going on, one employee is suspended, no one charged with anything so far. I cannot even begin to imagine what possible injuries several babies could have, there is now extra security and staff on duty. Weird situation. This evidently happened around the 12-13th of Feb. Heard a bit on radio, so looked it up.

:sad: That IS terrible news, Poirot! I can't imagine what provokes some people to act the way they do.

Re your hubby's tendency to hoard ~ I've talked with a number of people about my simplify/purge project, and so many have commented about how difficult it is to do this with a spouse who doesn't want to get on board. I feel for them [and you]. So glad I get to make all the decisions about what goes and what stays. There are definite advantages to living alone. :)

Good Morning and hope you all are feeling well and it sounds like you're out and about!

We had some snow here last week, 4 inches and it was wet, so neither of the dogs wanted to play in it. Chihuahuas don't like cold wet snow!

We're supposed to have more snow in the next few days!

Stay well all of you and big hugs to you all. Joan

Afternoon all. A cloudy day here and in the 40s. Rain last night. The ditch is
full of water again. I guess one day I need to go further down and get more
leaves out.

I went to public library again today. I guess they didn't realize I would come back
after being there yesterday. There wasn't much to put up so I spent time
alphabetizing the adult movies. It was a mess. Tonight I'm watching "Wonder".

Poirot, I'll have a late breakfast with French Toast and bacon. I hope your hubby
will go back to the dealer and have them teach him the buttons. My friend did that
after she got her newest vehicle.

robin, enjoy your time with stepmom.

kt and OC, I hope both of you are doing well.

rs, I hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

If anyone is tired of snow, please send it my way. We didn't have much
this year.

I hope everyone will continue having a good weekend.

Poirot: the staff are usually suspect until cleared in a NICU unit. However abusive parents are sometimes caught/reported and court restraining order issued for the babies protection. It is unthinkable evil to me to harm an infant or child!

Lilo: hope your day is a great one.

Newt: poor little cold dogs of yours. Hope it warms up soon.

Kat: Wonder us a good movie so enjoy your evening.

Hello! My internet came back unexpectedly, much to my relief. I thought I was going to have to take my hot spot to Verizon to get it checked out. I haven't been able to get to that town in well over a month now. Thanks to Squirrel for passing along my message, and thanks for all of your kind comments, thoughts, and prayers. It has been a rough week for me. By the time the drops-related migraine left me, I had another kind of misery in full force: coughing, sinuses screaming all over my face, ears with touch and go pain, sharp, piercing pains on each side of my head, post nasal drip gushing, chills and fever off and on, queasy stomach (after the migraine had already had me throw up till there was nothing left in my stomach besides the water I forced myself to drink to avoid dry heaves). I hardly got out of bed except to go to the bathroom. I was too weak and shaky to do much else. Didn't even turn on my tv for a few days.

I turned some kind of corner yesterday. All of it was milder but after several days in bed and very little food, I found I had lost six pounds and was still woozy. I didn't have any weight to begin with, for reserve. I'd been sleeping propped up on the couch so last night I slept in the bed and woke up this morning feeling like maybe I was finally over it. Didn't take long out of bed to find out otherwise. I guess it's going to take awhile to get over whatever I've had. But I do have some appetite back and today I cooked a chicken breast in some water and ate a little of it and drank a cup of the broth. Had a poached egg for breakfast.

I did take hot showers during this time (it was the only thing soothing) and thank goodness for the walk-in shower and all the grab bars I had installed for my husband a few years ago! It will be a week tomorrow since I've been to the nursing home. Husband has called twice. The first time, he was confused and sounded a bit troubled but the last time, he seemed alert and upbeat so that put my mind more at ease. He even knew my phone number and repeated it several times and was so pleased with himself for remembering it.

I don't know what I'm going to do about this eye thing. I have to get the surgery done because my vision has gotten even worse in the past few weeks. I'm having trouble reading my computer screen and seeing the tv. It is a strain and is stressful to struggle with it. But I cannot put myself through the ordeal of the drops again and I know now I would be too sick from them on the day of the surgery and no way could I continue using them for another two weeks, even if I got that far. Poirot, you said you got the drops only on the day of the surgery. I don't know if that is like the option that was mentioned to me, where they inject the drops into the eye before the surgery, but I will probably take this option because I don't think there is any other way. (I've had a reservation about it, which I won't go into right now). I suspect it will make me sick anyway but at least I wouldn't have to come home and try to cope with more drops while sick. I need to put the surgery on hold and go back in and see the doctor and discuss all this with him. It has all been a complete nightmare.

Also, I usually have my tax stuff ready for the March appointment with the accountant by now but haven't really gotten started due to the difficulty reading and all the things that have come up. Not sure how I'm going to get that done. Wish I could get a copy of everything all laid out like Squirrel mentioned, but I have to go through all kinds of receipts and a wide variety of other documentation and get it all organized. It will get done somehow--no choice.

I apologize for writing such a long post. I may not be posting as much for a while (am I hearing sighs of relief?) due to the eye strain but I will try to read about all of you each day and no doubt I will say more than anybody ever wanted to know. Love to all of you.

Noel........they sure are keeping a lid on whatever happened. I believe it is a male nurse who was suspended, but the fact they have put in extra security makes you ponder. This was in the NICU unit, and supposedly parents were all notified, and all parents with babies there are concerned.

But they are being very tight lipped, and refuse to even say how many babies, or what the injuries are. They could be black and blue marks??? Have just never heard of something like this. 4 days, no one arrested, still "investigating" say police, as does the hospital. I think most nurses are saints to begin with......(my mom was one, so...am familiar with a lot).

OC ~ glad you've got internet access again. With my cataract surgery, I put one drop in my eye as soon as I got up on the day of the surgery, and then I put a second drop in just before I left the house to head up to the hospital. I have not put in any drops since the surgery. The doctor put some time-released medication into the eye during the surgery that is intended to take the place of any post-op drops.

Rainy and windy here today. Just a reminder that winter isn't over yet.

OC: I am relieved to hear from you, have an update on both you and your husband and encouraged you are feeling a little bit better. Having a virus with a strong migraine sounds debilitating! You could never write too long a post because we all care for you!!

Please ask the doctor to hospitalized you for the eye surgery due to the severe and debilitating side effects of the dilating eye drops. That way you can be safe and receive as much pain treatment as possible post surgery. You have so much on your plate that this would ease your burden a tad bit.

I smiled when I read how proud your husband was of remembering your home phone number. People with dementia are aware for a while that it is slipping away from them so I am certain he is relieved & joyful to be able to contact you. You are in our thoughts & prayers daily and sending you a :hug:.

Poirot: thanks for more info on the baby abuse situation.

Lil0: hope your day is bright & cheerful.

Kat: you are so dedicated. Sure wish one of us lived by OC too!

Please ask the doctor to hospitalized you for the eye surgery due to the severe and debilitating side effects of the dilating eye drops. That way you can be safe and receive as much pain treatment as possible post surgery. You have so much on your plate that this would ease your burden a tad bit.

I could not possibly agree more!

OC: Please query your doctor regarding the use of a very short-term general anesthesia if he should decide to use a block in lieu of drops. I have been there, done that, and can show you some shirts! :) We are all thinking of, and praying for, you!

PS: I would have preferred messaging you, but AOLMail has been down for over a week! :angry::angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
AGuy: bravo!

Hope your AOLMail is back up and running soon. And gotta say, I giggled at your avatar!

A. Guy, I appreciate your concern, and yours and Noel's suggestions, but I don't understand how a general anesthesia would help (other than maybe keeping me from coughing while I'm on the table). The migraine from the drops doesn't start until several hours after the fact. I also don't know what you mean by a "block" in lieu of the drops.

You have all my sympathy on your AOLmail being down! My e-mail was down for a couple of weeks recently and I almost lost my address completely because I hadn't renewed and didn't know it was time. They had been sending notices to my husband's old e-mail address. I thought I had all that straightened out a couple of years ago.

Noel, being hospitalized for observation and pain control sounds inviting but I can't imagine a doctor would hospitalize me just because I asked him to. When I initially told him about all drops giving me migraines, I don't know that he took me very seriously. He just said he'd never heard of anything like that before. I'll have to see how this goes.

First I have to get in to see him for another consultation appointment. This is not something I'd want to try to discuss on the phone, even if I could get him to do that. I don't find doctors very accessible. I know they are overloaded and overworked but this guy seems to space out his appointments to fit into the time slots. I didn't have to wait two minutes to get in, the day I saw him.

Well, OC......they might do things a bit differently now, I don't know. But, after the 16 drops in the hospital, and being taken to operating room, they activated the IV, in my hand, which was already readied, and put something in which knocked me out completely. This was so they could inject the "block", which more or less freezes/numbs completely the entire quarter of the part of the head in which the eye is located. One is only out for a minute or two, the block takes effect very quickly, thus you are awake but feel absolutely nothing in that area.

So many advances have been made since then, so.....just wanted you to understand about the "block". Heck, I had regular surgery with a big scar across the mid section to remove MY gall bladder, but my daughter had a couple tiny holes around the navel (I think it was laser) and went home the same day, whereas I was in hospital 5 days. LOL

Wow, that's interesting, Poirot. I know a lot of things have changed with time, and also each doctor seems to have a particular way of doing things. Also, since I've signed up for the laser method, it may be somewhat different from what's done with the knife. (My doctor does both, patient's choice). I have been told by his office that I will not be given anything by needle. I will be given a small glass of something to drink and will be awake during the procedure, which will take 10-15 minutes.

However, I think a shot will be used to deaden the eye so now I'm thinking whatever I drink may do what is necessary to shut out awareness of the deadening shot. Maybe "block" means nerve block. They say recovery is about 30 minutes but come prepared to stay longer if necessary. Overall, I would feel pretty positive about it, if it weren't for the stinking migraines!

Back