2/2/2017 - Donuts & Western Omelets

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Just getting started this morning really. Walked into work and tripped over an e-mail asking me to work Overtime Saturday. Hey, I like money, and I'm sure it'll come in handy for the honeymoon in a few weeks.

Hope everyone's just having a peachy day.

Wayne

Happy Groundhog Day wherever you are...Right now, clear skies, sun is gonna shine, and it is just 1 above zero. The kitchen faucet suddenly stopped working, no idea why. Some part in the faucet apparently. Wonder if we will get up to the 12° they claim will be the high. Brrrrrr.
I hate a day like this, pretty as it may be, as I have to go town, and have lots to do. I hate getting in and out of the car in these kinds of temps. Brrrrr again. LOL

Good morning Wayne and everyone checking in later. Heavy fluffy snow is coming down making it look like we're in the middle of a shaken snow globe. Yep, this is my kind of weather.

Another office day for me working on state contract reports for my last county (that is on Daysd's side of the state). I'm just missing 2 documents, and they're in a different state server than the one I just completed working in. The worker changed the password, and now can't remember what it is. GRRRRR! I'm waiting for her to contact the state for them to change it again.

Wayne - over time pay is always a nice bonus. Congratulations on setting the date. As Steve Miller sang "You've got to go through hell before you get to heaven." You've found your heaven.

OC - can you send some of those scrambled eggs my way? They sound yummy, and I'm hungry. Starting work at 7:00 makes it way too early for me to have breakfast before leaving the house.

If it weren't such a great childhood filled with great memories, I'd begin to feel old about now. :)

(I wonder when The Three Stooges will get blacklisted or handed an R-rating because of the inherent violence, ala what TV did to the Wiley Coyote cartoons a few years ago.)

Just a heads up........evidently some of the sites where the emoticons come from, no longer exist. So they don't show up at times. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find replacements....(some just are tooooo big.) Just be aware.

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was quite cold and cloudy, even some snow flurries in the morning. Today is crystal clear and we'll be in the 40sF.

Wayne, so glad to hear you set the date! How exciting! Where's the honeymoon gonna be?

I applied for the American Studies program at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (on Oahu, where I was born and raised for the first few years of my life). Hoping I get in! If I do, and get a good enough scholarship, then I will definitely be going there. I was also invited to an info session day for the graduate program here at Arcadia, which consists of tours and interviews. I'll probably attend the March 3rd session. I hope that goes well also.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

Morning all.

The Waste Management Golf Tournament started yesterday and traffic in my neck of the woods is best described as impossible. Lots of walkers, folks who park in the big mall across the street and then play frogger to cross the 6 lane 45 mph road to get to the other side of the road so they can walk a shorter distance to the entrance. 3 DUI check points, 2 that move every few hours. So you never know where they will be. Deep breath. This is just princess problems and it will go away Sunday. Breathe in, let it out.

Wayne - congrats on the date and future plans. Overtime is always good.

New computer and old computer are at the shop. I need my calendar and emails from the old computer. Should be ready this afternoon. I have to print a boarding pass for my neighbor today. She sent me all of her information and it's in the dead computer. Little things like that. Things I should be able to take care of, but I trusted electronics. Perhaps that paper DayPlanner wasn't such a bad thing.

Thanks for the heads up on the emojis. I thought I've seen fewer and fewer, but I figured I just remembered wrong.

Happy Groundhog day and may the varmint display the image you want to see today.

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a brisk 5* right now. Supposed to get up to 14* today, but the sun is out so that makes it seem nicer out than it really is.

We've got a Girl Scout meeting tonight. The girls will be working to earn their Respecting Authority Badge.

Wayne - hope the overtime is uneventful for you.

Poirot - good luck with the errands. Be safe. Hope you can get your faucet fixed without too much hassle.

DaysD - hope all your school stuff goes well.

Robin - good luck with all the crazy golf people.

RS - ugh, hope they can get your password fixed sooner than later.

Wayne - Sounds like you 2 have a good plan in place, even if you have to be apart for a little while.

OC - stay warm.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Where's the honeymoon gonna be?

Aside from the weekend, we're kind of holding off on a full-blown honeymoon. Her new job (no leave) and everything else, we just can't spend a week, but when we can, we're considering either Charleston, SC, or Savannah, Georgia. Both of which are niche little romantic cities.

I applied for the American Studies program at the University of Hawaii
Very cool, and I wish you the very best "broken leg" I can without jinxing it. :)

Amanda , it is the other worker's password that she can't remember. I just have to log in as her to print out 2 forms to compare to what I retrieved from the other state server. The state supposedly doesn't have the two servers communicate and share information for security reasons. At least that's the doo-doo they keep handing us, but I think they just don't want to pay for the software / server upgrades on their end.

The state supposedly doesn't have the two servers communicate and share information for security reasons. At least that's the doo-doo they keep handing us, but I think they just don't want to pay for the software / server upgrades on their end.
As a server kinda guy playing devil's advocate, it could go either way. Luckily, you're not like me and have to wait for a 3-hour delay while California gets into the office, gets their coffee on, and decides to actually start working. (4 1/2 if I'm being honest)

Tis funny, how the time difference affects us all. My one daughter was in Eastern Time Zone, and so was an hour later than me, so our phone calls sometimes did not work out.....then she moved to CA, so was 2 hours earlier. Havoc when we tried to communicate. So, I sympathize with you, Wayne, having to wait til CA gets to work, and more importantly, gets their act together in order to communicate. Retaliation, of course, is when, at 3 p.m. they want to communicate with your office, only it is closed. LOLOL By the way, that daughter is back in the Eastern time zone. Ha.

Good Morning all

Wayne, Just took a close look at your pic and WOW, my hubby would be so envious of your bike!

Not sure where to put this next comment so putting it here. There has been a lot of talk about Days and being canceled and Megan Kelly replacing it with her one hour talk but I was just reading that Tamron Hall has been let go from the Today show and Megyn Kelly is going to have the 3rd hour of the Today show. Now it is still the same this am here. Does anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
my hubby would be so envious of your bike!
I truly wish I still owned it. Sold it shortly after I moved to the D.C. area about 4 years ago due to safety concerns and not having anywhere to park it. Now, I have bigger priorities, but miss not having a bike every time it gets above 50 degrees outside. :)

Back