2-2-2018 - Donuts on Friday

A sunny day here in the 40s. A good day at the school library. I got about 20
books entered that the public library gave the school. I still have to label them
before they get on the shelves.

I'll try to remember Monday to post the link to the Super Bowl ads. Some
of them are already on the internet.

Has anyone kept track of how accurate the groundhog is with his predictions?

rs, sorry to hear you're sick again. Take care over the weekend.

OC, I'm glad you had a nice day yesterday with your friend.

Lil0, I'm glad the doctor didn't find any bleeding. I'll keep praying for you.

YPG, I missed your post. Prayers for you.

manda, enjoy the dance tonight with Gena.

robin, have a good bonsai class tomorrow.

Noel, enjoy your relaxing weekend.

I hope everyone has a nice evening.

CLOUDY
feels like -6°
H --L 1°
UV Index 0 of 10
WEATHER IN MOTION
locationPin.png

NEXT 36 HOURS
HOURLY10 DAYS
TONIGHTSNOW SHOWERS
LOW

60%
SAT
HIGH
14°
80%
SAT NIGHT
LOW
-9°
20%
SUN
HIGH

10%
SUN NIGHT
LOW
-5°
10%
Occasional snow showers. Low 1F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
  • WINDSE 4 mph
  • HUMIDITY74%
  • UV INDEX0 of 10
  • SUN7:27 am5:13 pm

Cannot imagine Noel (or anyone) would want this sort of forecast........lol

Like always, I appreciate all of the kind thoughts and words!

My occipital nerve block (what is causing me issues) was actually done by a great civilian pain doctor but the staff makes me want to strangle them.

I worked in the hospital in the Army and have been having surgery since my teens (too many to recall at this point lol) so have nothing but empathy and appreciation for the people that give care but I just cannot seem to win these ladies over.

I have brought them doughnuts multiple times, always compliment them and show gratitude, changed appts at their whim, dealt with dismissive attitudes, no call backs, late prescription refills, so much and I will continue to do so because the doctor is wonderful, but just wish I could figure out the key to be treated a little better (not better than others, just maybe like a person lol) but oh well.

As for the cat in the airduct and not believing the landlord when he said there was no way it got in from underneath, I think I will find someone to get under there myself to check things out for sure because I can not afford these crazy bills.

Over two grand for propane since filling up in October is ridiculous. I did not know this house was heated by propane until I had already signed the lease and moved in and have never dealt with propane but really, with a thermostat never set above 64°, that amount of money just seems high.

I also said Groundhog's Day is a favorite movie of mine because I have amnesia and that is like my life every day lol. I was able to read back over the posts and get some recall, to post again with some clarification as to what I deleted.

Also, any questions about head injuries and migraines, I have both so if there were questions, more than happy to help.

Next time I will not be so quick to delete, as y'all are always so positive and helpful.

Wishing you all warmth and pain free days!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm finally checking back in. Doc said it is definitely pneumonia and the onset of a sinus infection. Back on my usual meds, and if I'm worse by Monday then I get a prednisone injection. Joy. Joy.

Lil0- that is good news. Sending up prayers that the rest of your tests are clear.

A cat in the vent and a $2000 propane bill! Sounds like you're heating the great outdoors, YPG. No wonder the cat got inside since it was nice and cozy.

Amanda -Have a wonderful time with Gena.

Noel - Thank goodness my doc's office is only a 1 /2 mile so not far to travel. It keeps a close watch on me since my lung capacity is diminished by scar tissue from years of chronic pneumonia and asthma . I have 60% use of my right lung and 70% use of my left. That's still a lot more than some people and at least I don't need oxygen.

robinsnest - I wish I was there to take your beginner's bonsai class.

Shan - probably no Super Bowl at my house since I've already seen most of the commercials.

Poirot-please keep that nasty weather up there.

I feel like I'm missing someone. I'm sorry. Time to put the phone down.

@YPG...you may just have a leak in your propane tank??? $2000 is way more than it costs me up here in the frigid north country!!! Or your furnace is defective in some way. Are you the only house using that tank?

As to your treatment by staff.....perhaps you can just nicely ask the doc if the staff is told to refer any calls to the next visit??? You don't have to complain, or rat them out, just say it surprised you that you weren't offered a solution of some kind...or something like that.

Hope Noel is fast asleep now, RS is on the sofa in a blanket, Mandy & Gena are having great fun,
Kat, you had a great day...glad you enjoyed it.

Hope everyone has a good evening......

Lil0, so glad to hear no bleeding!

Squirrel, I hope you nipped the pneumonia and sinus infection in the bud.

YPG, I'm glad you reposted. I didn't see the first post. I hope the cat in the vent thing gets resolved. I agree with Poirot, something must be amiss with your propane, unless you have an extremely drafty house. Out here, people have big propane tanks, away from the house. They sometimes get leaks. But you may have a different setup.

Well, the landlord one day texted that he came by (without texting first like always and the dogs did not alert me) and examined the airduct system under house but found no point of entry, so the cat must have gotten in from an outside unit. That does not seem possible. Not calling him a liar but just seemed shady in my opinion.

I will check on getting the tank checked for a leak. That is a suggestion I did not know about. Also, since it was my neighbor's cat, I think I will do my best to convince him to go underneath and check things out since I did not rat him out about his cat so the landlord would not charge him for any damage (that apparently does not exist).

I am going to definitely be straight up about the matter with the staff, politely, with my doctor before we do anything else next appt.

Thanks for all of your continued replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, with a propane tank, a valve can go bad, (it happened to me) and sometimes the tank itself then has to be replaced. In my case, the gas company did it, and did not charge for the tank, since it was their tank to begin with. They had to send someone out, they have special detectors.

Back