2/24/17 - Donuts & the North Wind doth blow

Oh, how frustrating for you, OC. I have been there, and know how difficult. Is this your phone company? If not, do they have a dial up service maybe?

I know the federal govt. is talking of getting all rural people some kind of service, but that probably is wayyy up the road.

Otherwise, Up here, our electric company has something, I don't use that, get mine now thru my phone company. But also Direct TV has Hughes Network.........Good luck, my friend.

Good evening everyone. It was quite warm today with a high of 74*F!! Poirot's and Amanda's storms will arrive tomorrow with falling temps, rain, wind, then snow.

I went to the outpatient center this morning. It took me longer to check in then have blood draws and chest x-rays done. The ladies at my doctor's office had problems getting the hospital systems computer take and record my fingerprint. It finally took, but the program at the outpatient center couldn't recognize it when I put my finger on the screen. It ended up making me enter everything manually plus answer all of the security questions. One of the employees came out to see what was taking so long for me to show up on her computer screen in the other room (she could see me through a window). My profile and the tests the doctor ordered should've shown up within 5 seconds of me touching the screen.

At least the afternoon was very nice.......my cousin invited and treated her friend and me to a late lunch. We had a wonderful time.

Poirot - that wind sounds awful.

Amanda - I'm glad the girls had a wonderful time touring the police department.

OC - I'm so sorry that you're internet situation seems to be getting worse instead of better.

I'm still waiting for April, the giraffe, to have her baby. I've been watching the live streaming from the Animal Adventure Park east of Buffalo, New York, off and on for three days.

April is in the birthing enclosure. They moved Oliver, the sire, to the adjoining pen so she wouldn't be lonely.

The vets and handlers are on the walkways on the upper level around the pen.

Her food and water are suspended in the far corners on the right and left that are out of camera range.

Back