2-24-2016 - Donuts and Muddy Roads

Good morning...grey skies again. Got caught in heavy snow yesterday when I went to town. Of course it held off all day until I had to leave. Then it stopped, but while in the doctor's office, it began again. Really was heavy, hard to see, was that heavy, wet, slushy, spring stuff, but fortunately not much. I had planned a few errands afterwards, but instead, high tailed it home. 20 miles, and not knowing if it would get worse or what. Got a shot, arm hurts starting last night, today as well. Have lots of desk stuff today......Just hope I get it all done.
Good to stay in, OC, let the roads dry. Did you get your other flat fixed??
Wayne.....you do know why there are hats and umbrellas.......I know you do? LOL :wink:

My area finally got rain late yesterday and last night. Radar showed white
stuff, but I didn't see any. It's in the 30s now. It will be windy this afternoon.

I hope kt and everyone else is ok after the bad storms last night.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful Wednesday.

Hi everybody. We're still having torrential rain here. I had to stop at home to check my basement around 9:00 on my way south. The water was rising, and the 2 small pumps I had left on were overwhelmed. I put the big pump on, but will have to check it when I get back to town around 1:00.

Poirot - the calendars went out in today's mail.

Robin & Noel - I hope you're feeling better.

Morning Everyone,

OC, I agree stay in, no need to get stuck in the mud.

Still unseasonably warm, but colder than it was over the weekend, which is good for February. Don't want it to get to warm too early and kill all my spring flowers when it gets cold again.

Apparently Gena has been having heartburn issues at school, but never told me. I found out in an email from the teacher yesterday letting me know that Gena goes to the office almost every day with an "upset stomach". So I got to run to the store last night to get a bottle of antacids to go along with a medication form to send with her to school today. She's never had problems during the day before only at bed time. I'm going to have to talk to the doctor about it more if this doesn't clear up for her soon.

RS - good luck with your basement

Barb - glad you made it home safe in the snow.

Prayers for all affected by the storms.

Good afternoon. I was up half the night because of bad weather, NOAA radio going off every few minutes and just being a little wound up, lol. The sky started clearing by 3:00am, though, so I finally got to do some stargazing. The night critters were apparently happy after the storms, too. They were singing very loudly. I love it! With the rain and warm weather, I already need to mow the grass weeds, though the purple and yellow flowers look pretty together. It's cloudy again now and very windy.

JS, did you see signs of your daffodils? They have already been blooming here in the old field next to my house. My area is probably ahead of yours on the blooming timeline, so I took a picture for you to enjoy now, lol. I think this may have been an old homesite at one time and the daffodils are still living happily ever after. They are everywhere!

Noel, I hope today finds you feeling better.

Take care everyone.

22416daffodil3.jpg

Seasonally warm here - and SUNNY! So sorry for everyone in the line of the storms going through the east & south!

Went outside last night and watched the moon come up - it's so weird! When the moon is coming up now it looks like what we call a harvest moon -- but not in February?

Stay warm & dry
Shannon

Poirot, I haven't even been out and tried to air up the tire. It was so windy and cold and wet here for a couple of days, I've just hibernated. Also, I've been so, so tired lately, all I can think about is sitting or lying down. I think it will help if I can get some phone calls and paper work done. A bunch of stuff I dread and put off, then I get depressed because it isn't getting done. Ugh!

Good afternoon. It's been a busy week with cleaning and a school field trip today, a trip to the library yesterday to turn in the girls' winter reading challenge forms and get a free book, and Annabelle's birthday party coming up this weekend. I can't believe she's 9 years old. Time is just going by so quickly. We had a light rain yesterday and were north of all the severe weather thankfully. I hope everyone has had a good week and I'll try to catch up on reading Donuts tonight.

From the paper today:

Arizona had 1,600 cases of flu reported in the past week and currently has the highest level of influenza like activity in the country, according to state and federal health agencies.

The 1,600 number was particularly high, said Jessica Rigler, bureau chief of epidemiology and disease control for the Arizona Department of Health Services.

Nice to know that Noel and I are not alone in our suffering.

I managed a half day of work then ended up sleeping for 90 minutes. My cough takes so much out of me. And I have no appetite. Not a highly recommended weight loss plan.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Back