2/27/16 - Donuts & wide awake!

Good Morning. Another balmy day in the high 80s here.

Lilo: I empathize with your insomnia. Sure hope you can nap later this morning. Does music help?

Awake since 4pm -- just about bedtime now for me. Talk about a weird sleeping schedule. Oh, well, my first priority is healing. Then I'll conquer reversed sleep patterns.

Wishing each of you a great Saturday. See you tomorrow.

It's supposed to be a nice day, but I have so many errands today
I won't get outside. Since I'm so busy today, I took dog out at 6 for
our walk.

Noel, I hope you get more rest this weekend.

Lil0, I hope you're get a nap in later today.

I hope everyone will have a good day.

Good morning all. Woke up too early again, but stayed in bed, I think I dozed off for about 15/20 minutes, once, but finally decided perhaps I should get up. Lots to do today.
Lil0.......when I had a houseful last year, just for 4 or 5 days, it really had me going, plus not tending to things I would have, so with you having all the extras living now at your place...I give you great credit. Especially after only having to concern yourself with "just you" for so long. And same goes for O.C. who has had to shoulder a lot more than she did in the past.
I guess we all just "do what has to be done" when it comes down to it.
Hope Noel & Robin have turned the corner and are now on the other side of that terrible flu.
Although am not really seeing it yet, the sun looks like it will be coming out, and want to laugh? They are saying up in the 40s today. Ha. And then, snow tomorrow. Go figure. Seems we all are getting up and down, up and down, back and forth.
Enjoy your day, everyone. :)

Good morning all!

I have been up since about five o'clock as my youngest daughter has her third year of Science Olympiad competition today and had to be at the location at 7:00. I have to occupy myself until the awards ceremony later. I always find it harder to occupy myself on the weekend.

I have gone from being poor to having disposable income a few times so I have run the gamut of mattress types. When I got money this time I purchased a memory foam + cooling gel mattress + box spring and frame. I can not figure out if it is comfortable or not because I always have pain and I slept on a cheap mattress + box spring on the floor for many years, pain or not.

I think it is more comfortable in the warmer months as the cooling gel is not so hard when I lay down. But after laying down for a while, my body heat makes everything cushion me and then I can lay on my left side. I never considered buying a mattress topper for my last mattress. That probably would have worked very well and saved Me some money and grief over whether this mattress works for me or not.

JBS is a terrier and chihuahua mix. He likes to fetch and will make you throw the ball over and over. The ball is a smaller tennis ball and always gets stuck under things which drives me crazy because then I have to find/get it but because of JBS's instinct he will like point to wherever the ball is and come get you and lead you to it and stay focused on it till you find it. Sometimes this drives me crazy.

RGA is a chihuahua and daschund mix so she does not really have a fetching instinct but she has learned to play when JBS is playing and she uses her own specific toys rather than a ball. I can never tell if she actually likes fetching or if she is annoyed that I keep tossing her toys lol.

Binge watching Fear of the Walking Dead (The Walking Dead spin-off of the west coast) today. I was like eh about the first episode so hopefully it gets more engaging.

I hope the sun is shining for everyone and good day.

Up early - I have always been an early riser! Raining now and it's to clear off by noon!

I have some projects to get to work on and then this evening we are meeting friends for dinner and then back to our house to play cards.

Noel hope your feeling better

Good morning. I've been trying to work on my mother's computer, but it's not going smoothly (as if it ever does), lol. Every time I think I've taken one step forward, I have to take two steps back. If I have to wipe the operating system, I'll have to start from the recovery disk for Windows Vista, upgrade to Windows 7, then to Windows 10. Such fun to think about, :sarcasm:.

It's going to be a sunny day with a high of 65*. I think I'll have to step away from the aggravating computer!

You sleep when you need to, Noel, and I hope you are well soon.

Take care, folks.

Forgot to say, watched Three Men & a Baby last night, had not seen it in years, so was almost like lst time. Really enjoyed it, was really funny watching each one try to deal with a baby for the lst time in their lives. Unlike babies on soaps, this one was awake, kicking, crying, laughing, etc. etc. Such a cutie pie.

I can never tell if she actually likes fetching or if she is annoyed that I keep tossing her toys lol.

This makes me laugh. All of you sure do have some entertaining pets! YPG, your mattress with cooling gel sounds interesting. It made me remember I have a pad somewhere with that in it. I think I will find it and put it on my innerspring mattress.

Looks like we had a lot of early risers here this morning. I slept hard until 7:00, after taking Benadryl around midnight. I had a phone call last evening that was actually good, but still it got my brain stirred up and I knew I wasn't going to sleep so I took the Benadryl.

Kt, you are a prized daughter, to be doing that computer stuff for your mother! I hope it doesn't give you too hard a time.

Shan, I thought of you earlier when I saw a weather report that said the only place with rain would be the upper western US.

Poirot, your up and down weather sounds like what we have every spring and fall (and sometimes winter too), only thankfully, our temperatures don't go as low as yours.

Noel, yes, heal first--and FAST. You've been sick long enough now.

Kat, did you explain to your dog why you were taking her out so early? :rotfl:

Lil0, you make me think of my niece. She has more projects going than I can count. She doesn't sleep much either.

I guess I'm not the only person who gets robo-calls, but I have one that is driving me crazy. I don't answer but looked up the number online. Over the past week it has been calling about four times every evening. No-call lists seem to be useless. I just don't understand why there can't be a way to make home invasion by phone illegal and put a stop to it!

OC....they ARE useless, but you can report those numbers. I think there is a place on the do not call site to do so.

One cannot tell robo calls to "take me off your list".

Afternoon. I had to go out and get Mr. Gus' brain pills. He is on some doggie over the counter cognitive awareness enhancers. He was out of them, so off to the vet to pick them up then a little drive. I was the passenger in the car and I'm exhausted.

I saw an article in Consumer Reports about call blockers you could add to your phone system at home and block calls. I stopped answering calls from folks who wouldn't put their name on the caller id a long time ago. I ordered one from Amazon and it has cut the number of calls in half that get through. And as I block the others, it's great and now that it's election season those calls are being blocked too. Peace and quiet. Best $100 I ever spent.

I hope to get out into the garden to plant some starts. We shall see. Rest first.

Good Saturday all.

Well, this one sure is persistent. I've already had one call from that same number this morning. Plus a call from another number in a different area code. This is very annoying. Ordinarily my phone doesn't ring very often and I like it that way.

I hate the calls that only indicate "Wisconsin call" or Illinois call, which are only one step down from "unknown name". There is supposed to be a way to block some numbers via your own phone company, but have not found that to work. No idea why.

It is now 53°

It says on my voicemail that I do not accept private calls and I rarely answer unknown callers, though if a number is persistent, I just answer and say WHAT? Then I politely tell them they have the wrong number and to please remove my number from their calling list. That usually gets rid of them.

If I think it's a robo, or a call center, I answer, and say nothing (mute the TV.) Wait until the caller disconnects, and then hang up. I think this tricks the robo into thinking that yours is a FAX number, etc. It seems to help.

@KT, would it be easier on your mom if you upgraded her computer to Windows7, and waited a while for Windows 10?

ROBIN: amazed at your improvement and delighted you were able to run some errands today. I am sure you are exhausted so rest up friend.

As for non-identified calls...declined button & then dele
te them from my call log. It is winnowing down political and robots calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back