2-28-2016 - Donuts and Sun

K

ktspirit

Good morning. It's going to be a sunny day with a high of 73*. While it's still cold this morning, I'm working on my mother's laptop. Windows Update log only went back to 9-2015 and there were tons of failed installations. I'm just going to wipe the operating system and start over. I figure that will be easier than continuing to look for all the errors with different codes, lol.

Take care!

Good morning kt!

Supposed to get to 64 today.

Good luck with your mom's laptop.

Working 10-6 today. I have so much to do. Every month we change over all our end stands, side panels, and displays. I'm not even half way done with my section. Hopefully I can finish today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good morning all. Temps began to drop yesterday afternoon, 29 now, supposed to snow, grey skies. Will be off to church in a bit, am out of the shower, etc. The warm spell yesterday melted a lot of snow on top the lake, was weird how no wind, bright sun, and just those less than 24 hrs of a warm spell.
Have a few things to get at the store.
I always get annoyed when stores change their aisles, the areas where items were "always stocked" on the shelves. Disconcerting. LOL. Yes, I know why...we are to notice other products/brands, etc. But boy, when you only need a couple of things, are in a hurry, sure tis frustrating. (Talking grocery aisles).

Later folks, have a good day. !

That is why I love shopping online. I always find what I need and never get distracted by what I do not. Even my grocery has an online shopping & pick up program. Online shopping has saved me many dollars and stopped me from continuing to buy stuff I already have or do not need. Plus I do not have to deal with people so no worries if I or anyone else is having a bad day or long lines or being out of stock.

The high today is 66°. Since I have this upstairs room that runs the length of my house, I hang out up there and open the upstairs windows on each end and run a fan to keep the air fresh on these mild days. I never open downstairs windows because I have to have the house cool enough at night to sleep under a comforter and can not wait for it to cool down.

Finally finished watching Fear the Walking Dead yesterday. The beginning was slow but it picked up in the end.

Today is season three of Bates Motel which is a prequel to Psycho. The author of the original Psycho story, which was adapted by Alfred Hitchcock, is Robert Bloch. He is one of my favorite authors. I was reading his Wikipedia page today and he had so much material.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bloch

My youngest daughter won 5th place out of 26 schools yesterday in one of her events. That is pretty good considering her practice was always always cancelled.

I hope the sun is shining and good day to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. Will reach 77* here. Husband was disoriented and woke me up at 4:00 this morning. After an hour he settled down enough for me to go back to bed for a while. Now he's been sleeping all morning and hasn't even had his breakfast.

Last evening I finally answered the annoying robo call. It was for a political poll. I usually don't participate in these things but I thought maybe if I did, the calls would stop coming. So I answered the questions, presented by a recording. But at some point it said that they ask different questions each week, which told me the calls will be back this week. Boo! It did, however tell me they could be reached by calling this number, so if I get another call I am going to call that number and see if I can ask them to take me off their list.

I had a busy afternoon yesterday. I've had three cows w/calves that aren't mine in the pasture around my house for a few weeks. They've been hanging out with a cow and three calves of mine that got separated from my herd months ago. She's a loner by nature so I hadn't been able to get her back with the herd, which is in a different pasture across the road. So yesterday this little group came into my yard and I was able to lure them into the pens with cubes. Their brands are too faint to be deciphered. The cowboy who helps me came over but he didn't know where the strays belong either. He's coming back this morning to take them to the sale barn, where they will stay for two weeks, while the sheriff tries to track down their owner. He's also going to load my cow and calves and move them over with the herd.

This must be a restless season for cattle. Earlier in the week, one of my bulls was fighting with one of the neighbor's bulls. They tore the fence to pieces and some of my cows got across into the neighbor's pasture. Thankfully, the neighbor's hired hand got them straightened out and repaired the fence. I've had another neighbor's bull in with my cows all winter, and now I'm told two of my cows are in yet another neighbor's pasture, back from when the river fence was down! Okay, enough about cows. I'm sure nothing could be less interesting to many of you. They are a big part of my life because they are not only my livelihood, they are relaxing for me, and even entertaining, so long as they stay home and behave!

Good morning. We survived Annabelle's birthday party yesterday. My sis-in-law and her family stayed afterwards and a friend's family that couldn't make it to the party came by and we had a cookout and played cards while the kids played. Today is now cleanup day. It should be nice, short-sleeved weather for sure most of this week. Annabelle has her last livestock show this week and thankfully Hubby will be off work for that one so I won't feel too out of my depth again with it all. I hope everyone has a great day.

OC, I like your cow stories! Do you have a dog to help you herd them? Does your cowboy use a horse, or an ATV? Do you sell the calves, or raise them for beef? It sure sounds like you have a lot of work to do on that farm!

I hope you, and all the Spectators, have a restful Sunday!

Good Morning!

It's full sun here and 89F. March 1 is forcast as 90F; then 92, 93, etc. Unbelievable -- 15 degrees above normal. As soon as I am well I want another trip up north to find some cold and snow!!

KT: sounds like a good plan to reinstall Windows on your mom's laptop. She's fortunate to have a caring daughter who will do this for her and make sure it is properly installed. Enjoy your sunny Sunday.

RED: wishing you a quick and easy display change with few interruptions. Hopefully you can enjoy this evening and rest.

POIROT: your weather sounds perfect for me. Hope your shopping trip goes smoothly and your Sunday evening a great one.

YPG: your cooling system sounds perfect. When I grew up we always used the outdoor breezes to cool or warm the house in the morning. And Amazon carries even food so basically we can shop at home for the rest of our lives.

OC: what a busy Saturday you had wrestling stray cattle. We had dairy cows -- I admire them -- their personalities are as varied as a human being. And the calves are adorable! I love reading your descriptions of your ranch and do understand your livelihood is at stake. I am so proud of the American farmer & rancher! A true independent pioneering breed.

RF: congrats! on a successful birthday party for Annabelle. Family fun is always the best. And hoping she does great on her own at the livestock show this week. Enjoy your nice weather.

AGUY: Wishing you a restful Sunday too.

Afternoon, all. Nice slow day here. Regarding Mr. Gus' brain pills, they say that they are not for human consumption, which is quite funny, because Mr. Gus' friend, my partner, could use them too. But the label keeps me from sharing. And they've changed the delivery method from crumbly pill to gummy. Mr. Gus prefers the gummy but it is harder to sneak a gummy into human food. That neat yogurt topping is gone. :rotfl:

OC, please continue with the cow stories. It helps remind me that the ground beef I'm eating was once on someone's land.

YPG, enjoy your viewing.

Noel, this weather is really crazy. I'm going to try to bake out the remainder of the virus.

Have a great Sunday.

A cloudy day here with wind. Time to walk the dog. Then
I need to start on my tax return. I'm still missing a form, but I
can get started. I've never done my taxes so late before.

kt, good luck with your mom's laptop.

I hope everyone will have a relaxing afternoon.

STELLA!!!!!! I've been repeating that quote from Streetcar Named Desire a lot today!! My young housemate's cat is named Stella. Today she nearly broke my cell phone, and she shoved my potted plant off the top of the fridge -- breaking the pot and sending the dirt flying. She eats my dog's food and then throws up. She rearranges my small area rugs. **sigh** I've asked my housemate to find a new home for the cat. Enough is enough. OK end of rant. Sorry about that. I just needed to scream a little.

I would say definitely, you had enough, my friend. You have opened your home to these folks, have assumed responsibility it seems. I am sure your housemate understands how much YOUR world has been turned somewhat topsy turvy for the last several months. Most animal shelters find new homes for both cats and dogs. Ours does.

Thanks, Poirot. Yes, she really does understand and has frequently expressed her thanks and appreciation. I know she doesn't want to part with her kitty, but she also doesn't want to cause me further frustration and extra work and expense. She has a friend that might take the kitty. But it needs to be soon!! :) This has moved up the priority list for me.

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for being off the board for a few days. I finally got caught up with most of my house cleaning the last three days, but have been feeling so sick and tired out that it has been Netflix since Thursday morning. I finished watching season 1 of Fuller House today. If you were a Full House fan, you will love this one.

Yikes! kt, I didn't realize the Windows updates went back that far when I told you to make sure they were all installed.

OC, I love hearing about your four legged girls and boys! In fact, I love hearing about everybody's furred and feathered kids, too. Now to make you all jealous..........I got to hear Remmy AND Sparky the other night while talking to kt. :clap:

Poirot - you really don't have to send me your rain and snow this coming week. I'd rather have just the snow.

Lil0 - you truly have gone above and beyond for your house guests.

Prayers continue for everyone. I guess I better get busy catching up on posts.

The WalMart phone app is at least good for telling me in which aisle an item is located. However, it tells me that an item is out of stock in my store when I have it in my hand scanning the UPC code to get the price! I know it is due to things not being scanned in when they come off the truck, but it happens quite a lot.

Last edited:
Regarding Mr. Gus' brain pills, they say that they are not for human consumption

I had a friend whose father was a veterinarian and he told me it was years before he realized all medicines given to the family weren't supposed to say "for veterinary use only". :rotfl:

I also had a dog who was injured and developed tetanus. When I brought her home from the vet, I had to give her Valium so she could relax and eat. My husband at the time wanted to know if he could have some of her Valium, :rolleyes:. He called them doggy downers, lol! By the way, my dog getting her medicine was more important, so I told him to stay away from her pills, lol.

I'm sorry that I wasn't much help, kt. I just wish we all lived closer so we could help each other in person.

I don't know if I'd be much help with OC's cows or Rocky's pigs, but it would be fun to try.

I wouldn't be of any use to kat in the yard either....I have to pay someone to do that stuff for me.

Hmmm, I could work on home projects with Lil0, though. I'd even bring all of my own tools.

Hey, I could help OC shoot those nasty rattlesnakes.
shotgun.gif

Last edited:
@Lilo, it sounds as though Stella may need to be "made available" soon! Just out of curiosity, has your housemate been having many 2-legged visitors? It is kind of you to try to help others; I hope things calm down in your home.

Back