2-4-2016 - Donuts, Cold Cereal/Fruit

Good Morning Friends!

This morning we have already had our first dust devil and Sunday is predicted to be 80F. I've got the end-of-cooler-temps blues. Hope your weather is beautiful.

It is a whirlwind too at my house this morning. We are finishing up our best preparations for my brother & friends visit. And my sister & I made plans for next week. Just love sibling days!

Wishing each of you something special to be thankful for today too.

While it is to be warm on Sunday, (thank you Mother Nature), today my new car kept telling me I was on icy roads, and I believe it. We have this huge HUGE golf tournament in my area this week, which drives the locals insane as we try to find ways to go about our daily business while not interfering with those here to party. So I had to take side side streets.

I am so looking forward to the end of this week as it has been filled with work days with guests in the office, and nights at board meetings, early mornings, late nights, etc. But it's all good as it will be warm soon.

Noel, have fun with family. And I know all about sibling days, I have one coming up this weekend!!!

A Guy, I love sitting in waiting rooms. NOT! Good luck and hopefully it won't be a long long wait.

Happy Thursday all.

Good morning....will it make anyone feel better to know it was 4 below this a.m. Not here, as the furnace began acting up during the night, so hubby has been fooling around down there off and on during the night and again this a.m. It HAS warmed up to 17 outside, but I guarantee you, I am not a happy camper. This "new" furnace has been nothing but trouble since winter set in. This time the furnace seems to be overheating, as the blower is acting out of whack.
Tried to get appt. for haircut, with no luck, into town today, dr. appt.
A.Guy..always used to get the "waiting room blues", but the place adopted a different rule about 2 or 3 years ago. 15 min. is all you ever wait. (ssshhh, don't tell anyone how they call you from waiting room, put you in the exam room, and you wait there, instead. LOL)

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone,

Super busy morning with meetings and whatnot. Troop meeting night for us. We are continuing our earning our badge for respecting ourselves and others. We're a little out of order, but we thought this one was important to do right away.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

I need to find a different doctor. It's a group practice, and the waiting room is kind of small. Was there a few years ago, and the room was packed. The oxygen level got low enough to make me a little woozy, so I moved my chair right in front of a floor fan (about 5 feet away,) and let it blast me full in the face. Additionally, there is not enough parking, and the curbsides are not cleared of ice/snow in winter. The doctor is a nice guy, but.... :rolleyes:

Poirot, a lot of people leave the waiting room magazine behind when they are called. Not me (anymore!) :)

I had a frosty morning at 17 this morning. Sun is out now.

I went into town and did errands. I got more tax forms since they weren't at IRS
office last week. I got my free antennae from cable company to watch the
stations that are off. Not surprised I can't get them. What a pain. I'm lucky I can
still watch CBS while Las Vegas customers can't.

Noel, I hope your bank issue is sort of solved. Enjoy your family visit.

A Guy, I usually take a book when I see any doctor.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

POIROT: your heater problems this winter are frustrating & bewildering. Kudos to your hubby for his determination. Sure hope it is fixed soon.

MANDA: a wise choice to teach on respect as a priority.

KAT: glad you have a solution to your cable issues & a little sun to brighten your day.

Time to chat some more with my brother. See you tomorrow, friends.

Hello, better late than never. It's been colder today, so maybe that's why my injured back has been hurting more. I stayed in bed for most of the day. It hurt to sit up or stand. I did go out once when my niece called and needed help. She locked herself out of my mother's house and was stranded.

Mama is being released from the hospital tomorrow morning, but will be going to the nursing home for 21 days. Her doctor didn't want her at home without medical supervision, plus one of her blood thinners is a shot in the abdomen. I don't know if she and my dad can be roomies, lol.

Guy, my doctor is like Poirot's, making me wait in the exam room instead of the waiting room. At least there are magazines in the exam rooms, too, lol.

Stay safe, everyone.

Sorry I've been missing in action here all week. My husband has been in the hospital since Sunday. Nothing life threatening, just some ongoing personal problems that needed more attention than I could give. He will be there at least through Monday. I've been staying days at the hospital and come home at night to sleep. He doesn't do well in a hospital so it's been pretty stressful.

Kt, I hope your back is better by tomorrow. Glad your mama is leaving the hospital. Sorry she has to go to the nursing home, but she probably needs the time to rehabilitate some.

AGuy - it just angers me to have to wait in a doctor's office. I showed up once and I went to sign in and there is a sign stating the doctor is running an hour and 45 minutes behind. I blew my top. I had driven 35 minutes to get there from across town. I asked if they were running that late couldn't they have called and let all of us know. Needless to say I left. One time I waited over 2 hours only because my daughter was sick and when the doctor finally came in, I let him have it to and he of course blamed it on the receptionist overbooking! When we were done he gave me a sticker and sucker, also. Changed doctors after that.

Noel - sounds like your house will be hopping for awhile. Enjoy!

Poirot - sorry to hear about the furnace not performing again, nothing worse than cold cold weather and have to worry about the heat.

Robinsnest - sounds like a whirlwind week. Hopefully it's almost over.

KT - so sorry about your Mom. I didn't know she was in the hospital.

OC - You sure have had a run of bad luck. You're in my prayers also. It's so hard and tiresome to spend your days at the hospital.

I'm so glad it's Friday. It's been a very long week. Lots to get done this weekend and also Superbowl Sunday. We have been invited to several parties but have declined as you never get to see the game or the commercials. So we will stay home and have our daughter & her husband over.

Shannon

Shanrick.....you reminded me of the time it happened to me. Only I had to drive 65 miles to see that Dr., and he was running over 2 hrs. late. I about had a fit, for same reason as you. I did leave, but just went to get something to eat, and a bit of shopping before returning 2 hrs. later. If I had gone home, would have had to return for an appt. He was the doctor who saw me after my auto accident, and because he was at the hospital that day, I was able to be seen x-rayed & casted, so when he was running late because of something similar(??) I could understand.
(I had been taken by ambulance to closest hospital, and they did not have anyone there to do the casting. So after my husband arrived, he had to take me by car to the one this doctor was at. 30 miles further. )
However, when I learned he DID see patients at the other hospital once a week, or once every 2 weeks........that is where I went from then on. LOL

One time I waited over 2 hours only because my daughter was sick and when the doctor finally came in, I let him have it to and he of course blamed it on the receptionist overbooking!

There was a sign posted at Thursday's appointment, asking us to "be kind" to the receptionists. Further explained that they have no control over a doctor's late arrival, or the amount of time he spends with a patient. Re overbooking, I hope that doctors will soon be able to, in some way, control all those rogue, overbooking, receptionists. :rolleyes:

Back