2/6/2024 - Donuts and where is everyone?

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm heading out to a job at the school district.... another fun filled 3.5 hours of sitting and keeping a chair warm..... if it's more I'll be shocked......
it's a foggy day the sun is struggling to come out... maybe on my way home......

I hope everyone is have a good day....

Warm (50+) spell here for a few days. This weekend rain, turning colder. Don't mind the "colder" just don't want snow messing with my doc appts the next few weeks.

Tonight is "Senior night" at the basketball game. My oldest nephew is a senior in the high school band (drummer). I think all the sports, band, cheerleaders, etc. will honor their seniors. We are a small school system, one high school so it shouldn't be a long ceremony. I plan to go but along with it being a small school, it has a small(ish) parking area. Love my small town, but there are disadvantages.

Everyone enjoy your day!

Sun was out for about 1/2 hour early, and then, yep, cloudy, overcast, grey sky, etc. Looks like it's gonna rain, but it won't . We might get some Thursday, so will just be gloomy til then. Have to do laundry, try and get more of this desk cleared, either file, or throw. LOL
Had a couple phone calls already.......so plans change thruout the day. LOL

I don't want to ever be a "Donut hog" and start the day's thread too often...give others a chance!

It is sunny again, thankfully, and 41 currently.

Robin: I hope the chair appreciates your presence :)

rfsexton: Enjoy the nice weather, and how lovely for Boomer!

Nameless: Great temps! Your small town sounds charming.

Poirot: Good luck with those chores, a necessary evil for us all.

Let's all have a great day!

1707243922896.jpeg

Last edited:
It's sunny and will be in the low 60s this afternoon. It was in the 30s when I walked. Cooler
weather next week.

I worked on summary and studies this morning. I washed a sheet and it's hanging outside. I'm
debating to go out and do some weeding. Friday will be good day to go out too.

robin, I hope you had something to do today besides twiddling your thumbs :)

Nameless enjoy the game tonight.

rf, enjoy the nice weather.

Poirot, I hope you got some work done today.

Wilde Woman, you should jump in and start donuts if it starts getting late. Some people don't start
a topic.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Heck, Donut thread not hard to start.....Just put on the date and say Good Morning.....everyone else chimes in after.

Thank you for the encouragement, Kat and Poirot!

I cover my face when I walk past the Entenmann's display in any market...I like it all!

1707256914202.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm always happy for anyone to start the thread. It's hard for me to get going with anything in the mornings.

The weather was partly cloudy but nice today. I took my jacket in the car but didn't wear it. I had on a long sleeve corduroy shirt. But I got cold in Wal-Mart and wished I'd worn the jacket inside. I had a good day. My haircut wasn't until 3:00 so I ate and did errands first and came straight home after getting my hair cut. I ate at a new BBQ place in town. It was so good and what a surprise I had when I was told some other customers at a nearby table had paid for my meal when they left! I had seen them eating and didn't know any of them. It was just one of those nice things that people sometimes do. Needless to say, it brightened my day.

OC, it was nice someone paid for your meal. I never eat in a restaurant alone. I feel people would look
at me.

Kat, I have a couple of close friends who feel that same way. While I admit, I'd prefer to eat out with someone because it's more fun, it doesn't bother me for other people to see me alone. Guess I'll have to buzz up your way sometime so we can go eat together! Haha, wish I could.

When I worked for the Software House, I'd often travel to other districts. I would eat out alone a lot. Some times depending on where I was, I'd see another person eating alone and ask if they wanted company explaining I was also eating alone.... I ate with some very interesting people....I never minded eating alone.... or going to the movies alone....
Then the OVERLORDS purchased the company and I was no longer traveling as much..... as we were no longer selling the product but actively forcing people to search elsewhere for a system.....

I came home from the school and feel crummy..... will be testing later on Wednesday..... headache, sore throat..... exhaustion....

I did two laps again today. I have a very nice cell phone purse made by a friend of mine who is also a doll maker. It lets me keep my phone with me at all times. I find things to listen to on my phone while I walk. I need to get some ankle weights to exercise inside with. I gave all of Mom's PT stuff to my SIL's mom when she broke her leg and the STUPID hospital sent her home with no services. I educated SIL and she was able to get her mom what she needed. I was my Mom's caregiver and pushed to get her everything she needed from home health, so I know the drill.

Back