2/8/24 - Donuts and Warmer Weather

rfsexton

Reaction score
Our area temps went up nicely in the area. 66 right now which beats low 50s. In line for drive through food bank. Fresh fruits and vegetables and bacon today. People line up early. I discovered that when I started coming

We warmed up a bit here, too. 44 and sunny. I actually opened a window, imagine that! But we are due for rain again starting Saturday through Monday.

rfsexton: Nice weather for you, enjoy!

Robin: Good luck with HB at the doctor.

Is it really Thursday already? Let's all have a great one.

1707405957464.jpeg

Good morning ,,,,,,,,,,,Guess it is better than the S word .....but just unusual to have it raining in February....definitely glad it is not a blizzard. LOL. Got to go out, medical appt. this morning. At least once a month, they check my blood. Glad it is just a finger *bleep*, and not the larger draw from the arm. This weather really affects my sinus, maybe it will stop raining for a bit, while I go for the appt. Then again, my car could get washed if it rains. LOLOL
It sure feels cold, but then, no sun, dampness......oh, well. That's what sweaters are for, along with the warm coats. Ha. Hope you all have better weather. Take care.

HB has had a wound for over a month it's not getting better, not growing so his doctor looked at it and said I was doing a good job with taking care of it and to keep doing it... it if hasn't healed or gets worse get back to her..... she also looked at his head.... bald old man head and burned off a bunch of little bumpies that could turn into cancer.... she also told him to wear a hat.... HB is NEVER to go outside without a hat ever again.... ya that'll go well.....
It's a nice sunny windy day here..... we are waiting to see just where the storm is headed, north of us we get snow, south of us we get rain.... y'all know which way I want....the opposite of what RedSquirrel wants....

Have a great Thursday.....

It would seem a nice wish that everybody could have the weather they like. Nice but impossible, since humans have such differences in opinions and tastes. :) It was sunny here this morning but has clouded up. May reach 70*. Windy. My tv signal is still coming and going. Once again, I got a late start today. The only thing I've accomplished is breakfast and now it's time to cook something for lunch! Yesterday I realized my appointment with the CPA is March 4 and it's not that far away! Maybe just as well I stay away from the tv and get back to my taxes. I also noticed I have a doctor's appointment that same day and I learned voting is on the 5th, which means the clerks have to go to town and get instructions, machines, etc. on the 4th. I'm going to have to do some rearranging of schedules and somehow figure out how to start getting up earlier so I can cope with early arrival on election day. When I make myself get up early, then I end up needing a nap during the day. :eek:

Robin, around here nearly all the men wear hats (or caps). Used to be cowboy hats (or Fedoras for some) but over the decades those farm caps have become the most common sight, even for some of the die-hard cowboys on workdays. I don't see how they can provide any protection for the face and neck but they would protect a bald head and they would be less bulky and lighter weight than other kinds of hats. But it all depends on HB's reasons for not wanting to wear a hat. Some people just don't and I can understand that.

It's sunny, windy and almost 70 outside. It's going to be nice tomorrow too. Cooler temps Sat. Rain on Sunday. The
white stuff maybe Monday.

I washed a sheet this morning. It was dry when I got home from the little library. I'm going out soon to work outside.
I have several things I would like to do. My hat might blow away.

rf, I hope you found some goodies at the food bank.

Poirot, I hope your trip out went well.

Wilde Woman, I can't believe you opened at window below 50.

robin, I hope you find something HB would to wear when he's outside.

OC, good luck figuring what you need to do March 4.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Traveled to my neighboring town (which has a Walmart!). I was there last week and gas was 2.86 (or something like that). Today it was 3.09. I understand gas prices will rise, but that much in about a week? Ridiculous. Hope your gas prices are better where you are. Still 2.99 in my town, but will be way over 3.00 soon, probably tomorrow.

Otherwise, was a good day.

Everyone enjoy your evening.

We had been at 3.29 but dropped down to 2.99 where it has stayed for several weeks now. Once upon a time, long ago, gas stayed at same low price for months on end. Maybe years. LOL Now one never knows. I use little gas now that I live in town, so don't "fill" the tank any more. I might do a little over 3/4 when I need to get more.......but then prices on everything seem to fluctuate a lot. And sure havew gone up of late.

I was just going to say that Mrs. Clean. Yesterday morning when I drove Mike to work for 6:30am it was $1.20/litre and thought I should fill up but nope I didn't. I filled up at noon when it shot up to $1.36/ litre. It's crazy we pay so much being a oil and gas rich province.

So, I received my answer to whether or not my lotto tix were winners.........and they are not. I submitted my receipts on Monday and saw on the news yesterday that 3 friends in Calgary won that nights draw. Good for them.

We're having a hard time keeping up with electric bills here in Texas. Mine went up by about $150 from last month to this month. It's never, ever been close to this amount before, though has gradually gotten higher over the past few years.

Good to get the lotto thing settled in your mind though, Muzz. Pretty neat to know some of your friends won something. About the oil prices, sadly, being oil and gas rich doesn't seem to count for anything these days. Same here in the U.S. and especially Texas.

Back